Lifted Jeep Patriot.... sweet - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Lifted Jeep Patriot.... sweet

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJ

Unread 12-12-2006, 07:25 PM   #31
GPTH1NG
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I really like the Patriot so far. It's more like what I hoped the Liberty would be but the Lib ended up being too tall looking (like the Jeep Sahara). This is the first new jeep in awhile that I've wanted (other than the Wrangler Unlimited). I hope a 6-cyl option makes its way in though...

[color=orange]ORANGE[/color] Jeep Club Member #3
--------------------
04 Wrangler X
[/b][/size]
GPTH1NG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2006, 10:00 PM   #32
XJride231
2000 XJ Cherokee 

That the exact point everyones making.
Forget about the real off roaders,, cater to everyone who doesnt know anything about jeeps, and put them in a jeep.

Colorado JEEP club member #123
XJride231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2006, 08:31 AM   #33
GPTH1NG
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJride231
That the exact point everyones making.
Forget about the real off roaders,, cater to everyone who doesnt know anything about jeeps, and put them in a jeep.
Are you directing this towards anyone in particular? We may never see another new vehicle as capable as the Wrangler (and Cherokee) - recent designs like the (bleh) Commander and Compass certainly seem to show this, but at least we can appreciate a decent aesthetic design... And at least people are still buying Jeeps. Jeez...
[color=orange]ORANGE[/color] Jeep Club Member #3
--------------------
04 Wrangler X
[/b][/size]
GPTH1NG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2007, 12:20 PM   #34
Kozmotoo
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev M
Well, I'm not that savy with corporate structures, but as I see it, divisions need to be indivudually profitable. The more customers that each division attracts (and not from other divisions, but from other automakers) the better off the whole company. Kev
Perhaps driving these 'overlapping product' decisions *more* than market research are the dealers themselves. As an example, the Dodge dealers were furious that Chrysler had the 300, but they were given a station wagon to offer customers (Magnum). As quickly as possible, the Charger was released which made the dealers happy. Dodge will have the advantage when the Challenger hits the showroom floors - I wonder what Chrysler will ask for? Another example is the Chrysler Aspen (and the Cadillac Escalade). Dealers want pieces of every significant market segment. They see what people want, and are a very good market research resource.

Also, Jeep is perhaps the most recognized brand in the domestic automobile industry, and there is a cult-following. Hundreds of thousands of people (myself included) are admitted "Jeep Wannabes" that understand they won't likely do any real off-roading. Additionally, I absolutely require respectable gas mileage, so these new breeds of Jeeps are exactly what I've been looking for. I wanna be part of the gang!
Kozmotoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2007, 05:49 PM   #35
TopThrillJoe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

somewhere on tv i head they were Front wheel drive, is that true?
()_) ()_)=0=)_)
owner of a solid axle conversion kit
I spend most of my time here -->http://swmjeepers.com
TopThrillJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2007, 06:40 PM   #36
madrabbitt

fwd or awd.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2007, 06:44 PM   #37
ASUsax
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopThrillJoe
Or 4WD.

I've thought about one of these, but not as my '4x4'. I have a Nissan Sentra that I use as my DD, and I've thought about one of these as a DD replacement.

In that role, my requirements are:

1) Good Gas Milage, 25 MPG plus - CHECK
2) Decent cargo ability - 4 passengers plus luggage - CHECK
3) Good looks - CHECK

Additionally, something like a Patriot would allow me to use the DD in some other roles - it would make a nice camping vehicle, and I could drive it up north into inclement weather without difficulty. It isn't going to be a heavy tower, but I don't care, the Diesel KJ can handle that. It isn't going to be a hard-core off-roader, but that's OK, my TJ handles that, and the KJ isn't all that bad itself.

I think it's a great 2nd or 3rd Jeep in a 'Jeepin' family. It's pretty close to perfect for what I'm looking for, my only issue is that you can't get 'Freedom Drive II' with a Manual tranny. I think I've convinced myself that 'this Jeep' in my fleet doesn't need a Low Range (since I really don't expect to do 'heavy' wheeling in it), but it still bothers me a bit.

For the record, I've convinced myself that I don't need a low range because of the KJ. I don't think it's ever been in 4Low. The TJ is all the time, but I just don't take the KJ that far off road, and while I can see that changing (I want my Wife to wheel it), I can't see it changing TWICE, and both the KJ and the TJ are vehicles we intend to retain for a very long time.
Blue Jeep Club Member #197
'02 TJ - 33" BFG MT's's, some armor, yadda yadda. 2" BDS lift/1"BL
'94 ZJ - May it rest in pieces.
ASUsax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2007, 01:54 PM   #38
pdxbubba
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopThrillJoe
From the looks of it... The Jeep Patriot, when equipt with the Freedom Drive II, is FWD, RWD, AWD, and 4WD!

Check out how they explain this on the Jeep Site.

Click the link and select 'See How Jeep 4x4 Systems Work' under the 'GET READY' tab on the left. When that loads, select 'CLICK TO EXPLORE' for the Freedom-Drive II in the lower right. (sorry I can't link directly to it)
Unread 01-24-2007, 01:56 PM   #39
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxbubba
From the looks of it... The Jeep Patriot, when equipt with the Freedom Drive II, is FWD, RWD, AWD, and 4WD!

Looking at both, the FD1 and FD2 work basically the same exact way. It seems the only difference is that the FD2 has the ability to go into a lower gear ratio for crawling or climbing.
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2007, 12:32 PM   #40
bridgman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry All-Bran
Hm. Where's the JeepXterra decal?
here ya go

sorry its not the exact font, i had to do it fast, im at work
i might lift it higher, and change the color too, later
bridgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2007, 12:38 PM   #41
urban-yan
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgman
here ya go

sorry its not the exact font, i had to do it fast, im at work
i might lift it higher, and change the color too, later
bronze rubicon rims on a copper patriot = HOTT!!!!
urban-yan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2007, 12:43 PM   #42
bridgman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban-yan
bronze rubicon rims on a copper patriot = HOTT!!!!
we'll see..........
bridgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2007, 09:41 PM   #43
jayunit1689

that doesnt look that bad I kind of like it.
jayunit1689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2007, 09:36 PM   #44
JeepTransformer
2001 XJ Cherokee 

where is it?

brraaap
JeepTransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2007, 12:50 AM   #45
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

Bridgman...

You may want to invert the "o" and the "i" on the roof rack...
!!!!!!!FOR SALE!!!!!!!! '02 WJ Graphite Limited 4.7 with all options; IRO 5.5" coils; JKS U/L CAs; RK Adj. TB; MX-6; JKS Discos; JKS BPEs; Hard-KOR SS; KOR Endlinks; Rear Addco; IRO A-arm spacer; BS Ext.; Ext. SRs; 255/75-R17 BFG M/Ts; 17" Chrome Torque Wheels; SpiderTrax; Westin Safari Bar; KC 600 Series HiLites; Rock Rails; Smittybilt TL Guards; Smittybilt Blk Hitch Shackle w/Lock; H.O. Intake/Spectre Cone Filter. http://snipurl.com/7attr
WJ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.