Lifted Jeep Patriot.... sweet - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Lifted Jeep Patriot.... sweet

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 11-27-2006, 02:08 PM   #16
Jerry All-Bran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev M
You're preaching to the choir my friend, I was perfectly willing to buy a Compass to fill the uhhh, Logisitics roll.
Maybe I am, maybe i'm not. Just saying my piece for me, if not for anybody else. I'm not saying anything negative about the Compass, just stating its purpose. But that purpose doubles up for certain people.

Jerry All-Bran is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2006, 12:40 AM   #17
madrabbitt

someone needs to learn how to take pictures at a indoor show.

but that looks like a really nice truck.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2006, 06:41 AM   #18
xyz123
Super Senior Member

I like it; I just needs the CRD engine and to loose the xterra rack off the top.
xyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2006, 07:53 AM   #19
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogatyr
Maybe I am, maybe i'm not. Just saying my piece for me, if not for anybody else. I'm not saying anything negative about the Compass, just stating its purpose. But that purpose doubles up for certain people.

uhhhhhhhhhh thanks for clearing that up...

not
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2006, 08:30 PM   #20
exc911ence

Quote:
So what's the "real" deal anyway?

K

exc911ence is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2006, 08:48 PM   #21
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by exc911ence

No argument. And a fine deal it is.

But if you think the company can survive with only that one product...
Unread 11-29-2006, 11:52 AM   #22
exc911ence

Quote:
No argument. And a fine deal it is.

But if you think the company can survive with only that one product...
You bring up a point that's been bugging me a little actually. Jeep isn't a company within itself, it's a small branch of the mighty Daimler-Chrysler Corporation. I don't understand why every D-C brand needs to be everything to everyone since all the money goes into the same pockets at the end of the day. Why couldn't Dodge just produce trucks, Chrysler just cars and let Jeep be the ultimate in 4x4 engineering?

It's the same within every large carmaker. Why does GM need both Chevy and GMC (and Cadillac) producing identical trucks? Why couldn't Chevy just make low-end cars, Cadillac high-end cars and leave trucks to GMC ? There's so much overlap within these carmakers that, IMHO, it just confuses the average car-buyer.

Of course, I'm no Marketing guru...
exc911ence is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2006, 12:07 PM   #23
Kev M
2012 WK 

Well, I'm not that savy with corporate structures, but as I see it, divisions need to be indivudually profitable. The more customers that each division attracts (and not from other divisions, but from other automakers) the better off the whole company.

That and I believe that the Chrysler portion of the DC conglomerate hasn't really been holding up their end of the deal. They've been struggling.

I agree that it doesn't make sense to overly badge engineer and sell the same product in 5-6 different flavors ala GM.

But two flavors can make sense.

I love the Libby, hate the Nitro. I like both the Compass and the Caliber, but there aren't many other Chrysler/Dodge products I'd touch.

There really isn't muich I'd buy from GM anymore, but MOST Pontiac's have that UGLY corporate front end, so I'd look at a Chevy or Saturn variant before I'd consider the Pontiac.

Now multiple fickle people like me by the millions and you have why Jeep having varied products, some on platforms shared by other divisions, makes sense at the end of the day to get DC more customers.

Kev
Unread 12-05-2006, 05:37 AM   #24
urban-yan
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I always get a kick out of these attitudes.

The "real thing" like coke with COKE in it?

Maybe there is a reason they wouldn't bring back something, because uhhh, it wasn't all that and a bag of chips to begin with?

I thought my XJ was rugged, and it was a decent vehicle, but for the 90% of owners that aren't gonna be riding trails on a regular basis I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Patriot was a better all around vehicle for most owners.

Yeah, it may not have the towing or torque of the XJ.

Yeah, it may not be as easily adapted to extreme trails.

But I betcha it lasts as long, is as comfortable and more capable on-road, gets better gas mileage and is still trailable.

So what's the "real" deal anyway?

K
coke? chips?
maybe the reason you're so angry is because you're hungry.
chip and pop time lol

urban-yan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2006, 09:05 AM   #25
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban-yan
coke? chips?
maybe the reason you're so angry is because you're hungry.
chip and pop time lol

no anger whatsoever... occassional frustration with small minds, but no anger.

I'm still excited by these new products and looking to see how they fare.

Guess I'm just an optimist!

K

PS, I think you're right about the hungry part though...
Unread 12-06-2006, 08:35 PM   #26
Cerealdaemon
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

You know what?

I actually like the Patriot, if and when I am able to get a new car, depending on when that is, I'll be seriously considering a Patriot.

For now though, my XJ is where its at.
Unread 12-06-2006, 08:56 PM   #27
madrabbitt

yeah, if i were to buy a new car.

or even a used car in a year or so (more likely, i dont do new)

i'd get a patriot

or a newer cherokee. lol

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2006, 09:52 PM   #28
urban-yan
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

well. I like the patriot,

If it can handle northern Ontario snow (when I'm too lazy to shovel the driveway), and gravel roads for fishing trips than I'm game. That's pretty much the only extreme stuff I do with my XJ.

I have to say, however, I can't get past the styling on the compass.

Unread 12-06-2006, 11:25 PM   #29
pdxbubba
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban-yan
well. I like the patriot,

If it can handle northern Ontario snow (when I'm too lazy to shovel the driveway), and gravel roads for fishing trips than I'm game. That's pretty much the only extreme stuff I do with my XJ.

I have to say, however, I can't get past the styling on the compass.

I think that the Freedom Drive II package should do that with ease. Maybe even the Freedom Drive I package... it depends in the depth of the snow.
Unread 12-07-2006, 02:15 AM   #30
urban-yan
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxbubba
I think that the Freedom Drive II package should do that with ease. Maybe even the Freedom Drive I package... it depends in the depth of the snow.
the depth of the snow is largely correlated to the depth of my laziness that day.
Today it was 8". If Jeep considered lazy bastards like me when they designed the Patriot, than it should be a solid ride haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.