Lifted patriot or Renegade - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Lifted patriot or Renegade

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! April Instant Rebate: Up to $75 off Flowmaster Products!

Unread 04-18-2015, 04:44 PM   #1
phazelag

Lifted patriot or Renegade

I am going to be buying a new or used jeep over the summer. I love wranglers but they are not practical for a daily driver and I need easy access storage.

I am extremely fond of the Renegade and will likely go that route, but the patriot body style reminds me of the older Cherokees and those are my favorite jeeps.

I think if I could find a patriot with the freedom Drive II option and added a small lift and larger tires I would be a happy camper.

I am wondering if the overall off road performance of the renegade trailhawk edition would be better than a lifted patriot?

I guess I am asking is what considerations mechanically should I think about?

Thanks.

phazelag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2015, 12:29 AM   #2
Tyler-98-W68
2012 MK Compass 

From the videos I've watched online, and the extensive offroad experience I have with FDII MK's (FDII 08 Patriot for 4 years, my 2012 FDII Compass 3+ years) the FDII Patriot's and Compass are no worse than the new renegades, and can be bought cheaper. Not to mention at this time there is no lift kit for the renegades. It comes down to preference, pricing wise I find the renegade too much money for what you get. Grab a patriot or compass lift it and toss on some 15 wheels like I did and have a blast.

Tyler-98-W68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2015, 09:39 AM   #3
phazelag

Tyler those wheels look nice, what size are the tires? Also do you have any rubbing on the body or handling issues with the lift and tires?
phazelag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2015, 04:02 PM   #4
Tyler-98-W68
2012 MK Compass 

235/75/15 MB Chaos 5 Wheels, there is only a select few wheels that are 15" that will clear the brake calipers on MK's. No handling issues with the lift or tires. Zero rubbing. I have gotten rid of the pinch weld in the front wheel wells, however that was because I used to run larger diameter tires that what I run now. With a stock FDII and no lift the tire combination I have now should work with no issues.
Tyler-98-W68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.