Latest dealer visit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Latest dealer visit

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-05-2008, 07:25 PM   #1
snood
2007 MK Compass 

Latest dealer visit

So I had an appt at the dealer today for some work that included:

*Traction control turning on when pulling out of a parking lot, decrease in power, then a jump

*It would catch between gears when shifting, for example when shifting to 5th it would get on the thing that separates it from 3rd

*starter not working all the time, turns over a good dozen times before starting

*blow subwoofer

dealer would not give me a loaner so enterprise picked me up using my service contract, at first the dealer would not pay enterprise so I called the warranty center who talked to the dealer

after being at the shop I get a phone call saying they can not duplicate any of the issues, I even gave them a TSB about the tranny clashing gears which they said they could not find in their system (tards). they also would not replace the starter as it works fine for them.

They did however order a new sub but broke the plastic clips that hold the inside fender to the body along with scratch/rub marks. I called and they go, "the tech did say something about that" and have to check about replacing it. I noticed this after seeing their "awesome" job of screwing the little tie down strap holders in the back. Lose screws.

There was also a scratch on my shifter that I noticed right after picking it up which they have to check with the manager before ordering a new one.

My question to you all is WTF? Why are all the service centers so incompetent Don't get me wrong, I love my jeep but if they don't get some service centers that don't have there heads in the wrong places I don't think I'll buy another Chrysler product. I even stopped at the Subaru dealer today to take a look around.

Unread 05-05-2008, 09:08 PM   #2
crod

you know what . honestly to a point, it doesnt matter what you get own ect. if it isnt theirs. they dont care what happens to it. really from my experience about the only vehicles that dont seem to have probs. with abuse from techs ect. are bmw, audi, mercedes ect...thats just from the reputation i have heard, no first hand
crod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2008, 05:28 AM   #3
festerw
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Report the problems to Chrysler and find a new dealer.
Unread 05-06-2008, 08:39 AM   #4
JLink
2007 MK Patriot 

Quote:
*Traction control turning on when pulling out of a parking lot
I am very interested in this one problem. I assume you mean the TCS/ABS malfunction alarm and both lights are coming on because this is exactly what mine recently started doing as well. Is your lifted? How much air pressure do you have in your tires? What size tires? At what speeds? What direction are you turning when it goes off (mine goes off more often turning left than right)? Have you had any TSB's fixed on your Jeep do you know if its been flashed? Is there any shaking in the steering wheel at all? How many miles do you have on yours?
a Scan Gauge II and a Garmin GPSMap 60CSX
[url=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2653175]CarDomain[/url]
JLink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2008, 06:31 PM   #5
snood
2007 MK Compass 

11k miles
the TCS light comes on when I am accelerating out of a driveway, road, parking lot, etc and have to turn right or left. The power then dies and then jumps back. This happens on dirty or clean roads. They claim there are no flashes needed. My tire pressure is right up to what the max tire pressure is, 40 I believe. I'll have to double check on the tire size, they are just the stock rallye ones. Not lifted or lowered either.
Unread 05-06-2008, 11:32 PM   #6
JLink
2007 MK Patriot 

mine doesn't seem to have any power fluctuation issues but my TCS/ABS and the jeep with the skid marks lights come on from time to time but like you said mainly when accelerating and turning like at corners or in parking lots.

I have a five speed too so that could be the differences with the power fluctuation... yours is probably changing gears rapidly to adjust for the perceived traction loss.
Unread 05-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #7
snood
2007 MK Compass 

mine is also a 5 spd, the power loss has to do with the "jeep skidding" light coming on an it trying to gain traction again. I think they need to decrease the sensitivity of it. When I drive with ESP off, all is well.

Heres a question for all of you...Whats your opinion of the dealer telling you to not come back and find a different dealer, while refusing to fix what they did?
Unread 05-07-2008, 12:41 PM   #8
JLink
2007 MK Patriot 

If a dealer would have told me that two things would have happened immediately. First I would ask to talk to the Service Manager and the Sales Manger... possibly even the owner if available. I would inform them of what I was just told and that I would be passing that same request on to all of my friends and business associates. I would then ask them for the Jeep Chrysler Customer Service phone number and I would call them in their presence and report them to Chrysler. From personal experience I promise this technique takes care of customer service issues very quickly.
Unread 05-07-2008, 07:27 PM   #9
OnRoad
2008 MK Compass 

JLink has the right attitude. Don't put up with that kind of ......
Unread 05-07-2008, 08:26 PM   #10
snood
2007 MK Compass 

I talked to the service manager and the owner and got no wheres, they laughed and walked away. I called jeep customer care, they escalated the call and when they called back they said I documented your concern, thats all we can do. I made another appt at another nearby dealer for Friday, where I am going to see if they will contact the regional manager for me.
Unread 05-08-2008, 07:50 AM   #11
merlinTec

Hi
I can't find the gearbox TSB on my system as well but did cover a long crank / hard start / smoke at start issue and it's traced to some petrol fuel injectors have been known to weep so this could be your fault and need to be replaced. Have noticed any smoke?
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 05-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #12
snood
2007 MK Compass 

No smoke that I have noticed, however I have noticed that the exhaust is nice and black now when its suppose to be chrome tip. Maybe it could be from smoke?
Unread 05-08-2008, 02:53 PM   #13
merlinTec

Hi
Ok found it now under caliber 08 not patriot but it lists patriot in the TSB. Funny this TSB is not list if I look under patriot. I suggest you print this out and take it with you as if they look it up they also wouldn’t find it under the MK section. http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/Caliber/...er_2101108.pdf
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:13 AM   #14
snood
2007 MK Compass 

Already did...They didn't like the fact that I could print these off myself.

Well today (Friday) I had another appt at a different dealer. My service contract states that rental is provided the day of purchase of the contract. I was able to get a rental from the other dealer from enterprise, but now this dealer says no.

What is this world coming to?

Last edited by snood; 05-09-2008 at 11:37 AM..
snood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #15
JLink
2007 MK Patriot 

Service Contracts are ussually dealer specific... so it doesn't surprise me the second dealer doesn't want to give you something you didn't pay them for.

I would call Chrysler/Jeep and ask them where the closest Five-Star dealer is to you... The five star dealers get discounts from Chrysler/Jeep for superior customer service and sales. You will get alot better support from them as well!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.