Jeep Patriot 2013 clunk 5 mph - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Jeep Patriot 2013 clunk 5 mph

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
serafini2006

Jeep Patriot 2013 clunk 5 mph

Searched the forum for this particular clunk thread, couldn't find it so posting a new thread. Bought the jeep patriot 2013 used with 13,000 miles on it. From day one it has made a clunk at 5mph. I don't know where the sound is coming from for sure. I am guessing the transmission. The noise occurs 100% when I first start to drive it when it has been sitting overnight or for a couple of hours. I turn the key press on the gas and 'coast'(not pressing on the gas) up to 5 mph when I hear the clunk under the car. Does anyone know if this is normal or if the dealer is going to tell me this is normal. I have 2.4l engine cvt transmission. thank you in advance.

serafini2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
serafini2006

The dealer said:
Noise is coming from the throttle body going thru its self check ..the electric throttle body will adjust the blade for normal driving. The said they test drove several jeep 014 patriots they do the same thing and this is normal. I searched the world wide web couldn't find anything related to the dealers answer. Does anyone know anything about this subject to confirm the dealers answer? thank you in advance...
serafini2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #3
miketmx
2008 MK Patriot 

Some klunk sounds are related to the parking brake cable which I heard can be re-routed to fix.
miketmx is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.