Jeep Compass Karaoke! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Jeep Compass Karaoke!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-23-2006, 04:15 PM   #46
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTraveler
Gramps, just a quick side note:

2007 Jeep Compass Accessories

P/N: 05015636AB Locking Gas Cap

GEO

Geo,
Ya, thanks! It's in the Compass accessories thread that we've got. The good news is since I'm not in Tucson I probably won't need it. Maybe for the next trip down.

Last edited by Gramps; 10-23-2006 at 04:41 PM..
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2006, 10:06 PM   #47
JeepInfoCenter

2007 Jeep Compass

Hello all,

Prior to exiting this thread, if anyone happens to have any questions regarding the all-new 2007 Jeep Compass, 2007 Jeep Wrangler or Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-door, feel free to post. I would be more than glad to be of assistance.

Regards,

Miguel M.
JeepInfoCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2006, 03:48 PM   #48
TimeTraveler
2014 JK Wrangler 

Miguel

Thanks for the opportunity. I have a Compass Limited 5 speed on order. You may have seen this in a previous thread. The dealership has informed me that the Compass is on Factory Hold due to a problem encountered with the 5 speed transmissions. This also affected the Caliber.

Could you please advise, as the dealer has not been able to give me any additional info in weeks.

Thanks

Georges
TimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2006, 04:50 PM   #49
JeepInfoCenter

2007 Jeep Compass

Hello Georges,

Although we do not possess any solidified information as to the cause of the hold, we can only speculate the reasoning behind it. That specific transmission is made by a sub-contracted company that may be experiencing some quality assurance issues with a particular component. However, I cannot go out on a limb and confirm such information as this may very well not be the case. At this point, what I would certainly suggest would be to contact the DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance Center and provide them with your Vehicle Order Number or 'VON' - if you do not already possess this number, your dealership can definitely provide you with yours. This department would be better suited to address this concern for you and may also be able to inform you, with better accuracy, where the cause for the hold stems from.

DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance Center
1-800-992-1997
(M-F 8AM-5PM ET)

If you happen to have any other questions, feel free to post.

I'll be around.

Miguel M.
JeepInfoCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2006, 12:48 PM   #50
BGYJ

F-the compass
BGYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2006, 12:54 PM   #51
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGYJ
F-the compass

Another genius.

Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2006, 12:58 PM   #52
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Yea, I remember when I had my first beer.
Unread 10-30-2006, 02:21 PM   #53
BGYJ

I knew I’d get flamed for that

Don’t take offence, just my opinion.

Chrysler has plenty of avenues to bring urban, mall crawling, ***-wagons (gay bobble-headed dolls) into the market.

Why tarnish the jeep name with this crap?

What exactly is Chrysler competing with? The Dodge Caliber? That’s the only thing I see on the market that looks like this thing. What exactly is the point here? Chrysler feels the need to one up them-selves?

I kind of understood the Liberty. (Forgive me God) With the Honda CRV and Pilot, Toyota Rav4, and other small SUV’s on the market, it kind-of made sense that the company that brought you the first SUV tap into that market. But what market is the Compass for? All I can think of is men in tights.

I am guessing you will not see employee pricing on these new love machines. Instead the commercials will say, “Free Sher compilation with purchase.”
Unread 10-30-2006, 02:36 PM   #54
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
I knew I’d get flamed for that

Don’t take offence, just my opinion.
I'd hardly call that flaming.

And you didn't get it because of your opinion, but because you chose to express it in such a juvinile way with absolutely no explanation or back-up for why you would feel so inanely simple about it.

Quote:
Chrysler has plenty of avenues to bring urban, mall crawling, ***-wagons (gay bobble-headed dolls) into the market.

Why tarnish the jeep name with this crap?

What exactly is Chrysler competing with? The Dodge Caliber? That’s the only thing I see on the market that looks like this thing. What exactly is the point here? Chrysler feels the need to one up them-selves?
Jeez, with what is it competing. I'm shocked that you're so ignorant of it, especially since you so succinctly named it "***-wagon." Everyone knows that Subaru's are THE "***-wagon" of choice.

But to name a few more competitors, I'd also include the CR-V, the Rav-4 (though with the larger size and available V6 it's moving out of that category), arguably, at least from a price point the small Suzuki SUV.

Quote:
I kind of understood the Liberty. (Forgive me God) With the Honda CRV and Pilot, Toyota Rav4, and other small SUV’s on the market, it kind-of made sense that the company that brought you the first SUV tap into that market. But what market is the Compass for? All I can think of is men in tights.
I think you're blurring marketing lines here, I haven't read the new specs on the CR-V, but it was a 4-cyl only, cute-ute with no towing capacity (i.e. 1000 lbs or 1500 lbs) at least before the redesign, so I hardly would have counted that as a Libery competitor. The Pilot on the other hand, with available seating for 7 is more a Jeep GC/Commander competitor than the Liberty.

