Jeep Compass + sand dunes = cool video - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Jeep Compass + sand dunes = cool video

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Closed Thread
Unread 11-25-2006, 08:06 PM   #46
snikr

Challenger T/A Gramps. You're way cool.

Tom

So many roads.......So little vacation time
Unread 11-26-2006, 05:56 AM   #47
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Mike and Tom,

Well, thanks guys, that's very kind of you to say, but I think I need a t-shirt that says "My other body is perfect!" or maybe "I have the body of a GOD - BUDDA!"

Gramps
Unread 11-26-2006, 08:33 AM   #48
Hiram357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
The link works just fine, THANKS!

No, it's not a rock crawler but Jeep never said that it was. It's just that, because it's a Jeep, everybody expects it to be.
It shouldnt bear the Jeep name, it should have the dodge or chrysler emblem on it, not the Jeep, personally I think it's disrespectful to the name that forged the way for off roading. (jmo)
Unread 11-26-2006, 08:43 AM   #49
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram357
It shouldnt bear the Jeep name, it should have the dodge or chrysler emblem on it, not the Jeep, personally I think it's disrespectful to the name that forged the way for off roading. (jmo)
The name Jeep was derived from General Purpose (GP). Many of those modified for off-road are barely streetable, hardly GP any more at all! The Compass still fits the GP classification, it's just from the 21st century and built toward more current driving conditions.
Gramps

Last edited by Gramps; 11-26-2006 at 02:48 PM..
Unread 12-13-2006, 06:58 AM   #50
jage

What I want to see is the video of the mall rats who saw that video and took their compass out into the sand without knowing precisely how to drive it.

You know ever new model of Jeep since I've been around has it's haters. Look at the YJ. There are still people who hate it. People hated the TJ, people hated the KJ, I'm sure people are hating on the JK already.

There are two kinds of Jeeps in the brand - those that people love and think signify the Jeep history and those that people hate and think just ruin the heritage. Funny thing is they're often opposite sides of the same models.

I wonder, did people hate the CJ when it came out, saying it was too soft and civilian? What about 2WD XJs and MJs? What about this:

That's factory baby (well except the hood ornament) and wholly part of the Jeep heritage, just as the YJ, KJ and one day the Compass.

Plus, you know that someday someone is going to put a "real" driveline in it, jack it up on 38s just to have something different. Not that you can't do that with your wife's Saturn either.
Unread 12-21-2006, 10:46 AM   #51
yarosig

Oh god 2 in. deep sand. I've gone through foot deep sand on in my YJ when it was stock.
Unread 12-21-2006, 10:53 AM   #52
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarosig
Oh god 2 in. deep sand. I've gone through foot deep sand on in my YJ when it was stock.
Comparing a Compass to a YJ? You have the makings for one of those automotive review writers that Michelle mentioned in her article.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.