Key fob programming - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Key fob programming

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-20-2006, 04:37 PM   #1
preese

Key fob programming

I'm beating head against the wall with this one.

On page 26 of the manual it talks about turning off the 'Sound Horn on Lock' feature. I don't have the EVIC feature so I'm doing it via the key fob.

The steps couldn't be easier:
1 Press the LOCK button for 4 to 10 sec
2. While the LOCK button is pressed (after 4 sec) press the PANIC button, release both buttons.

If it works, then when you hit the Lock button the doors will lock but the horn should NOT chirp.

I've not been able to get this to work, anyone else had issues with this?

Phil

preese is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2006, 12:43 AM   #2
karigador

Phil, my compass which arrives on wednesday (11/29) doesn't have the VIC either. I'll try to disable the horn on lock and let you know how it goes.

Craig
karigador is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2008, 05:29 PM   #3
mag9219

I have the same problem. A few sites on the Internet document the same procedure using lock and unlock button rather than the lock and panic button. That does not work either.
mag9219 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2008, 07:06 PM   #4
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

check this thread, this issue has come up before.. seems some need the dealer to do it? cant remember exactly.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/security-horn-415845/
Unread 07-25-2008, 11:00 AM   #5
PirateKatz

I really wish our key FOBS were more like those on Fords. Where you press the button once and the doors lock but the horn doesn't sound, press again and the horn goes off.

My "chirp" is excessively loud on my Compass. I wish there was a way to make it a bit quieter or to behave like a Ford.
PirateKatz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.