Just finished review on Compass - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Just finished review on Compass

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-08-2007, 02:47 PM   #31
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

according to the new consumer reports mag, the compass sport is now a RECOMENDED vehicle (gets a red check mark in the mag.) as well as reliability of a half red circle

echocat22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #32
snikr

I agree. Our Compass is great!

Tom

So many roads.......So little vacation time
snikr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2007, 05:51 PM   #33
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
.... it doesn't look like the classic Jeep, it's not trail rated, not all of them are 4WD and even that's only high range, no solid axles, plastic interior and until you get used to it the CVT feels slow off the line.

In other words, it didn't meet THEIR expectations of what THEY thought a Jeep should be.
UPDATE! 2008 Compass' are "TRAIL RATED" (except those with 18" wheels). NOT SO!!! I KNOW I HEARD THIS ON A DVD MOPAR TEST AT WORK, BUT IT JUST HAS NEVER MATERIALIZED....SORRY. i just purchased an '07 Compass Sport 4X4 CVT. the only options i got were A/C, Privacy Tint, 'Yes Essentials' Seats, Full Size Spare, 6 Disc CD Changer w/9 Boston Acoustic Speakers, All Terrain Tires. NO POWER WINDOWS, LOCKS OR MIRRORS! hey, it's a JEEP!

i'm adding Cruise as well as the U-Connect hands-free phone system and Cross Bars for the roof rack. i saw on this site that there is a 2" lift kit available. SWEET! but i'm a little nervous about that with the 'Unlimited Powertrain Warranty". on the other hand, i DO work at a C-J-D Dealership, so maybe i could 'sneek' it through if something were to fail.....maybe!

anyway, i LOVE this Compass....it's fun to drive (beats the crap out of the Toyota Corolla i WAS driving for fuel mileage) and has plenty of room for my 6'2", 260lb body. for me, it was a great choice. it was tough saying bye-bye to the '06 Unlimited, but in retrospect i'm far ahead on insurance (cheaper by $52/yr) and gas. we just got back from a trip to KC from Indy. ran about 70-75mph and for the 1104 miles, we averaged 30.7. i was SHOCKED! it does take some getting use to, but the CVT is pretty cool once you've figured out how it best operates.

good luck to all who have purchased (OR are thinking about it) a Compass or Patriot.

Last edited by Jeepster55; 08-03-2008 at 09:03 AM..
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2007, 06:28 PM   #34
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51 Jeepster
UPDATE! 2008 Compass' are "TRAIL RATED" (except those with 18" wheels). i just purchased an '07 Compass Sport 4X4 CVT. the only options i got were A/C, Privacy Tint, 'Yes Essentials' Seats, Full Size Spare, 6 Disc CD Changer w/9 Boston Acoustic Speakers, All Terrain Tires. NO POWER WINDOWS, LOCKS OR MIRRORS! hey, it's a JEEP!

I'm adding Cruise as well as the U-Connect hands-free phone system and Cross Bars for the roof rack. i saw on this site that there is a 2" lift kit available. SWEET! but I'm a little nervous about that with the 'Unlimited Powertrain Warranty". on the other hand, i DO work at a C-J-D Dealership, so maybe i could 'sneak' it through if something were to fail.....maybe!

anyway, i LOVE this Compass....it's fun to drive (beats the crap out of the Toyota Corolla i WAS driving for fuel mileage) and has plenty of room for my 6'2", 260lb body. for me, it was a great choice. it was tough saying bye-bye to the '06 Unlimited, but in retrospect I'm far ahead on insurance (cheaper by $52/yr) and gas. we just got back from a trip to KC from Indy. ran about 70-75mph and for the 1104 miles, we averaged 30.7. i was SHOCKED! it does take some getting use to, but the CVT is pretty cool once you've figured out how it best operates.

good luck to all who have purchased (OR are thinking about it) a Compass or Patriot.
That's AWESOME news ! I ran to the Jeep "build and price" but they aren't showing it yet. You have inside information?

So the Compass gets the FD II package available and the Patriot gets an AutoStick, both good things.

Welcome to the group and do you really have a '51 Jeepster?

My lift kit is working fine and it may depend on the dealership if they still cover it under warranty. The guys at mine loved it. Rocky Road says that it shouldn't effect warranty and I really can't see why it would, it doesn't interfere with any of the factory parts.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2007, 06:31 AM   #35
Fogrunner
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well, after reading all the reviews, I'm getting the '08 Compass. It suits my needs as a family vehicle and the gas milage is a bonus. I looked at all the SUV's in this catagory and the Compass fits the bill perfectly. My '92 YJ is for playing off road, and this will be used for playing on road.
Fogrunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2007, 05:43 PM   #36
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
That's AWESOME news ! I ran to the Jeep "build and price" but they aren't showing it yet. You have inside information?

