K&N AirCharger High-Flow Intake/Cold Air Intake - Merged - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > K&N AirCharger High-Flow Intake/Cold Air Intake - Merged

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-20-2008, 01:28 PM   #76
JLink
2007 MK Patriot 

I ordered one of these K&N kits for my Patriot and it should be here in the next week. Its not a confirmed fit but I have a good feeling it will. I'll post pics and issues if there are any when I get it.

JLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 07:26 PM   #77
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

just ordered one for my Compass from autoeverything - price was the same as Modern Performance (they list it under the Caliber) but autoeverything offers free shipping!

can't wait to strap this on

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 09:02 PM   #78
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

I just put mine on yesterday. Ordered it from Autoeverything on Friday, only took them 2 business days to get it to me since they are in So. Cal and I am in NorCal. I am not sure if I like it or not ... it sounds really ricey to me. Maybe it is just loud inside the cab because it is right on the other side of the firewall???

We'll see how it works out. I do know that out of this last tank I got almost 25 (24.96) mpg and that was only having the CAI on for 1/2 the tank. This is up from the 24 (23.92) with just the stock 17" wheels and definitely up from the 22 mpg with the 20" bling'd wheels. If I creep up to 26mpg it can sound like a ricer all it wants

Of course if I can get to 26 mpg, then do the lift kit and bigger tires, it will kill it back down to about 22, but that is cool with me And I do plan to add about 8 to 20 more speakers as soon as I find a place for them (bwhahahhahhaaha)
'07 Compass Limited 4X4: K&N Air charger, Borla cat back exhaust, Rocky Road Lift kit, Firestone Destination A/T 245/65/17's, Red painted brake calipers, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Sirius, iPod interface, Polk Audio 6X9s (all 4 doors), Polk Audio Tweeters (dash), Polk Audio 6.5s (rear hatch), 2 Kicker CVR 10" Sub woofers in custom enclosure (hidden), Eclipse XA4000 4 channel & XA1000 1 channel amplifiers.

Peep my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3031696
rob_rector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 12:19 AM   #79
ngsdlite2
2007 MK Compass 

Hi,
Is the KN intake system street legal in California? I was going to order one until I saw the disclaimer that the KN is not street legal in California yet. Rob_rector, what do you think?
ngsdlite2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 07:51 AM   #80
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngsdlite2 View Post
Hi,
Is the KN intake system street legal in California? I was going to order one until I saw the disclaimer that the KN is not street legal in California yet. Rob_rector, what do you think?
I don't think it is. I would be worried if it were a Civic and sounded like it does, or if I kept the car long enough to worry about smog.
'07 Compass Limited 4X4: K&N Air charger, Borla cat back exhaust, Rocky Road Lift kit, Firestone Destination A/T 245/65/17's, Red painted brake calipers, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Sirius, iPod interface, Polk Audio 6X9s (all 4 doors), Polk Audio Tweeters (dash), Polk Audio 6.5s (rear hatch), 2 Kicker CVR 10" Sub woofers in custom enclosure (hidden), Eclipse XA4000 4 channel & XA1000 1 channel amplifiers.

