Lights on too long - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Lights on too long

Disc Brake Kits from ECGSECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 12-27-2007, 07:18 PM   #1
udmover
2011 WK 

Lights on too long

Hey all! Have had an '08 Patriot one week and it's great! When I press the remote unlock button the headlights stay on for a really long time. Is this an adjustable feature? I don't mind it so much at night, however it seems like a waste during the day. Jeep is a Sport model, E pkg. Thanks!

udmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 07:28 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Do you have the EVIC/Drivers Convenience group that has all of the display info in the left instrument cluster? If yes then push the button until you get tho the personal preferences settings and hold it in, then you can get to the settings like you're asking about. Starts on pg 177 of the owners manual. You can download a copy here:
http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/manuals/index.html

and welcome to the MK area. I see that a while back you were debating between a GC and a RR, what changed your mind?

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 04:51 AM   #3
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

for unlocking, as Gramps said, the evic is your only option.

for locking and having the lights come on, if you dont have evic (and even if you do) its a selectable feature - if you just tap the lock button the headlights wont come on, if you hold lock down for more than a sec, the lights will come on for whatever the delay is set to.

Last edited by CharBroiled; 12-28-2007 at 05:07 AM..
CharBroiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 05:18 AM   #4
udmover
2011 WK 

Hi Gramps- Thanks for the info. I don't have the evic feature, but I'll look into the lock/unlock sequence on the keyfob. Last year I was looking at selling my Mitsubishi Eclipse for a '98 5.9 Ltd., or Range Rover, but poor reviews of the RR, gas costs and the selection of 5.9s in my area turned me off. Time went on and I saved my money still looking for a car, and then the Patriot turned up! Everything I hoped it would be! Thanks for the welcome.
udmover is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.