Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Less than a month old and in the body shop

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Kappy 
#1 ·
I should have posted this before asking any question about my Compass....
It's in the body shop already. I took it today. It had 230 miles on it sitting in the driveway and got hammered by hail larger than a golf ball from a storm we had go through. I haven't cried in a long time but almost did that day.

#2 ·
Ouch! i feel your pain. Second day i had my patriot some idiot in the school parkinglot hit me and dented both doors at the seam, Still need to get it fixed tho! :crying:

#3 ·
Not a happy camper right now. When the insurance guy looked at it and wrote me a check right there he told me it would only take a couple/few hours to do it. Maybe on an average day but I realize they(body shops) are hammered right now because of the big storm so I figured I would give them a few days anyways. When I dropped it off at the body shop they told me about three days....ok, I can deal with that. I dropped the Compass off Tuesday morning and figured I would stop by today to at least check on it. I seen it was sitting outside in a different spot than before and it looked like the work was done and the dents are gone. I went inside and they told me not until Monday because they were working on it. I asked them at the front desk if that's the way they do it(do a bit at a time) because I see it's outside. They automaticly blamed it on the workers in the shop. So, instead of getting into it with anyone there I just told them Monday is fine.
Now, I'm not complaining that it is taking this long I'm just upset that the right hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing. I worked in the auto field for years and I know how things work......

#4 ·
That sucks. I had my first, and only other, new car less than a week when I took it in to have some mags wheels put on because the factory ones were back ordered. Someone at the shop left a service jack close to it, the handle swung down and put a big long gouge out of the paint. I damn near cried. They fixed it but the metallic gold never quite matched. BTW it was a '74 Duster 360 with 2 pages of options for less than $4000.

#6 ·
Sorry to hear about your hail damage. I already have 3 blemishes in 3 months. I smacked the door jamb with my watch, took 2 chips out. I got bumped by a blonde in a cavalier while LEAVING a light that had turned green, and I was not the first car in the line, it just left a mark and with a $500 deductable, not worth it. And Saturday morning I noticed someone banged something (car door or shopping cart??) into the rear passanger door and left a scrape.

At this rate of one incident a month, it will be trashed in 5 years.

#7 ·
Yeah same thing happened to my Liberty,6 months old and $5500 hail damage.I worked at a bodyshop but had to wait to fix it as "customers" vehciles got fixed 1st before employee's.I took 6 days to fix mine,and I'm talking the whole 6 days also as it was the only vehicle I worked on from 6am to 6pm from monday to saturday.Granted I did a color change so that takes alot more time to do,went from black to orange.

#8 ·
at least they got you in for the repairs...my friend with a patriot had to wait an entire year before they had the bumper in stock at the dealership after she was hit by our boss in the parking lot. i've never heard of a company taking that long to ship a part out, i love jeeps, but the customer service seems to get worse every year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.