Jeep Compass + sand dunes = cool video - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Jeep Compass + sand dunes = cool video

Poison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Closed Thread
Unread 08-10-2006, 10:20 PM   #16
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman
Just watched the Edmunds review elsewhere in this forum. Averaged 19.5 mpg. I get 18 all the time w/ my 91 XJ. This is the last time I'll visit the Compass Forum. See yah
AVERAGE 19.5?

Dayum, my 98 XJ can barely maintain that on the highway, IF I keep the speed down.

Around town she's more like 15/16

If DC is even close with their 26/29 estimates for the Compass 5-speed, that's a good 10 mpg better!

No, it's no Prius, but THANK GOD

K

Unread 08-10-2006, 10:22 PM   #17
jcd
2008 JK Wrangler 

Well that's 4 minutes I won't get back
Unread 08-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #18
wdyer14

I luckily got the chance to drive a compass today and I was fairly impressed.It isn't an overpowering vehicle but it is on par with the compact sedans (some) and has much more to offer than your average focus,cobalt ect..For the looks my first impression was ugh,, but then after I took a few more glances and poked around the inside it started to appeal to me.

I'm always going to own a Jeep,the brand has been great to me and as my first vehicle (xj) they hold a place with me.I'll always have a wrangler (or another xj) for offroad,but since my job puts me traveling roughly 30,000 + a year gas mileage is very important to me.(self employed)

I will wait for the patriot to make comparisons before buying,but right now I see a compass in my future.I welcome the chance to stay in a jeep over a sedan,plus the extar room and slightly taller stance gives me more flexibility for exploring.I'll never have it in 3 feet of mud,but I live near the base of the Appalachian mountains so I get into alot of fire roads and overgrown passes while camping and fishing.

I know the platform isn't based off the older "true Jeeps" ,but in this market you evolve or die.While $3.00 + a gallon is a very big detail the fact that I sometimes drive 150-200 miles without passing a filling station is also of importance here,,and no I would prefer not to have a Jerry can strapped and filled with me at all times.Jeep (Chrysler) recognized the need for a fuel efficiant gas powered vehicle in their lineup and they filled it.The Liberty never impressed me,and the mpg wasn't very good so for me and alot of other multi taskers this is a great solution.I love that I'll still have a Jeep nameplate without super glueing it to my wifes neon-(lol)
Unread 08-11-2006, 09:51 AM   #19
woody-77
Vulcan FTW

2007 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieCJ
man I am selling my CJ tomorrow and getting one of these.

Quote:
Thread deleted by Jerry Bransford
Reason: This was beyond human decency... posting about someone's girlfriend is ****ed up.
Unread 08-11-2006, 02:41 PM   #20
famicom21

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody-77
soooo woody, i see that your friday goal only covers general discussion, huh?
Unread 08-14-2006, 10:08 PM   #21
Divinitous
Disgruntled Jeepforum'er

2000 TJ Wrangler 

my honda civic can do that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Ferrari
"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlaine
"Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps."
Unread 08-14-2006, 10:13 PM   #22
SCRMBLD

2006 LJ Wrangler 

My wife's Saturn Ion could do that, and probably throw sand further too.

Her Ion has a CVT in it as well, and I gotta say that the combo of a hgih reving motor and a CVT is the best car I've ever driven in city traffic. (I make regular trips into Chicago.) It's like a go pedal in a video game... no waiting for it to down shift... it's alway in the 'right gear.'

I'd consider buying a Compass as the family grocery mover, but I gotta say I can't get use to the Jeep name being on it. I'm not trying to offend anyone here; if you own a Compass I hope you love your new car. But, I feel like they should have brought back the Eagle line for these little buggars.
Unread 10-16-2006, 08:39 PM   #23
Atari.fan3000
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Does any body have any Videos or Pic of the Compass doing some real Wheeling
C 4X4 front tow hooks; Rear Hatch Speakers; Painted Fenders Flares; herculined floor; Back-Up lights inside bumper
My car Domain Page
Unread 10-16-2006, 09:51 PM   #24
TimeTraveler
2014 JK Wrangler 

The following link (hope this works) is from a German Auto News show. The Compass is not rock crawling, just getting into the mud.

http://auto-presse.de/newssys/video/...p?newsid=13621

I have no reason today, to take the Compass off road for fun, but I expect over time, I'll be forced to venture out and into the ditches. Depending on the winter, my driveway gets snowed in, and the only route out is across the yard and thourgh the ditch.

If the link does not work, let me know. I have the video downloaded also.

GEO
Unread 10-17-2006, 01:37 AM   #25
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The link works just fine, THANKS!

No, it's not a rock crawler but Jeep never said that it was. It's just that, because it's a Jeep, everybody expects it to be. I can accept it handling mud, sludge, snow, ruts and some camp roads simply because it also does the road, gas mileage and comfort so well and that's what it's for most of the time.

Mine IS a DD, grocery getter or what ever you want to call it, but ask me if I really care what someone else thinks about MY car. If they don't like it, don't buy it. Yes my car wears army boots, so what? And very nice Army boots at that.

Last edited by Gramps; 10-17-2006 at 03:47 AM..
Unread 10-18-2006, 02:18 AM   #26
HEAPXJ

Oh dear lord help us.
Unread 10-25-2006, 10:54 PM   #27
bombadillo

well, go up some hills maybe, but all in all, for a highway cruiser and being able to drive in the sand, more power to ya!
93 white wrangler, warn rock crawler bumper w/guard, custom rear bumper, warn lights, superlift 3.5" suspension lift, Lift shackles rear, (Soon to be front too) crappy shocks, 32x11.50 BFG MT's on eagle alloy 10 hole wheels, Swaybars and track bars removed. H4 conversion headlights, Hi-Lift ghetto mounted, Header from above ^^ and other goodies.
Unread 11-08-2006, 02:21 PM   #28
emeyerriecks

Well at least jeep was around for 60 years. Too bad it couldn't have lasted a bit longer.
2000 TJ, 4" lift, triangulated rear, D60, 2.5L (heck yeah!), 33x14.50 Boggers
1953 M100 trailer
Unread 11-13-2006, 12:47 PM   #29
IWantAGladiator
2008 JK Wrangler 

that was the gayest video I have ever seen. If a bunch of fella's from san fran jumped out in boyshorts and leather vests and started to go at each other, it wouldnt have been more gay.
Unread 11-13-2006, 07:56 PM   #30
Jerry All-Bran

Man, watched that damn video thinkin Thug Nasty would have fallen out of the Compass somehow.....
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.