Lifetime Powertrain & Buying Extended Warranties - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Lifetime Powertrain & Buying Extended Warranties

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 08-21-2007, 08:00 AM   #31
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

From Chrysler this morning:

Quote:
The Team from ChryslerWarrantys.com
Bob, your Chrysler Warranty application has been processed.

Right this moment, your coverage is accessible to every Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep dealer in the country. We are mailing proof of purchase to you. You should receive it in the next few days. This is just for your records. There is nothing further for you to do.

DaimlerChrysler will be mailing a warranty kit to you within the next couple of weeks.

Thank you very much for your business and don't forget to tell your friends about us.

If you ever need us, send us an email at support@chryslerwarrantys.com or give us a call at 1-888-918-9840.

The Team from ChryslerWarrantys.com

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2007, 06:12 PM   #32
hunter44102

Thanks for posting the deal and promotion code.

I purchased the same thing, the $750 deal. I want to make sure I get in before they change terms or price, and this was much easier to do than scheduling an appointment with the dealer.

I am also waiting for the approval so we'll see what happens.
hunter44102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2007, 06:56 PM   #33
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

This was only announced on 7/26 so we had less than a month to find the right place to get it and decide. I didn't find the dealers very helpful at all but the site was great. I had several emails going with a REAL person, same one every time. I even got her name and number if there was any problems. For someone who tends to stay away from buying extended warranties I feel that I got a sweet deal!

Thanks nettolt for the posting the original link!!

I would have gone for the Added Care Plus if I hadn't just paved my driveway, so I also bought the "time" to think about it and maybe do that too.

Unread 08-26-2007, 01:27 PM   #34
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I received my receipt with the contract number yesterday. It's billed through Topar Dodge, Chicopee, MA and there was no sales tax added on. Enclosed was a little note from the same lady from my emails telling me that the paper work from Chrysler should arrive within 30 days.

I just went back to the site and it still has a banner with the $750 price. Maybe it was extended!

Too bad it doesn't cover the Firestone Firehawk GTA-03 tires, but that's a different story for another thread.

Unread 09-17-2007, 01:35 PM   #35
safaribabe

Lifetime Powertrain & Buying Extended Warranties

When we bought our Jeep, we didn't buy any of the warranties but we still have time to add them. Are folks adding warranties beyond having the lifetime powertrain warranty? Any concerns that this is such a new car...? Seems Jeep offers about 4 other warranty packages on different things...
safaribabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 02:33 PM   #36
zxjockey
2007 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by safaribabe
When we bought our Jeep, we didn't buy any of the warranties but we still have time to add them. Are folks adding warranties beyond having the lifetime powertrain warranty? Any concerns that this is such a new car...? Seems Jeep offers about 4 other warranty packages on different things...
I took the added warranty that gets me to 100k, and I'm getting the Lifetime next week. I'm typically at 160-180k at trade-in time, so I want the extra cushion.
zxjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 06:01 PM   #37
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I've added on the Lifetime Powertrain warranty to mine and I'm thinking seriously about getting the "Added Care" package before I hit the 36/36K.

It really depends on how long you plan on keeping it. Most vehicles will go 5/6 years and 60/80K miles before problems start to show up. If it's just going to be a trade-in in a couple of years it's probably not worth it. If you plan on keeping it 100-150K + it could save you in the long run. Mine will more than likely be "until death do us part".

I bought mine online here: http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/ Really up front on pricing, maybe better than some dealers and there are real people on the other end of the phone/email address.

Unread 09-18-2007, 10:39 AM   #38
safaribabe

re:warranty

We will probably keep it till the very bitter end unless they come out with a diesel in the next 3-4 years or so. At which point, we might trade in for a diesel.

So it sounds like you don't have to get the warranties right from the Jeep dealer.
Unread 09-18-2007, 11:30 AM   #39
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

That link is Topar Dodge. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...3&postcount=34

Unread 09-20-2007, 12:51 PM   #40
blockisle9

07 Compass Extended Warranty

It has a 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty and a life time power train warranty.
The Dealer is trying to sell us a 7 year bumper to bumper extended warranty for $1000.00. He also said if we bought it before the end of Sept., he would give us 7 free oil changes (one every 3k miles or 3 months) The extended warranty has a $100.00 per visit co-pay. This warrenty is through Chrysler.
Are these things worth while? She did keep her other new car (95 Jeep Cherekee) for 13 years. How ever she is 69 years old now.
blockisle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 03:03 PM   #41
safaribabe

Lifetime

Does anyone know where the details are for the Lifetime Powertrain warranty that comes with the 2007 if you buy them now? Is there a link on Jeep's website?