Hell, even the RAV4 with it's new available 7-passenger seating is blurring the lines.

So why the Compass?

I cannot believe you are that ignorant to see the forrest through the trees.

It wins HANDS DOWN on

Price point vs. equippment with gas mileage. Potentially a lucrative market and more importantly, one that Jeep was completely failing to tap.

Corporate health is measured in multiple ways. Not just Daimler, not just Chrysler, but by the solvency of Jeep itself.

Quote:
I am guessing you will not see employee pricing on these new love machines. Instead the commercials will say, “Free Sher compilation with purchase.”
Perhaps the dumbest thing you added to this thread, well or it would be, if you didn't consider that you'd somehow stumbled on the correct fact (that you will not see employee pricing for some time). You act as if a lack of deep discounts on a vehicle that is already priced competitively is a good thing?

Unread 10-30-2006, 02:45 PM   #55
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Here's a link to maybe help answer some of your questions:

http://www.allpar.com/model/jeep/compass.html

As far as me wearing tights? Well it is Halloween and I have no doubts about my masculinity and neither do the wife, kids and grand kids.

Look at it another way. We like then because they fit our driving needs. The Jeep name plate is icing on the cake. The value for what you get is far above anything else on the market.
Unread 10-30-2006, 03:31 PM   #56
BGYJ

Since I made comment on a vehicle and then comments were made toward me, yes I would call that flaming. Perfect for someone in a flamers vehicle. The jeep info guy asked for comments and I gave him one.

Do you know why all of those vehicles have gone to more seating and larger engines? The companies realized that there was a reason why Geo failed. People want some room when they travel. What’s the point of getting 24 miles to the gallon if the trip makes you claustrophobic?

“Price point vs. equippment with gas mileage. Potentially a lucrative market and more importantly, one that Jeep was completely failing to tap.”

Of course they failed in this market, no one in the world has ever expected jeep in that market.
It brings me back to the same question I had, why tarnish the jeep name with this crap? If jeep doesn’t have a vehicle that works, fix the ones you have. They could have made the liberty a more gas friendly vehicle. They could have made the wrangler a more gas friendly vehicle.

Or better yet, they could have made the XJ a more gas friendly vehicle.

They didn’t need to compete with the Saturn Vue. Who the hell wants a Saturn Vue? Do we really need more Kia look-a-likes?

Jeep has never really taped into the ¾ ton market. Why not it? It seams to be just as smart as running a perfectly good image in the ground?

Jeep info guy is right. Jeep will continue to be known as an off-road company, but not by the true jeep fans. I believe Jeep is showing its hand as far as the future is concerned. I don’t believe jeep will ever truly cater to the off-road world.

That article calls out the Rubicon to be a reason to show Jeep is not completely tossing what it was built on. That’s a load of crap. Since we are all so cost conscience these days, why not just buy a stock Jeep and use that extra money to create an even more capable Jeep. Selectable lockers, 31’s, and 44s don’t add up to $7,000. I’ll admit it was a huge step in the right direction, and if I saw a used one, at the right price, I’d jump on it, but staying with the off-road enthusiast market, please.

The article also points out that the compass is a contender to the Subaru rally cars. Go rally your compass and see how well it does.

There were other ways that Jeep could have taped this market without hurting its image.
Unread 10-30-2006, 04:09 PM   #57
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I don't argue with fools. Your mind is made up and whatever is you think is not going to be changed by any of us "flamers" in the Compass forums, which brings me to ask, "why are you here?" I think we all know the answer to that.

As far as feeling claustrophobic, I've got over 7K miles on mine with a 4K round trip during that period. It's hardly cramped.

Last edited by Gramps; 10-30-2006 at 04:28 PM..
Unread 10-31-2006, 07:05 AM   #58
Kev M
2012 WK 

Gramps, I don't mind arguing with fools, but when they're completely intellectually disarmed it is kinda like shooting fish in a proverbial barrel.

Quote:
Since I made comment on a vehicle and then comments were made toward me, yes I would call that flaming. Perfect for someone in a flamers vehicle. The jeep info guy asked for comments and I gave him one.

Quote:
Do you know why all of those vehicles have gone to more seating and larger engines? The companies realized that there was a reason why Geo failed. People want some room when they travel. What’s the point of getting 24 miles to the gallon if the trip makes you claustrophobic?
Geo failed? OMG, you might want to take a closer look at automotive marketing before making inane comments like that.

Let's see, Geo's products included a rebadged Suzuki Sidekick, essentially a model still in production (albeit evolved a bit), and that sold very well for both brands and a rebaged Toyota Corolla (one of Toyota's all-time best-sellers and also did well for Chevy).

