K&N AirCharger High-Flow Intake/Cold Air Intake - Merged - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > K&N AirCharger High-Flow Intake/Cold Air Intake - Merged

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-31-2007, 05:06 PM   #31
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

ok, got it put in.....place is only like 5 mins from my house, so couldnt really "test" it, seems smoother, actually more quiet, except for giving it a little extra gas, the guy that put it in said he liked the way it sounded........i'll test it out tomorrow when i go to work

echocat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2007, 06:04 PM   #32
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

for those that have the K&N AirCharger High-Flow Intake/Cold Air Intake installed, does your temp gauge hang around a hair below half, seems like it registers a tad higher (today anyway) then when i didnt have the k & n in the compass
Unread 06-01-2007, 06:21 PM   #33
steel5blue
2007 MK Compass 

can't say I've noticed any change since k&n install: my temp indicator seems to vary from 1/3 up to just under 1/2 depending on driving conditions- cruise vs idle, hills etc. Give it a couple of hundred miles. I think the computer may " learn "the difference in air flow (?). Have you noticed any difference in pick-up and/or throttle response?

Rav-who? CR-what? Arizona-where?
2007 Compass Sport Steel-5speed-Blue 4X4
steel5blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2007, 12:00 PM   #34
pillzny

I do think it runs hotter than it did without it. Before you mentioned it, I have realized that it is right under half most of the time.

Echo and I did notice a difference in pick-up and/or throttle response. This is your first weekend with it. Maybe you'll notice it on your way to the beach.
pillzny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2007, 05:43 PM   #35
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

seems to get to 40mph somewhat quicker and smoother, i'll check it out better on tonight on the way to work and back
Unread 06-05-2007, 06:19 AM   #36
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

in one of the other posts, someone with the magnaflow exhaust system said that he/she didnt think there was any performance improvement? is it possible? also, since i already have the k&n air intake kit installed, if i were to get the magnaflow installed too, how much of a performance upgrade would there be? any ideas?
Unread 07-27-2007, 05:36 AM   #37
Jason31

I have a K&N system on its way.

Anyone interested in pictures of the install? I can take pictures and write down some feelings after I install it.
Unread 07-27-2007, 06:32 AM   #38
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason31
I have a K&N system on its way.

Anyone interested in pictures of the install? I can take pictures and write down some feelings after I install it.
Pics are always a help! Nothing like first hand info on this stuff.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2007, 11:32 AM   #39
hunter44102

How much improvement is this, compared to just switching the OEM filter to a K&N high flow filter in the stock intake?

It just seems pretty costly if you can get an improvement with the filter-only change..
hunter44102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2007, 11:46 AM   #40
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I can find no charts/specs on the stock replacement http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=33-2362

This system that this thread has focused on is almost an 8HP gain. http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=33-2362

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2007, 05:15 PM   #41
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

i have the air intake in my compass, do notice some gain in hp (not enough to give you wiplash or anything like that) but it does "shift"a lot smoother from 0-40, seems to get up to 40mph faster then when i didnt have the k & n
Unread 07-31-2007, 10:20 PM   #42
g3cko
2011 JK Wrangler 

I was just looking at these today, I'm weary of modding my compass like I did my Audi. I may end up catching the bug and go mod crazy.
g3cko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2007, 06:16 AM   #43
Jason31

Should get the intake tomorrow, probably install on Saturday. Will take before, during, after pictures.
Unread 08-01-2007, 07:06 PM   #44
Jason31

Intake was delivered today, a day early from UPS. Ordered it from AutoAnything.com. Good communication from them and UPS delivered a day ahead of schedule.

Curiosity got the best of me, so I went ahead and installed it. Instructions suck in my opinion, leaving you guessing on some stuff. I could have installed without the instructions (mechanic background) but I used them to see how K&N did with them. Pretty good walkthrough but leaves you guessing on some parts.

Overall happy with fit and quality. Definetly sounds different when you put your foot down. Throttle response seems better so far. I can feel a touch more power in the higher RPM's. Good deal, I'm pleased.

I did reset the PCM by pulling the negative battery cable about an hour before install, and the install itself took about an hour and a half with most of it spent getting the damn grommet and air temp sensor in the new intake tube, lol.

I have plenty of pictures from before, during, and after as promised, will post them up probaby tomorrow or over the weekend after I sort through to get the best pictures.
Unread 08-03-2007, 06:38 AM   #45
pillzny

I put mine in a couple of months ago and your absolutely correct. The sensor was the worst part. It took me longest out of everything but a blister or two later, it was in and the install was done.
pillzny is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.