Jeep Patriot - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Jeep Patriot

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-10-2006, 12:31 AM   #16
mendelmax
2004 WJ 

They do, but I think that RWD WJ would work better

POLISH JEEP OWNERS CLUB #11

Anyway, nothing will beat Suzuki :D
mendelmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2006, 12:37 PM   #17
Decipticon

lol

These aren't even real jeeps. I am ashamed to say i own a jeep now after this crap.
Unread 06-12-2006, 08:04 AM   #18
S10Eater
2001 TJ Wrangler 

flame me if you must *zips up flame resistant suit to his chin* but doesn't the liberty share the same platform, or atleast some of the same components as a neon? thats what i always thought
JEEP: If i wanted a Hummer, I would have asked your sister
S10Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2006, 07:47 PM   #19
chuckd94
2012 JK Wrangler 

The patriot will have some sort of 4 wheel drive with some sort of low range, but it sounds like you press some sort of "off road button."

Read: http://www.allpar.com/model/jeep/patriot.html

At any rate it looks a lot better than that compass, which doesn't deserve to wear a Jeep badge. I'm going to hold off on my decision regarding the Patriot until I have more info.
Unread 06-25-2006, 10:21 PM   #20
exc911ence

Quote:
Originally Posted by S10Eater
flame me if you must *zips up flame resistant suit to his chin* but doesn't the liberty share the same platform, or atleast some of the same components as a neon? thats what i always thought
Uh, no. The Liberty was a "new" platform that just now is branching out and sharing with the upcoming Dodge Nitro. The Neon only spawned the PT Cruiser.

Last edited by exc911ence; 09-15-2006 at 10:29 PM..
exc911ence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2006, 01:07 PM   #21
pdxbubba
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyXJ
Why are we even discussing this if they don't have 4wd...or do they?

Quote:
...The Freedom Drive II Off-Road Package is an available four-wheel-drive system that makes the Jeep Patriot a Trail Rated 4x4, creating the most capable vehicle in the crowded compact SUV class. The Freedom Drive II Off-Road Package includes a second-generation continuously variable transaxle with a low range (CVT2L) that engages when the off-road mode is activated, 17-inch all-terrain tires and aluminum wheels, a full-size spare tire, air-filtration system, skid plates, tow hooks, fog lamps and seat height adjuster. The available Freedom Drive II Off-Road Package is recommended for true off-road situations that include steep grades, wheel lift and rock or log climbing...
per Jeep's Press release for the Patriot.
Unread 07-16-2006, 09:38 PM   #22
IVIYTH0S
1993 XJ Cherokee 

its a compass with a boxie back......
IVIYTH0S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2006, 02:17 AM   #23
MtnBikingAddict

I think a lot of people here are underestimating the Patriot, yes of course it's not gonna be out wheeling Wranglers here, and it's not what it's designed for, but it sure as hell will out wheel any of it's competition, 9" ground clerance, 4x4 with 19:1 low range, center locker, brake assist, skid plates, oil cooler, this little sucker will do things never seen in SUVs this price/market. It's competition is vehicles like the Honda CR-V/Element, Toyota Rav4, Suzuki Grand Vitara, Kia Sportage, Saturn Vue, and so on. As far as I know the only vehicle listed there that even has low range is the Suzuki but the Vitara falls short in every other aspect. It's about time this compact SUV market has gotten a GOOD vehicle.

It's not just a Caliber with a different body (the Compass basically is though) it has quite a bit more work done to the drivetrain.

I'm looking forward to it's release, quite possibly will get one.

Just remember how big the compact SUV market is, some people just want light offroad ability, with good cargo capacity and versatility, rather then buying a really good SUV and using 15% of its offroad capability. I've had my fair share of 4x4 vehicles, I don't need anything overkill anymore.

^ And I'm in that catagory.
[B]PAST JEEP(s)[/B]: 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, Selec-Trac 4x4, 4AT, I6 4.0L, 3.73 (80,000 Miles)[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by MtnBikingAddict; 09-02-2006 at 02:28 AM..
MtnBikingAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2006, 08:51 PM   #24
RKBA
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnBikingAddict
I think a lot of people here are underestimating the Patriot, yes of course it's not gonna be out wheeling Wranglers here, and it's not what it's designed for, but it sure as hell will out wheel any of it's competition, 9" ground clerance, 4x4 with 19:1 low range, center locker, brake assist, skid plates, oil cooler, this little sucker will do things never seen in SUVs this price/market. It's competition is vehicles like the Honda CR-V/Element, Toyota Rav4, Suzuki Grand Vitara, Kia Sportage, Saturn Vue, and so on. As far as I know the only vehicle listed there that even has low range is the Suzuki but the Vitara falls short in every other aspect. It's about time this compact SUV market has gotten a GOOD vehicle.
I thought that was what the Liberty was competing against

There just may be a few too many Jeeps models on the market in the next few years.