So the Compass gets the FD II package available and the Patriot gets an AutoStick, both good things.

Welcome to the group and do you really have a '51 Jeepster?

My lift kit is working fine and it may depend on the dealership if they still cover it under warranty. The guys at mine loved it. Rocky Road says that it shouldn't effect warranty and I really can't see why it would, it doesn't interfere with any of the factory parts.
hey Gramps

i don't know about 'inside info', but the statement that the '08 Compass was on a "Trail Rated" was on a DCX Parts/Service training disc that i studied a couple months ago. that's when i really became interested in the Compass.

the '08 Compass has Auto-Stick too, but not the '07 that i have. BUT i've looked into it and the only difference i see is the shifter assembly itself and the shifter bezel. for about $100 in parts, it appears i can put 'Auto-Stick' on my '07. food for thought.....

sorry, no '51 Jeepster in my garage. my dad did own one back in 53-4, before i was born. not sure what year it was...i just know that when i was born, he traded it for a '48 New Yorker. as for the '51 Jeepster' screen name, i took it because i just happened to be 51 at the time i signed up. guess i should now refer to myself as '52 Jeepster'???

i'm REALLY interested in the lift kit for the Compass. i think it would just make my Jeep complete. i'll read up on that some more.....

thanks for the reply.
Unread 11-28-2007, 06:20 PM   #37
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogrunner
Well, after reading all the reviews, I'm getting the '08 Compass. It suits my needs as a family vehicle and the gas mileage is a bonus. I looked at all the SUV's in this category and the Compass fits the bill perfectly. My '92 YJ is for playing off road, and this will be used for playing on road.
Hi and thanks for joining us. We've got a at least one other, if not a couple, up in your neck of the woods. They liked the way it took on the snow last year. They really are a GP on the road.

Unread 11-28-2007, 06:34 PM   #38
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51 Jeepster
hey Gramps

i don't know about 'inside info', but the statement that the '08 Compass was on a "Trail Rated" was on a DCX Parts/Service training disc that i studied a couple months ago. that's when i really became interested in the Compass.
That info was a really slow leak, that's the first that I had heard it!
Quote:
the '08 Compass has Auto-Stick too, but not the '07 that i have. BUT i've looked into it and the only difference i see is the shifter assembly itself and the shifter bezel. for about $100 in parts, it appears i can put 'Auto-Stick' on my '07. food for thought.....
When I got mine it was $150 option (I think) It may take some programming too that I bet your friends at work can do that for you.
Quote:
sorry, no '51 Jeepster in my garage. my dad did own one back in 53-4, before i was born. not sure what year it was...i just know that when i was born, he traded it for a '48 New Yorker. as for the '51 Jeepster' screen name, i took it because i just happened to be 51 at the time i signed up. guess i should now refer to myself as '52 Jeepster'???
Sorry. I always liked them and would still like to find a good restorable one.

Quote:
i'm REALLY interested in the lift kit for the Compass. i think it would just make my Jeep complete. i'll read up on that some more.....

thanks for the reply.
The lift kit is nice, really nice! I do feel like maybe I should have gone with a 28" Grand Touring tire for a little softer ride and holding the mpg's a little better, but that's being just a little anal. With the higher CG I'm also thinking about the Strut Support and some larger anti-sway bars. Just something to keep in mind. Not that it's "bad" the way it is, I just want to tweak it a little more. Call it Gramps' idea of a "Rallye" Compass. (The turbo from the Caliber SR/T with a different waste gate would be nice too )

I think that I'm a little bit "off topic' too.

Unread 11-29-2007, 09:20 AM   #39
Fogrunner
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hi and thanks for joining us. We've got a at least one other, if not a couple, up in your neck of the woods. They liked the way it took on the snow last year. They really are a GP on the road.
Thanks, Im really looking forward to getting it. As a bonus, my wife likes it too!! Strange, but we finally agree on a vehicle for a change!!
Unread 11-29-2007, 08:54 PM   #40
Jeepster55

while i DO really love my Compass, i think i'll miss my Unlimited come next spring and summer. taking the soft top off for the entire summer was great. but hey, i'm 52 years young.....i don't need to sunburn my head any more than it already has been. never liked 'fried brains' anyway......

thanks for the tips, Gramps.......i'll check into all those before i do ANYTHING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.