Jeep patriot fwd to 4x4 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Jeep patriot fwd to 4x4

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 01-03-2014, 09:10 AM   #46
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWV247 View Post
haha ok IRSmart, did you make that your username because everyone teased about how stupid you were growing up. You could have at least tried to use proper English and made it IMSmart or maybe you have some dark skin and should have been called IBSmart. Regardless it can be done, I guarantee you received a piss poor education and probably came from 2 parents that were first cousins. Its ok though because you used a google search to verify your logic about all things jeep related.
the username is obviously a play on words. and you're right, the six years I spent configuring, ordering, selling, and studying the entire Chrysler brand, along with doing my own major electrical modifications have no bearing on my knowledge of the product. I simply know all that I know from a quick five minute search engine. you got me good on that one.

I guess i'll crawl back to my aunt mom and uncle dad who live in the back country woods. good looking out for me, though.

BTW, would you mind explaining to the class how a CANBUS system works, without doing a google search?

IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 11:18 AM   #47
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Another member and myself worked with a dealership and Jeep Engineering on trying to change a Patriot FD II over to an Autostick. Outside of not being able to get in in the 'L' to engage the off road programing, which could have been by-passed using an electrical switch, it just wouldn't work. We had all of the correct wiring fabricated, the correct shifter and we used my VIN for the the attempt but it doesn't go with the 'Off Road' mode. If there was a complete parts car and everything was in good working order along with the correct VIN then yes it could be possible but you would have so much labor into it would not be worth it IMHO. I'd rather get a V-6 Dodge Journey engine to swap into mine but that's another story.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 11:42 AM   #48
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

the next version should come with a 2.8l version of the pentastar, or similar engine with at least 200ft/lbs of torque.
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 11:51 AM   #49
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

3.6, 283 HP and 260 Lb/Ft still sounds more better.

Unread 01-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #50
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

But I doubt there is enough room under the hood is the only problem.
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 11:53 AM   #51
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Yup, that's a issue as well as the extra weight.

Unread 01-03-2014, 04:52 PM   #52
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

the thing here is going to be the computers. the two cars need to be equipped EXACTLY the same. for example: if the donor car had bluetooth, and the FWD car didn't, this could cause the computer to get "confused" when it went to look for the Bluetooth module in the car and didn't find it. that's why I said you would have to replace literally EVERY component in the car with pieces from the old one. this means down to the gauge cluster and radio (which are VIN protected now a days) in order for this to even become feasible. and that's assuming that the wiring between the two cars is the same, which it may not be. have two cars from two different model years? the swap just became impossibly more difficult.
Unread 01-04-2014, 08:52 AM   #53
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
the thing here is going to be the computers. the two cars need to be equipped EXACTLY the same. for example: if the donor car had bluetooth, and the FWD car didn't, this could cause the computer to get "confused" when it went to look for the Bluetooth module in the car and didn't find it. that's why I said you would have to replace literally EVERY component in the car with pieces from the old one. this means down to the gauge cluster and radio (which are VIN protected now a days) in order for this to even become feasible. and that's assuming that the wiring between the two cars is the same, which it may not be. have two cars from two different model years? the swap just became impossibly more difficult.
NO WAY. IF you really think Bluetooth or not matters you don't have a clue.
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2014, 12:06 PM   #54
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHPATRIOT View Post
NO WAY. IF you really think Bluetooth or not matters you don't have a clue.
um...you might want to back off before claiming I don't know what i'm talking about. when installing my Bluetooth module (mind you, a factory-sold accessory for the car), the module was installed improperly, and the entire car started going haywire. sunroof opening and closing, headlights turning on and off, radio going on and out, one of the windows went down, etc. the whole car was possessed by the devil. so yes, I do indeed know what i'm talking about, and my example was a valid one, with several hundred other examples that would further back up my original point. so, before claiming that someone is wrong, you might want to consider the fact that I actually know a little more about the electrical system of these cars than the average poster does.
Unread 01-05-2014, 08:08 AM   #55
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Dude.

You float around so much it is hard to follow you. One minute you speak in absolutes then it is well something was installed improperly and it caused problems. They are not the same thing.

Just give it up. I am tired of fighting. You think what you want and I will think what I want. Neither of us will ever change the other's mind so why keep at it?

And for the record. What I was saying/meant was it doesn't matter if the donor car had BT and the OP's doesn't or vice versa. You simply disable or enable that feature as needed. You make it sound like if one had it and the other doesn't the swapped parts will never work and that is just false. You can add BT(Uconnect )to vehicles that never had it and you can also disable that programming as well. Damn man.
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.