leftover 2008 or 2009 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > leftover 2008 or 2009

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-07-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
1986pacecar

leftover 2008 or 2009

I'm trying to get my wife a new car and she really likes the Patriot and one of the dealers has a leftover 2008 for around $17k which is a couple thousand less than comparable '09 models in stock. My question is were there any significant improvements in model year 2009 over 2008? Was the "roof leak" problem I've been reading about fixed? Any help would be appreciated. We plan on looking at it tonight. Thanks from a noob

1986pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
DM6156
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have an 09 and have had 1 leak thus far in about 5000 miles of ownership. The dealer told me it was due to drain tube for sunroof not being aligned properly (I was told that only 1 of them was working properly). I made a right hand turn and water poured on my navigation unit and leg from the front dome light. Since the dealer fixed it at around 2200 miles, I have not had any issues.

That is the only issue with mine I have had.

There are interior differences between previous models and the 09. I'm just going by what I saw in 08 booklet vs my own 09
The storage slot under the stereo is gone.

The flip out console top is gone - I think he was designed to hold an IPod while plugged into the stereo. It has been replaced by a sliding console top (moves forward to rest arm on).

Overall, It's a great entry level SUV. Do not expect speed or tons of aftermarket support, especially for performance and 4x4 accessories (brush guard, light guards, bumpers, lifts, etc).

- Dan M
Unread 04-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The Patriot Likes and Dislikes has some coverage on the leaking problem. Kind of sounds like a hit or miss thing. Seriously, drive it threw a car wash, it may give you some peace of mind.

I looked at an '09 Patriot this last weekend. There are some nice cosmetic changes. The cup holders are higher and moved to the front towards the AC/Heater controls, the 4WD Lock was moved to the rear of the drivers side, the air vents are round with some chrome trim but what I didn't see was the 110Volt outlet. There were no major mechanical changes and maybe a few more cosmetics that I missed.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 05:50 PM   #4
DM6156
2008 JK Wrangler 

The 4x4 lock is on the center console behind the cup holders. It's a T-handle thing. pull up to engage, pull up again to disengage.

The 110V outlet is on the center console as well. It's on the front of the console storage behind the cup holders (under the overhanging arm rest). It is tucked away and hard to find unless you are looking for it or read about it in the owners manual. There is a little door that covers it.

- Dan M
Unread 04-07-2009, 06:33 PM   #5
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The one I was looking at didn't have the 110V. I wonder if it was the "D" package? Sounds like they haven't moved the 110V outlet at all and that was the first place that I looked.

The 4x4 lock on '07/8 was on the right front of the console. Better arrangement on the '09 IMHO.

Unread 04-08-2009, 05:58 AM   #6
DM6156
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have the limited and I'm not sure what package on the sport model will include the 110v outlet.

here is a picture I "borrowed" from Jeep.com showing the 4x4 lock and the 110v outlet (both in red)

seems that the [ IMG ] and [ /IMG ] is not working again

- Dan M
Unread 04-08-2009, 07:37 AM   #7
1986pacecar

Well, we bought the 09 The leftover 08 was pretty stripped down so we decided to go with the better equipped 09 at just a few more $$. Can't wait to get it home and start driving. Thanks for the help
1986pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #8
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM6156 View Post
I have the limited and I'm not sure what package on the sport model will include the 110v outlet.

here is a picture I "borrowed" from Jeep.com showing the 4x4 lock and the 110v outlet (both in red)

seems that the [ IMG ] and [ /IMG ] is not working again

- Dan M
Dan, you need 25 posts before the pictures will show for you. A "Quote" by a member will also let them show.

I went into Jeep and did a "Build your own" and the "D" package doesn't have the 110V outlet so that must have been what I was looking at. Before I get corrected here it's actually called a 115V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
Well, we bought the 09 The leftover 08 was pretty stripped down so we decided to go with the better equipped 09 at just a few more $$. Can't wait to get it home and start driving. Thanks for the help
Congrats on you purchase! Enjoy and Welcome!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.