How about this instead?

Patriot only - Compass not needed in Jeep lineup. Buy the Caliber if you're set on a domestic Subaru.
JK
JK Unlimited is the new XJ - buh-bye KJ. Dodge Nitro > KJ anyway
Gladiator
Decontent some XK trims to bring down the cost, delete WK
New body on frame SFA Grand Waggy based on Ram drivetrain - Think Suburban/Tahoe killer
RKBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2007, 10:18 AM   #25
offroader156

I don't have any problem with the Patriot cause Jeep needs a compact SUV. And it's alot better than the competition. But the Compass is not a Jeep. Jeep doesn't need the Compass. And about the 4wd systems the Compass is AWD with lever that you pull to lock the center diff. Same with the Patriot except pulling the lever puts you in low range (and locked diff). Go to http://www.jeep.com/4x4/index.html for info on Jeep's 4x4 systems. And with the FDII off-road package, the Patriot is one inch higher than the base Patriot or the Compass. I would never buy a Patriot without FDII or a Compass they're just too low.
offroader156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2007, 05:50 PM   #26
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyXJ
Why are we even discussing this if they don't have 4wd...or do they?
I'm ashamed to hear this from you, Indy.
Unread 01-09-2007, 05:56 PM   #27
XJMudder
1993 YJ Wrangler 

When is the Jeep Patriot coming out ? i haven't seen any at the dealers just on the jeep web site , and from what i know the patriot is not either a compass or a liberty the Liberty will be sharing the same platform as the Nitro as the Nitro is a bit longer and they are redoing the Liberty , the Compass and the Caliber use the same platform . My wife really likes the new Unlimited but i think i will wait maybe till spring or until the Patriot comes out .
XJMudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2007, 05:16 PM   #28
smittystorm
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I went to the Detroit auto show Sunday and sat in a few of them. I liked them so much I went to the dealership today to see if they had any in. They said that they will have 3 next week in Dublin, OH. The wife may be getting a new ride...

Previous: 1998 TJ SE with 2" rusty's suspension lift and 31's
smittystorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2007, 01:57 PM   #29
pdxbubba
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd94
The patriot will have some sort of 4 wheel drive with some sort of low range, but it sounds like you press some sort of "off road button."

Read: http://www.allpar.com/model/jeep/patriot.html

At any rate it looks a lot better than that compass, which doesn't deserve to wear a Jeep badge. I'm going to hold off on my decision regarding the Patriot until I have more info.
From the looks of it... The Jeep Patriot, when equipt with the Freedom Drive II, is FWD, RWD, AWD, and 4WD!

Check out how they explain this on the Jeep Site.

Click the link and select 'See How Jeep 4x4 Systems Work' under the 'GET READY' tab on the left. When that loads, select 'CLICK TO EXPLORE' for the Freedom-Drive II in the lower right. (sorry I can't link directly to it)
Unread 01-23-2007, 03:40 PM   #30
XJ2Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroader156
I don't have any problem with the Patriot cause Jeep needs a compact SUV. But the Compass is not a Jeep. Jeep doesn't need the Compass. And about the 4wd systems the Compass is AWD with lever that you pull to lock the center diff. Same with the Patriot except pulling the lever puts you in low range (and locked diff). Go to http://www.jeep.com/4x4/index.html for info on Jeep's 4x4 systems. And with the FDII off-road package, the Patriot is one inch higher than the base Patriot or the Compass. I would never buy a Patriot without FDII or a Compass they're just too low.
If they offered the FDII and the one inch higher suspension on the Compass would you buy it? If they fixed the ugly front end of the Compass by sloping it back like the concept and have the rear door handles located like the front I'd be willing to buy the Compass with the FDII and wheel and tire package. I've got my boxy Cherokee so a smoother pavement riding smoother looking Compass would be fine with me.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.