K&N AirCharger High-Flow Intake/Cold Air Intake - Merged - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > K&N AirCharger High-Flow Intake/Cold Air Intake - Merged

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #106
LiBMXr1390
1995 XJ Cherokee 

open air issue possibly

do you need to reset the computer after you install an open air intake?? my economy dropped after i installed it and i was wondering if this was the culprit... thanks

LiBMXr1390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2008, 03:43 AM   #107
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Yes. They do recommend disconnecting the battery during installation which does cause the computer to reset. Half an hour should do it.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 07:38 PM   #108
Cobydick

I've got the K&N Cold Air installed. I noticed a difference, but it wasn't until i installed a Magnaflow Cat Back system that it made a true difference.
Cobydick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #109
shmup-o
2009 MK Compass 

Anyone know if this will work for the 2.0L engine?

Edit:
Poked around this morning and they do make the 2.0L 57 series FIPK, but not the 63 series AirCharger.

Last edited by shmup-o; 08-04-2009 at 07:34 AM..
shmup-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2009, 05:06 AM   #110
goshawk99

Hi, I went throught all the pages on this topic and I may have missed it but ....
isn't the intent of CAI to get COLD air... this unit is still on the top of the motor and is still getting warm air into it's system...

so where is the benefit... on spending all this $$$ when it is not getting the orginal idea of cold air....

inquiring minds wants to know....

thanks
goshawk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 10:30 PM   #111
Patriotwanted

When installing an open airfilter, you should always run an cold air feed pipe to the filter. Best place is at the foglight, but, if you go through mud and water, you won't be driving that far. You could. Put a pipe in behind the wheel arches, should stay clean over there, but give enough cold air
Patriotwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #112
SHABANG
2010 MK Compass 

im about to order an intake for my 2010 jeep compass. i have decided on K&N. but after install, ive seen people put that original battery cover-? thing back on next to the new air filter. whats the deal with that? are you supposed to? is it ok if i dont?
SHABANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 06:44 AM   #113
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Since it's directing outside air to the old filter box that you are replacing it's only purpose would be to direct outside air to your engine compartment. It does get VERY hot in there but whether or not it helps to cool it down, I don't know.

Unread 09-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #114
SHABANG
2010 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
Since it's directing outside air to the old filter box that you are replacing it's only purpose would be to direct outside air to your engine compartment. It does get VERY hot in there but whether or not it helps to cool it down, I don't know.
well thanks! get back to me if you know if it does truly help to cool down or what. appreciate it!
SHABANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #115
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

It's purpose is air flow to the filter which you are removing. Any side benefit of cooling the engine compartment by it not being connected to the air filter box is your call. Mine is as delivered from the factory. At this point YOU are R&D.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.