JFK holiday Run - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > JFK holiday Run

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 01-23-2013, 12:36 AM   #1
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

JFK holiday Run

Pictures here:
http://notthemomma.com/?p=371

One of the video's:

MLK, not JFK... Its late...

aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
codyjames
2008 JK Wrangler 

I can't believe no one has commented. I am wicked impressed by that. Nice job taking it off the beaten path.
Unread 01-27-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
patriotcaptain

Sweet pics man! Can't wait to get my patriot dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
patriotcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I didn't post the pics into the thread is probably why, but people always complain about how big they are. But thanks, that was a great day, the only change I've made to my patriot is a new set of good off road tires, and this trail was pushing my limits. A lift would make a huge difference. And rock sliders would do a lot to protect against trail rash. I am planning another trip in Feb.
Unread 01-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
patriotcaptain

Hm idk the pics are perfect. I live in Florida so there's no terrain like that but I'm looking to take a trip up to the mountain and I'd love some good tires and lift for it. That good to know though. Same place in feb? Where is that anyway?

Unread 01-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #6
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I'm in AZ, a different place from that place, but where I've been before. Picks from that trip can be found on my blog from November, but my wife wants to go on that trail so that's where we're going.
Unread 01-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #7
patriotcaptain

Really enjoying the pics though the terrain is amazing and looks like tons of fun

Unread 01-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #8
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Where was that, kinda looked like the back way to Crown King?
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #9
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

This is the map we used. but went backwards, went down the 79, to cotton wood canyon road, and then to upper box.

http://www.everytrail.com/guide/box-...-trail-arizona
Unread 01-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #10
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Like most video's pics they don't look as bad as in person. I was with the group that day and I can tell you that video is taken in a pretty nasty spot. He did great!
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
olliehopnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #11
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Very much so. The video was less than 3 minutes, but it felt like it took half an hour for me to go down. Loved every second of it though. if anybody here is from AZ, I'm going out in feb again. easier trail this time, more for my preggo wife, who wants to go, but not be jostled around so much.
Unread 01-28-2013, 10:10 PM   #12
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

With the rain we just got, there may be some awesome wildflower viewing pretty soon.

Off of 60, past the Florence exit, is Mineral Mountain road. Pretty easy trail, mostly just past 'dirt road' status. One year the wild flower viewing there was unbelieveable.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
Unread 01-29-2013, 08:05 AM   #13
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I'm hoping montana mountain, with climbing up from the low desert into the pines and then back down again, i hope after all this rain it will be really pretty.
Unread 01-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #14
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

LOL, the last time I was on Montana Mountain the pine area was less than 1/4 long. (If my memory is correct). But it's sweet up there.

Mingus is a great run too. Lots of pines up there and some great views.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.