Unread 04-06-2008, 05:20 PM   #81
cuemark8
2007 MK Compass 

K&N Cold air intake

This might take awhile. I got a few questions regarding the Mopar CAI and the K&N CAI, but first a warning to all!
I just purchased the K&N CAI for my Jeep Compass. WHAT A POS! I had in on two days now and it's coming back off! It is obnoxously loud. It think it's cheaply made. Where the airfilter fits onto the intake runner the plastic tube wall so thin on the one side that the slightest pressure from the metal bands to hold in on crush the tube wall. Another, the heat shield is not sealed well at all and is nothing more than an echo chamber. I sent K&N an email basically the telling them the same thing I'm telling everyone here. No reply yet! I'm hoping to prevent someone from making the same mistake I did. I thought about trying the Mopar CAI. Mopar only lists it for the Caliber though, which brings me to the next part of this post.
Does anybody know the differences between the K&N CAI and the Mopar CAI? Will the Mopar fit the Compass? I will say that the K&N was easy to install and K&N lists the parts for either vehicle. I would go with the Mopar intake if it works. The Mopar kit is a little more money, guess you get what you pay for!
cuemark8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2008, 07:29 PM   #82
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuemark8 View Post
This might take awhile. I got a few questions regarding the Mopar CAI and the K&N CAI, but first a warning to all!
I just purchased the K&N CAI for my Jeep Compass. WHAT A POS! I had in on two days now and it's coming back off! It is obnoxously loud. It think it's cheaply made. Where the airfilter fits onto the intake runner the plastic tube wall so thin on the one side that the slightest pressure from the metal bands to hold in on crush the tube wall. Another, the heat shield is not sealed well at all and is nothing more than an echo chamber. I sent K&N an email basically the telling them the same thing I'm telling everyone here. No reply yet! I'm hoping to prevent someone from making the same mistake I did. I thought about trying the Mopar CAI. Mopar only lists it for the Caliber though, which brings me to the next part of this post.
Does anybody know the differences between the K&N CAI and the Mopar CAI? Will the Mopar fit the Compass? I will say that the K&N was easy to install and K&N lists the parts for either vehicle. I would go with the Mopar intake if it works. The Mopar kit is a little more money, guess you get what you pay for!
I am not sure if I would call it a POS. It is pretty loud, but it is sucking in a lot of air, which is what it is designed to do. I would be interested to see if the Mopar one sounds the same. Anyone have the Mopar CAI installed and can comment??

I wonder if you could not use the basket around it, or would that make the air too hot going into the intake? I wonder if that would make it not as loud? Mine is on and the MPG has gone up slightly, so it is gonna stay for now. I am interested to see what K&N replies ... keep us posted.

Unread 04-06-2008, 07:56 PM   #83
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have heard "RUMOURS" that the mopar CAI is made by K&N for mopar. Like I said, I have never actually read/seen anything that states that it is just heard it.
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2008, 08:02 PM   #84
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07compasssport View Post
I have heard "RUMOURS" that the mopar CAI is made by K&N for mopar. Like I said, I have never actually read/seen anything that states that it is just heard it.
Which wouldn't surprise me ... K&N seems to be the first to the market with these and normally do what they claim. Oh well, if anyone comes out with a supercharger ... then I'll take off the K&N. Just imagine a supercharged Compass, what a sleeper that would be

Unread 04-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #85
jbones1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07compasssport View Post
Justforjeeps states that K&N makes these for Mopar:

http://www.justforjeeps.com/mocoairin.html
jbones1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2008, 07:31 PM   #86
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Thanks for finding that! It clears up that question.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2008, 06:50 AM   #87
coachwillb
2007 MK Compass 

K&n

When will I need to change my air filter for the first time. I am thinking that would be a good time to switch over to the K&N.
coachwillb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2008, 12:01 PM   #88
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

just installed mine this afternoon - pretty easy - maaaybe took an hour - haven't taken it for a spin yet because unfortunatly I um sorta uhhhh over tightened the valve cover breather tube thingy that threaded in to the CAI tube and so I had to goober some adhesive sealer around it and am waiting for it to set.

EDIT: Just took it out on the road - its definitly louder on acceleration almost obnoxiously.....not sure I like it yet

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd

Last edited by Argent33; 04-19-2008 at 05:36 PM..
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #89
Jason31

You'll get used to it eventually. It's not that loud unless you dump the throttle down pretty good. I actually like the sound of it from the outside.
Unread 05-02-2008, 03:55 PM   #90
howdy246
2008 MK Compass 

Hi Everyone
I've had my Jeep Compass for about a month now and I sure like it. I got the K&N air intake and installed it. It took about 2 hours to do. A couple of tips though. For the air temperature sensor, I heated the grommet up and used some lube on it. Went a lot smoother. I used a hair dryer to heat the grommet up and used it to heat most of the other rubber parts too. I could do one in about 45 minutes now that I know what to expect.
It it louder but my wife never said anything about it so it can't be that bad.
I noticed that the acceleration was quicker and smoother too. I haven't used it enough to check out the gas mileage but even then I only had 1600kms on it when I put the intake on so I may not really notice it.
howdy246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.