K&N AirCharger High-Flow Intake/Cold Air Intake - Merged - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > K&N AirCharger High-Flow Intake/Cold Air Intake - Merged

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-13-2007, 08:17 PM   #61
snood
2007 MK Compass 

MPG Update

I think its from shifting a tad to early....still getting use to the higher gearing compared to the wrangler. Also this last tank I got 26.2 MPG

Unread 08-13-2007, 09:12 PM   #62
Jason31

Sorry it took so long to get these up. I've been lazy. Not all of the pictures I took during the install came out very well. I'm not very good with a camera. So, these are the good ones that came out ok. Not sure why they don't show up instead of links. It worked ok when I used the test section of the forum. Maybe Gramps can format it correctly.

Stock / OEM

Stock Airbox Removed

Fully Installed Pictures

...and just because...

Unread 08-13-2007, 09:43 PM   #63
steel5blue
2007 MK Compass 

Good pictures. I think you left out one clamp -across the metal cradle. I reminded pilzny of the same thing when I saw his pictures. Look at installation instruction sheet pictures #30 and 31. Probably not vitally important, but hey...
Cheers

Rav-who? CR-what? Arizona-where?
2007 Compass Sport Steel-5speed-Blue 4X4
steel5blue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2007, 10:48 PM   #64
pillzny

I'm Jason31 missed that step just like me... I never came around to doing it
pillzny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2007, 07:27 AM   #65
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Sure do like the Hemi Orange engine cover (looks that color in the first pic). I think I want some louvers on the driver side of the hood too.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2007, 05:09 PM   #66
Jason31

Thanks After I did the brake calipers I had some leftover and thought the engine cover would be the ideal way to set off the engine bay. Definetly looks like hemi orange to me. I didn't expect it to look that way when I bought the paint, but thats how it came out.

Going to go back and reread the instructions noted above as well. Thanks for letting me know about it.
Unread 09-27-2007, 04:33 PM   #67
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Here are some sound clips from the Caliber Forum:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4205

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2007, 10:19 AM   #68
NoNamesLeft

This looks like it would be worth looking into. I am really not mechanically inclined and I am worried about messing up my sensor. Is this install pretty much fool proof?
NoNamesLeft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2007, 11:02 AM   #69
TeHpWNaG3
2007 MK Patriot 

I would like to know how much taller the K&N unit stands compared to the original air box. I am currently awaiting an OEM Strut Tower Brace and wonder if there will be interference between the two upgrades. From the pictures, which are stunning with the painted engine cover and calipers, the heat shield looks like it might be an issue. Hard to tell.

Could someone make an estimate for me please?
TeHpWNaG3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2007, 08:12 PM   #70
ajadams
2007 MK Compass 

I emailed K&N and asked them if the Compass cold air intake was legal in Texas. This was their reply:

"Dear K&N Valued Customer,

Thank you for your interest in K&N products. We only test for and get certification for California emissions. You will need to check with your local smog station, state office, or department of vehicles to see if the kit is street legal or not.

Thank you for choosing K&N,

Technical & Customer Support Representative,

K&N Engineering, Inc."
ajadams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2007, 01:15 PM   #71
GjeepG

wow no more update on if this will fit the patriot!! well I'm pretty sure the AEM one for the caliber fits the Patriot, but i think it puts the filter in a different location.
GjeepG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2007, 06:29 AM   #72
LibertyLimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by echocat22
in one of the other posts, someone with the magnaflow exhaust system said that he/she didnt think there was any performance improvement? is it possible? also, since i already have the k&n air intake kit installed, if i were to get the magnaflow installed too, how much of a performance upgrade would there be? any ideas?
Pretty much the only way to go. One without the other does not make sense to me. I have installed the performance exhaust systems (both Magnaflow and Flowmaster) with the K&N cold air intakes on many different vehicles over the years and it does work. You will see increased performance and better fuel economy but some folks may not think it's worh the extra money spent.

Ex: 06 Mustang 4.0L V6, installed Magnaflow dual stainless steel exhaust system, K&N cold air intake and micro tuned with Superchips hand held programmer. Total spent was $1600.00 for an increase of 1.8 mpg and a ton of HP. I programmed it for 93 octane fuel and loved it. The 5 speed manual transmission didn't hurt anything either. lol

I will be doing this again with my 08 Liberty as soon as the goodies are made available for this model.

[I][B]- John F. Kennedy[/B][/I]
LibertyLimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2007, 06:31 AM   #73
LibertyLimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter44102
How much improvement is this, compared to just switching the OEM filter to a K&N high flow filter in the stock intake?

It just seems pretty costly if you can get an improvement with the filter-only change..
The slip in air filter (K&N) is not the same thing at all as the cold air intake system. But with either you still need the performance exhaust in order to make a difference.

Unread 11-16-2007, 06:46 AM   #74
LibertyLimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajadams
I emailed K&N and asked them if the Compass cold air intake was legal in Texas. This was their reply:

"Dear K&N Valued Customer,

Thank you for your interest in K&N products. We only test for and get certification for California emissions. You will need to check with your local smog station, state office, or department of vehicles to see if the kit is street legal or not.

Thank you for choosing K&N,

Technical & Customer Support Representative,

K&N Engineering, Inc."
It is 100% street legal in Texas. I went through all of that many years ago and to date nothing has changed. Remeber that you are not eliminating any emissions equipment at all.

Unread 02-20-2008, 10:16 AM   #75
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

This was a good post to find - I'm getting my new MK Rallye tomorrow night and I will be looking at adding this to the vehicle in the near future.

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.