Lifted Jeep Patriot.... sweet - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Lifted Jeep Patriot.... sweet

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 02-01-2007, 01:50 AM   #46
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

Hmmm...

Those pics from the SEMA show rig look MUCH better, but that front end is still really homely...

!!!!!!!FOR SALE!!!!!!!! '02 WJ Graphite Limited 4.7 with all options; IRO 5.5" coils; JKS U/L CAs; RK Adj. TB; MX-6; JKS Discos; JKS BPEs; Hard-KOR SS; KOR Endlinks; Rear Addco; IRO A-arm spacer; BS Ext.; Ext. SRs; 255/75-R17 BFG M/Ts; 17" Chrome Torque Wheels; SpiderTrax; Westin Safari Bar; KC 600 Series HiLites; Rock Rails; Smittybilt TL Guards; Smittybilt Blk Hitch Shackle w/Lock; H.O. Intake/Spectre Cone Filter. http://snipurl.com/7attr
WJ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2007, 07:37 AM   #47
bridgman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ Freak
You may want to invert the "o" and the "i" on the roof rack...
wow, i suck at spelling, or did i do that on purpose
bridgman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2007, 03:17 PM   #48
skyjacked94xj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I saw one at the Jeep dealer. I like them, that one is awesome

CLASSIC TOY
1968 Chevy C-10 short bed
Chevy 350 crate motor | 4-speed | fully restored | Lowered | 20" Centerline Daggers.. wayyy too much to list

Project
1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
350 TPI | WS6 | 48k original miles | Flame Red Metallic

SOLD: 94 cherokee | Lifted | Locked
SOLD: 97 TJ | 33's | 4.56's | :(

Searching for an Ls-1 Rx-7 project....
skyjacked94xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2007, 10:47 PM   #49
Jeep Guy 5

That Patriot looks great, can't wait to see more of them on the road.
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Member: #191[/FONT]
Jeep Guy 5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2007, 09:08 PM   #50
97tjtom
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i cant believe it has a 19:1 crawl ratio.

my girlfriend is looking to get a new car and shes not into wheeling but i got her to like this one. at least its a jeep
Unread 11-29-2007, 07:50 PM   #51
timogilvie
2007 MK Compass 

The great debate?

Why the overlap? well, I will tell you from true experience. In May of 2006, my wife and I went to a DC dealer and said, enough with our 2000 neon, we wanted something that could accomidate our dog, our camping and any other urban small family needs. We got a Caliber. September 2007, we get a call from DC saying they can get us a better deal on a car because the price of our caliber accually went UP! (love supply and and demand) Went back to the dealer and purchased a 2007 Compass. We didnt by a Compass, we bought into the Jeep name, the culture etc. It was in our price range, had upgraded stereo, etc (North edition) and has 4X4. This is why they cross platform cars like this. BRAND LOYALTY! Compass/Patriot is affordable, fuel effcient, entry level (something Jeep did not have) Jeep, and will most likely, NOT see a 6cyl.

This is my wifes jeep (i have an old 91XJ) and will not see trails, but I will tell you that it feels MORE capable in city driving then my big ol' 4L 5spd, and it is much cheaper to run.

The real question would be, why have a Compass AND the Patriot, as they serve the same client base. Thats why I think they are cutting out the Compass with the new buyers, and keeping something like the patriot.

Just my 2 jeeps worths
Unread 11-29-2007, 08:21 PM   #52
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Think Global. The Compass is doing quite well in the export sector. Jeep is world wide not just NA. There are many other buyers out there that don't like the boxiness of the Patriot and wouldn't even consider Jeep if it wasn't for the Compass.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2007, 10:35 PM   #53
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Believe Me-Much Happier with My Patriot over Xterra

I had an '05 Xterra 6spd that I loved, until the piece of junk started falling apart at 23,000 miles. The ABS computer died at 400 miles, the cam seal started leaking at 23,700, which I discovered by the smell of burning oil coming into the cabin. The dealer gave me a total run around about completing the job-hopelessly backordered parts. Nissan corporate was useless. Gladly turned it in for my 08 Patriot. Very happy with the ride, and the features for the money. It gets better gas milage. Can't compare the 4 cylinder with the 6 for the Xterra as far as HP is concerned, but that isn't why I bought it. I don't off road much-just needed something that was good in the snow, and this works out great for me and my family. So far, I'm really happy with the Patriot. I like the lifetime powertrain warentee-makes me feel much more secure for the long haul. Has anyone seen body molding kits available for the Patriot? I'm getting paranoid about parking lots, worrying that someone is going to bash my doors.

I think it's ironic to compare this vehicle to the new Xterras-they really aren't made for the same purposes. I can tell you that if you want frustration and questionable build quality-by all means, check out the Xterra. It's a blast to drive, while it's still running. Good luck with the dealerships- They're really fun to deal with!!!
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2007, 07:16 PM   #54
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxbubba

i think it looks like an HHR on steroids!!!
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2007, 07:06 AM   #55
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timogilvie
The great debate?

This is my wifes jeep (i have an old 91XJ) and will not see trails, but I will tell you that it feels MORE capable in city driving then my big ol' 4L 5spd, and it is much cheaper to run.

The real question would be, why have a Compass AND the Patriot, as they serve the same client base.
when the wife and I went to get her a new jeep (and it HAD to be a 4x4 jeep, however we also wanted gas milage) we almost got the compass. the styling is OK and I figured she would be happier with it vs the patriot as we have a XJ for cargo hauling. but she didnt like how cramped the sloping windshield made it feel. it feels like it comes down right in your face. we both like the windshield of the patriot as it makes it feel very roomy in the front.

as for the looks of the patriot, I cant say either of us really liked it at first but we are practical people vs image people and the patriots looks actually grow on you.. we love the look now.

I can see carrying them both. sorta like a sedan and a wagon based on the same platform. if you need the room, get the patriot. want the style, get the compass.

back to the topic at hand though.. when will we patriot owners be able to get the parts to turn ours into that pictured one?
Unread 12-18-2007, 09:34 AM   #56
unclejjg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharBroiled

back to the topic at hand though.. when will we patriot owners be able to get the parts to turn ours into that pictured one?
A lift is already available. So are rock sliders.
unclejjg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.