JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Compass & Patriot Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/)
-   -   Jeep Patriot (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/jeep-patriot-273974/)

SteelBlue_WJ 05-18-2006 09:01 PM

Jeep Patriot

You guys gonna do a Compass/Patriot section? they are the same vehicle and the Patriot is on the 2007 jeep webpage...

SlimGoaty 05-18-2006 11:27 PM

I think the patriot is a 1000 times better then the compass. Even tho they are both built on basically the neon platform I think the Patriot is much more "Jeepy" Then the Compass.

pbrutsch 05-19-2006 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlimGoaty
built on basically the neon platform

No, they're not. The only remnant of the Neon left is the PT Cruiser.

The Caliber/Compass/Patriot are on what started out as a Mitsubishi platform, heavily re-engineered by DCX.

KingPrat 05-19-2006 07:48 AM

If you look on the Dodge website, they are coming out with the Nitro in the Fall, DCX is releasing a bunch of autos on this platform. My point? The Nitro has 3 engine options: 2.4L 4cyl (Patriot/Compass), the 3.7L V6 found in the liberty, and a new 4.0L V6 which is basically a bored and stroked 3.7L.

Why can't Jeep have the same engine options for the Patriot? It's basically the same platform and design. Why 3 engine options for the Dodge and not the Jeep? :brickwall I want a Patriot w/ the 4.0 :cool:

pbrutsch 05-19-2006 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPrat
If you look on the Dodge website, they are coming out with the Nitro in the Fall, DCX is releasing a bunch of autos on this platform. My point? The Nitro has 3 engine options: 2.4L 4cyl (Patriot/Compass), the 3.7L V6 found in the liberty, and a new 4.0L V6 which is basically a bored and stroked 3.7L.

Why can't Jeep have the same engine options for the Patriot? It's basically the same platform and design. Why 3 engine options for the Dodge and not the Jeep? :brickwall I want a Patriot w/ the 4.0 :cool:

The only vehicles currently being produced on this plaform (called MK) are the Caliber, Compass, and Patriot.

Dodge Nitro -> derived from Liberty (http://www.allpar.com/SUVs/dodge/nitro.html)
2.4L 4cyl world engine -> not gonna be in the Nitro; never was, never will be in the Liberty
4.0L V6 -> Derived from 3.5L V6, which is in turn derived from the 3.8L V6 (http://www.allpar.com/mopar/38-40.html)

KingPrat 05-21-2006 05:18 PM

Ahh, that's why I'm confused. I thought it was the same platform.

marlon_jbt 05-21-2006 07:36 PM

Let's get these codes straight. :)

MK - Compass/Patriot
PM - Caliber

Neon was PL.

pbrutsch 05-22-2006 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPrat
I want a Patriot w/ the 4.0 :cool:

Screw that, I wanna Patriot with a DIESEL and a traditional auto. I extensively drove a Caliber for the first time yesterday, and let's just say the CVT takes some getting used to.

These days my driving style is tailored to driving a diesel (:bowdown: all hail the CRD :bowdown: ) and the Caliber just sucked fuel trying to hold a hill @ 70 :D

coorsmgood 05-23-2006 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbrutsch
No, they're not. The only remnant of the Neon left is the PT Cruiser.

The Caliber/Compass/Patriot are on what started out as a Mitsubishi platform, heavily re-engineered by DCX.

the neon and pt platform are no where near the same !!! not even close! that is a huge misconception

SteelBlue_WJ 05-24-2006 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coorsmgood
the neon and pt platform are no where near the same !!! not even close! that is a huge misconception

must be a very common one, there are more reputable websites online that say it shares the underpinnings of te first gen Neon then ones that say they dont (and yes there are a few that do say it's not the same). One thing that is known, they do share some mechanical parts and engines.

NoUse328 05-25-2006 06:44 AM

So how many think the 2.4 is going to last long? I believe the Patriot is heavier than the Caliber or Compass, so I don't think that little bugger will be able to keep up. Maybe they'll go to one of their many sixes, like the 2.7.

I still want to talk my dad into buying one. He's been driving mini vans since the 80's and it's about time he got a Jeep. I'll make sure he gets the locking t-case though...awd is not a jeep thing.

dakuda 05-25-2006 08:19 AM

I made this forum since the Compass was available to order on jeep.com. the Patriot is still a few months away from that. If they are basically the same (sorry, I do not keep up with the new releases), I may consider just making this a COmpass/Patriot forum.

To be honest, I think I jumped the gun a little bit on this one. But it is already here so i don;t feel like removing it.

needacherokee 05-25-2006 06:27 PM

I love the look of the patriot so far. I have never driven a cvt before so i can't really speak on that, but in theory, it works great. I'm not sure about the power, or the interior space. My moms thinking about checking one out to replace her 2000 XJ. :thumbsup: Lets not forget the 19:1 low range!!!!!!

jakrabit 05-30-2006 10:16 AM

I like the patriot... for some reason, it look really familiar to me... compare it to a Chevy HHR - looks like an HHR with a little lift.

IndyXJ 06-09-2006 10:29 PM

Why are we even discussing this if they don't have 4wd...or do they? :confused: :rofl: :confused:

The time now is 09:54 AM.