K&N AirCharger High-Flow Intake/Cold Air Intake - Merged - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > K&N AirCharger High-Flow Intake/Cold Air Intake - Merged

50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com

Unread 05-02-2008, 05:22 PM   #91
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Thanks for the tip howdy246 and to the group. This is STILL on my my list of things to do, at least it's climbing up the list and not getting pushed down.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #92
howdy246
2008 MK Compass 

Thanks for the welcome. By the way I got mine at Autoanything.com I paid $187.00 for it. They don't don't charge for shipping but I did have to pay a brokerage fee to UPS and taxes because it got shipped to Canada. That added another $60.00 to it but still cheaper than the $330.00 I was quoted here!
howdy246 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2008, 07:32 PM   #93
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I just checked their current price and it's now $207 with $10 off for code ATTACK10. I sure wish that is "free trade" was REALLY working! But like you said "still cheaper than the $330.00".

Unread 05-03-2008, 02:11 PM   #94
howdy246
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel5blue View Post
Good pictures. I think you left out one clamp -across the metal cradle. I reminded pilzny of the same thing when I saw his pictures. Look at installation instruction sheet pictures #30 and 31. Probably not vitally important, but hey...
Cheers
I did the same thing. It is shown in the pictures but I don't think its really mentioned in the instructions as in " install clamp #xxx around saddle clamp".
They do say to use clamps to secure intake tube. Its one step thats easliy missed.
howdy246 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2008, 07:04 AM   #95
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

they also say to 'use supplied hardware' in a few spots but don't tell you what supplied hardware to use hehe - I had to pretty much guess when I was putting it together which parts to use where.

Oh and for the air sensor - a just put a lil saliva on my finger, rubbed it around the hole in the grommet and 'POP' in went the sensor quick as could be....no heating or any other fancy do-dads needed!

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2008, 10:56 AM   #96
acadian
2008 MK Patriot 

Any word yet if these fit the Patriot? I know JLink had ordered a kit and he has a Patriot. Never saw a post confirming from him if it did fit. Anyone else with a Patriot try that yet?
acadian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2008, 11:30 AM   #97
acadian
2008 MK Patriot 

I found a guy on cardomain who installed the K&N 63 series AirCharger for the Compass on his '08 Patriot. So it does indeed fit. The question I have now is... why is autoanything charging $268.13 for this system? I read in this post some were getting it for under $200 shipped. Am I not looking in the right spot?
Unread 05-19-2008, 06:16 PM   #98
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadian View Post
I found a guy on cardomain who installed the K&N 63 series AirCharger for the Compass on his '08 Patriot. So it does indeed fit. The question I have now is... why is autoanything charging $268.13 for this system? I read in this post some were getting it for under $200 shipped. Am I not looking in the right spot?
They run a sale from time to time. Keep checking them or try someplace else.

Unread 05-21-2008, 09:35 AM   #99
acadian
2008 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
They run a sale from time to time. Keep checking them or try someplace else.
Cool, thanks!
Unread 05-27-2008, 11:44 PM   #100
BSWIFT24

I have a 2004 liberty sport 4x4 and installed the K&N air intake system on it a few years ago. Definitely saw an increase in horsepower and throttle response. I'm waiting for it to be available for my 2008 Patriot I just got yesterday. It will be the first performance mod I will do. For any Liberty owners out there I highly recommend this mod.
BSWIFT24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2008, 02:41 PM   #101
acadian
2008 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSWIFT24 View Post
I have a 2004 liberty sport 4x4 and installed the K&N air intake system on it a few years ago. Definitely saw an increase in horsepower and throttle response. I'm waiting for it to be available for my 2008 Patriot I just got yesterday. It will be the first performance mod I will do. For any Liberty owners out there I highly recommend this mod.
Good to know! By the way, it looks like the one made for the Compass does indeed fit the Patriot.
Unread 06-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #102
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The reason K&N doesn't show it for the Patriot is because they haven't PERSONALLY installed one on it. Before THEY say it fits THEY have to install it themselves. They are that anal about it and I'm glad that they are. There are a number of Patriot owners who have installed these and they fit exactly the same way they do on the Compass.

Unread 07-31-2008, 11:11 AM   #103
the mad hatter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

K&N Air Filter in the MK

So anyone drop a K&N into the MK yet? If so, have you noticed any performance improvement? I was thinking of picking one up.

ps-Searched for this but didn't find anything.
the mad hatter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2008, 01:12 PM   #104
Zappy
2007 MK Compass 

I've put just the standard K&N drop in filter in at the same time that I did the plugs, the oil and bumped up the tire pressure. Doing all of those things made a difference of about 2-2.5mpg over my previous best on average. I'm more interested in mpg then horsepower at the moment, so I havent noticed any gains in power since I'm not really putting my Compass under much of a load at any time.
Zappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2008, 04:11 PM   #105
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/k-n-aircharger-high-flow-intake-cold-air-intake-merged-397452/
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.