Ok, the rebadged Isuzu car didn't do so well, but then again, neither did ANY Isuzu car, as they have all been gone for a decade or so, and the trucks (even the bigger ones) will be going soon too.

Chevy ended the Geo thing because they thought they now had a better marketing position against small imports and could compete with their own badge on those types of products (like the Aveo).

So you not only incorrectly think that Geo was a failure, you ALSO think that small cars/trucks are not selling? Hello? Scion, Fit, Yarus, which are all even smaller than the tremendously popular Civic, Focus, GTI/Beetle. Heck BMW has sold more than double the expected number of Mini's in this country since their debut in 2002, by all measure another success story. I also see plenty of CR-Vs, Elements, older Rav4s etc.

Sorry, but your facts and logic are both seriously flawed.

Quote:
“Price point vs. equipment with gas mileage. Potentially a lucrative market and more importantly, one that Jeep was completely failing to tap.”

Of course they failed in this market, no one in the world has ever expected jeep in that market.
Hey STUNAD. I didn't say Jeep had "failed in the market" I said they'd "failed to tap" the market. I.E. they'd hadn't TRIED TO SELL A VEHICLE IN THAT SEGMENT, a growing and potentially lucrative segment.

My point, which was so breathtakingly simple I cannot believe you missed it, was that Jeep has an opportunity with the Compass to penetrate into a different market segment, which means important things to the company bottom line and ability to bring other vehicles to market.

Quote:
It brings me back to the same question I had, why tarnish the jeep name with this crap? If jeep doesn’t have a vehicle that works, fix the ones you have. They could have made the liberty a more gas friendly vehicle. They could have made the wrangler a more gas friendly vehicle. Or better yet, they could have made the XJ a more gas friendly vehicle.
Well, "tarnish" the Jeep name is an emotional argument not a logical one. Since even the vast majority of Jeep owners will never take their vehicles off road it's kinda stupid to assume that simply by building a vehicle designed for road usage will somehow "tarnish" the brand image. The brand image will continue to be determined by both the lion share of the "trail rated" products, the marketing and the build-quality and overall happiness of Jeep owners. No harm in bringing new, road only owners into the fold, as long as you keep them happy.

I do however concur with one of your points. They COULD make the Libby and Wrangler more gas friendly, or, more to the point, they could make them both DIESEL and therefore more "economical." They did with the Libby, with mixed but mostly positive results. They sell both as diesels in other parts of the world. I think that should be a long term strategy here if gas prices stay high and if the reformulated fuels and newer diesel vehicles make them more attractive to American consumers. I'm at least optimistic about all this.

Quote:
They didn’t need to compete with the Saturn Vue. Who the hell wants a Saturn Vue? Do we really need more Kia look-a-likes?

Jeep has never really taped into the ¾ ton market. Why not it? It seams to be just as smart as running a perfectly good image in the ground?
Again, you prove that you are not paying any attention to the automotive market.

The big 3 domestic manufacturers are all in serious financial trouble, GM and Ford being in the worst shape. Why? Well, that's a long story, but keep in mind that GM and Ford have pretty much forgotten how to design, build and market cars that people want. Their tenuous profitability over the past few years has been based almost solely on full-size trucks and things like the 3/4 ton market. Unfortunately that market has come CRASHING down around them with post-Katrina fuel prices.

They're getting a temporary reprieve right now with lower crude prices, but at the same time Toyota and Honda have been making inroads to their last bastion of safety (marketing large SUVs and Trucks). While at the same time the imports continue to handily make money on small cars and SUVs. The domestic manufacturers need to learn how to do this to stay in business.
Unread 11-01-2006, 10:41 PM   #59
JeepCJfan

LOL this thread is brutal.

Hey Miguel,

Here is my opinion on how Jeep can be successful, once the Patriot arrives there will be no need for the Compass, so end production of the Compass , and focus all of your efforts at marketing the fuel efficient worthy entry level Patriot.

As for the Patriot, make all stock Patriots look like the one with the black Grill and wheels at SEMA, or better yet, offer that EXACT Sema edition Patriot as a top tier edition, sort of like the Rubicon for the Wrangler.

SEMA Patriot: http://www.4x4uk.org/b2evolution/media/sema_ppp_450.jpg

Last edited by JeepCJfan; 11-01-2006 at 10:56 PM..
JeepCJfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2006, 06:24 AM   #60
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCJfan
As for the Patriot, make all stock Patriots look like the one with the black Grill and wheels at SEMA, or better yet, offer that EXACT Sema edition Patriot as a top tier edition, sort of like the Rubicon for the Wrangler.

HOLY CRAP!!! THAT'S SWEET!!!!!!!

Kev

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.