Lift kit for patriot? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Lift kit for patriot?

Bilstein Blowout Sale - 4 5100 Series Shocks $309.99 shippSALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 09-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #16
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

A spacer lift will never be as good, ride as good , handle as well nor last as long as a full spring lift. Spacer lifts due to their nature will also wear out springs faster.
As far as RRO helpful as long as you want to buy , if you have a problem then good luck. I've been watching their antics for years now and its been fun to say the least in how they market themselves

Unread 09-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #17
KLRJEEPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
A spacer lift will never be as good, ride as good , handle as well nor last as long as a full spring lift. Spacer lifts due to their nature will also wear out springs faster.
As far as RRO helpful as long as you want to buy , if you have a problem then good luck. I've been watching their antics for years now and its been fun to say the least in how they market themselves
you are mis informed on the patriot RRO lift. it bolts on top of the full strut, not in between the spring and strut, no change in ride or longevity of the spring. works great for the riots. better than murch's springs as they only net 1" of lift on a FDII
KLRJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #18
joeago4
2011 MK Patriot 

But like I asked before im also looking to gain the best articulation we can get, which is leading me to go for STU coils
joeago4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #19
KLRJEEPER

You dont get any extra artiulation from stu's coils.
Unread 09-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #20
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyLYrm-PJes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv5GtRRkfw4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HnxE1d_8cc
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 11:06 PM   #21
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRJEEPER View Post
you are mis informed on the patriot RRO lift. it bolts on top of the full strut, not in between the spring and strut, no change in ride or longevity of the spring. works great for the riots. better than murch's springs as they only net 1" of lift on a FDII
Wrong again not misinformed at all Its still a spacer style lift and will cause undue stress on the springs and shocks
Been doing this over 40 years and lifted everything out there
Also suspension and alignment tech for several years
Unread 09-26-2013, 11:07 PM   #22
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeago4 View Post
But like I asked before im also looking to gain the best articulation we can get, which is leading me to go for STU coils
Much better ride and handling overall with Stus which in turn will be better off road as well
Unread 09-27-2013, 05:38 AM   #23
KLRJEEPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
Wrong again not misinformed at all Its still a spacer style lift and will cause undue stress on the springs and shocks
Been doing this over 40 years and lifted everything out there
Also suspension and alignment tech for several years

OK>.....whatever, you do not put the spacer between the top of the strut and spring....I dont care how long you have been doing it, I have been doing it for 20 out of my 37 years as well since I had a vehicle. there is no UNDUE stress on any suspension component when bolting a spacer ON TOP of a factory strut.

I have been modding and building everything from imports to muscle cars to off road rigs to motorcycles to snowmobiles. I know my way around the stuff too. I can tell you there is no down side to the RRO lift. none. acutally its better than the stus coils as you get more lift, plus you get extra suspension components to compensate for the extra lift so everything aligns correctly, unlike the stu's which is just springs. and then your on your own...
Unread 09-27-2013, 05:55 AM   #24
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

I had a 2010 Patriot and I used the RRO lift which was installed by the dealer. The lift gave just over 2'' and it looked great! The only issue was the vibrations on take off.. It was severe at first where the whole vehicle shuddered when you started to accelerate. After a while it tapered off and wasn't as noticeable.

Going back I probably would have gone with Stu's but I didn't because they were more expensive and I had a dealer agree to install the RRO lift. For 2010 and earlier its about the same amount of lift. But with the coils you don't have to worry about your cv joints being at an odd angle.

I like RRO and Glenn Wakefield is a nice guy. I have their roof rails on my current Liberty and would buy from them again but not their lift.
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 06:00 AM   #25
KLRJEEPER

My 2010 never had any issues. also, the stu's would give the same vibration if you are running a NON FDII package. they lift FD1 the same height, the FDII gets an extra inch with RRO. My FDII was good to go with the RRO!
Unread 09-27-2013, 06:10 AM   #26
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKWJEEPER View Post
I had a 2010 Patriot and I used the RRO lift which was installed by the dealer. The lift gave just over 2'' and it looked great! The only issue was the vibrations on take off.. It was severe at first where the whole vehicle shuddered when you started to accelerate. After a while it tapered off and wasn't as noticeable.

Going back I probably would have gone with Stu's but I didn't because they were more expensive and I had a dealer agree to install the RRO lift. For 2010 and earlier its about the same amount of lift. But with the coils you don't have to worry about your cv joints being at an odd angle.

I like RRO and Glenn Wakefield is a nice guy. I have their roof rails on my current Liberty and would buy from them again but not their lift.
First time on any forum I have ever heard that. And thats after over 10 years of being on these and listening to what everyone says about them.
Good luck
Someday hopefully you all will get to ride in a well setup suspension system
Unread 09-27-2013, 06:22 AM   #27
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Like I've said before, RRO can't survive on only one time buyers. If they made such crappy products then why are they in business still? Patriot owners should be glad that RRO even makes a product for them whether you think it's junk or not.

I never actually paid for the roof rails I got from RRO. I contacted Glenn and traded him my old first gen iPad for the set of bars. It was worth roughly $100.00.. He sent me the bars and paid for shipping in return which would've cost $220 if I had paid for them. So yeah, I think Glenn's a nice guy and glad we worked out a trade.
Unread 09-27-2013, 06:28 AM   #28
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Lots of first time buyers and not returning money for bad products
I know 3 people who have been owed money ( not large amounts like 50-75 bucks since 2003-2004) But thats all fine
You continue to deal with him, just a matter of time
Sorry for trying to point you in a good direction for a better performing ride
Unread 09-27-2013, 06:43 AM   #29
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

I agree with you Tom I wouldn't do a spacer lift again.
Unread 09-30-2013, 06:57 AM   #30
KLRJEEPER

of course a real system is better, but at this time, there is only springs, and they do not give any extra benifits to the patriot compared to RRO, they actually give stuff away from the RRO kit. no suspension adjustment to align. No new shocks, valved to the springs, no extra articulation nothing. The only benifit you get from stu's springs is with the heavy duty spring and the extra capacity you get, but you give up ride quality.

It would be nice to have a full engineered suspension system but the RRO is the closest thing to it...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.