Lifetime powertrain warranty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Lifetime powertrain warranty

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 10-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
Elihawk
2008 MK Compass 

Lifetime powertrain warranty

I am about due for my 5 year "inspection" for my lifetime powertrain warranty. When I contacted my local jeep dealer, the service rep made a pretty big deal about me not getting new plugs at 30,000 miles (no need, they meet all specs today and I am just over 50,000). Could this void the warranty? Thanks

Elihawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Yes it could void the engine part if they so choose.You must follow the maintenace,and do it on time, and have proof to retain it.
Unread 10-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #3
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

magnusson-moss warranty act states that the warranty provider must provide proof that a certain part was direct cause of whatever event necessitates repair. soooo as long as you're replacing your sparkplugs with OEM replacements - there is no way that they can legally void your warranty, unless you signed a contract that states otherwise.

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
magnusson-moss warranty act states that the warranty provider must provide proof that a certain part was direct cause of whatever event necessitates repair. soooo as long as you're replacing your sparkplugs with OEM replacements - there is no way that they can legally void your warranty, unless you signed a contract that states otherwise.
That's the thing he is not replacing them at the correct interval and in plain writing he must to retain the warranty.Kinda how it works as now they word the warranty so the customer must prove they still have a warranty and not the otherway around.
Unread 10-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
jacko15
2014 WK 

Just thought I'd mention that the air filter needs to be replaced at 30,000 miles too. I'm getting our Compass's state inspection done soon at the dealer, and having them change the plugs and filter as we have 27,000 miles on it. I know it's a lot cheaper and easier to do myself, but for a lifetime drive train warranty, I'll absorb the extra expense to have that work on their records. We plan on keeping the Compass a loooooong time!
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.