I am wondering what the difference is between that warranty and the two powertrain warranties offered here http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/compare_plans.cfm

How is the Lifetime Powertrain different than the Powertrain Care and the Powertrain Care Plus?
Unread 09-20-2007, 05:44 PM   #42
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

If you go ahead and fill out the info for "Instant Quotes" you'll get the comparison pages and more. You don't have to give them your email address and name but they usually offer discout codes if you do. There is no obligation to buy, just check it out.

The Lifetime Powertrain warrenty that comes on the 2007's is not transferrable but the extended ones are. Here is a quick overview.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=24

Lifetime Powertrain Warranty covers Engine, Transmission and Driveline and a one time transfer.
http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/powertrain_care.cfm

Powertrain Care Plus covers Engine, Transmission, Driveline, Steering, A/C and is transferable one time:
http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/pow..._care_plus.cfm

Added care covers Engine, Transmission, Driveline, Steering, A/C, Engine Cooling and Fuel, Front Suspension, Rear Suspension, Electrical, Expanded Electrical, Instrumentation, Brakes, Anti-Lock Brakes, Power Group, Luxury Group and is transferable one time:
http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/added_care.cfm

Maximum care is “Bumper to Bumper” not very much is left out, and is transferable one time:
http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/maximum_care.cfm

Unread 09-20-2007, 06:10 PM   #43
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

You don't have to be pressured into buying an extended warranty right away. You can add it on any time up to the 3/36K.

I am one of those that does NOT believe in buying extended warranties but I did and will up mine to the Added Care/Lifetime/no deductible before the 3/36 comes up. When I priced it before it was an extra $1200 or so on top of the 3/36 Lifetime that I had to pay extra to get. The $100 deductible was only about $200 less. That's only 2 visits and that cost is covered. Any one of these will cover the cost of the policy: A/C work, Anti Lock Brakes, some electrical; A combination of just a few of the others would cover the cost too. Also I will buy it online again from theses same people that we've listed. It's a Dodge dealership and there are real people on the other end, not corporate call takers.

To blockisle9,
My mother-in-law just renewed her drivers license, she's 87 years old. She only drives on the back roads, no "big" cities. Not good places to be stranded so we have to make sure that her car is road worthy. I thing that it's a good investment. The mother-in-law loves mine btw.

Unread 09-20-2007, 08:01 PM   #44
safaribabe

warranty

Gramps, is what you bought in the lifetime warranty the same one that comes with mine? It sounds like I could add the Plus and it would cover a/c. But I could just go a bit further and add the Added Care and get all that is covered in the Powertrain Plus plus more... Although I was actually looking at the Maxi care.. bumper to bumper. Assuming we keep this car for a good 15 years. But if some awesome hybrids come along, we'd want to trade/sell and get one of those.

Have you ever heard of Touch of Class? It's a warranty for the interior and pain that my dealership (assume all) offers. He said that they also provide a car detailing for once a year for the time of the warranty, 7 years. Since most detailing alone costs around $150-200 or more, seems you would get your money worth for that alone. But it covers the seats/leather, dash, paint such as fading or damage from pine sap. It costs $695. I am seriously considering it with a 5 month old baby but wondering if it's really worth it and the quality of their detailing.
Unread 09-21-2007, 04:21 AM   #45
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Yes, what I added on is what just comes standard on all of the new ones. The Plus was limited to a 7 year plan and the Added Care was available as a Lifetime plan and added in a lot more. Brake systems and electronics are very pricey to have fixed if they fail. For me, the Max care added a lot of "fluff" that I either have covered by insurance or is provided by my dealer any way, so for me it wasn't cost affective, rather spendy I thought. I also do quite a bit of my own work and plan on doing some modifications that wouldn't be covered under the maxi care.

Prices and the quality for detailing vary. My dealer runs a special for $95 and there are many shops that charge about $100 around here. It's a pretty competitive field and makes for a nice birthday or Christmas present that some one can give you. Something else for you to consider since you may be doing more off-road than most is the brush scratches on the paint and any "trail damage". Would that be covered or not? Since nothing is cheap in California you may be better off to get the Detailing package. It looks like a good deal but you have to pay that all up front.

At the risk of sounding cynical, I've been waiting for an "awesome hybrid" in the form of cost affective hydrogen power since 1970. Good thing I didn't hold my breath.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.