Jeep Compass Karaoke! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Jeep Compass Karaoke!

ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 09-17-2006, 09:36 PM   #31
JeepInfoCenter

2007 Jeep Compass

Hello again guys,

Well, if anyone happens to have any other questions/comments regarding the all-new 2007 Jeep Compass, feel free to post. I would be more than happy to be of assistance. As I mentioned previously, any feedback is appreciated; positive or negative. In addition, if anyone happens to have any suggestions that they would like to be heard on a higher level, I strongly encourage you to visit the DaimlerChrysler Outside Suggestions Office website at the address provided below.

DaimlerChrysler Corporation Outside Suggestions Office Web Site (OSOW):
http://www.osow.daimlerchrysler.com/osow

Unsolicited Suggestions from non-employees must pertain to new or improved Passenger Car or LightTruck Product, Component or System Features,
Manufacturing Methods, or Related Technologies. Outside Suggestions are only accepted through this Web Site. (A Policy and Terms Agreement must be submitted with the Suggestion. Contact Info and the Suggestion must be submitted on-line.)

Regards,

Miguel M.

JeepInfoCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2006, 04:00 AM   #32
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Take a look at my first posting under "Compass Owner Review" for what I consider to be pros and cons. You can add to the list more convenient cup holders and ash tray to the list. I know that the whole damn world wants us to quit smoking but to hide the ash tray way out of site so that you have to take your eyes off the road to use it and maybe getting killed in a car wreck is NOT the preferred method on how to quit!

Some additions: anti-theft gas tank and a separate tail gate and window but that would cause a problem with the premium sound system.

And since you are the Jeep Info Center, how about some information on running different wheels, tires (snow/sand), and pressure sensors with the Tire Pressue Monitoring system.

The owners manual doesn't have any information on the automatic adjusting rear view mirror either. The button in the center turns the left side green light on and off, what's the difference? And what is the right side little window thingy for in the same button set up?

Last edited by Gramps; 09-18-2006 at 06:42 AM..
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2006, 05:02 AM   #33
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev M
DJ,

I've been comparing a lot of vehicles in this segment kinda hardcore for a month or two now.

The Rav-4 is the ONLY one that comes CLOSE to the fuel mileage COUPLED WITH a tow rating of 2k or better.

The RAV-4 does better than the Compass on tow rating because of the available V6 which, ironically, gets pretty much as good mileage as their 4, because of the extra gear in the transmission.

And if money were not an issue I'd buy the RAV-4, hands down.

HOWEVER, if you want the toys (heated leather seats etc) then the RAV-4 suddenly prices at $30-35, when I've already been offered an equivalent Compass for $22,800.

Pretty damn big difference.

And an important one.

We all have our own priorities.

Mine are

AWD
at least 2k towing capacity (small boat)
Best fuel economy I can get my hands on
LOADED with options - meaning at minimum heated leather seats, sunroof, decent stereo.

Then there are other things.

Windows in the back that roll ALL THE WAY DOWN! Thank God for Jeep, cause a LOT of other manufacturers (from Chevy to Subaru) don't do this and it drives me nuts.

Anyway, it doesn't surprise me that not too many people are going to cross shop a Compass and a Wrangler. But just the fact that people are cross shopping a Compass and a Rav-4, or Vue or ???? is a good thing.

Again, I think Jeep is drawing from an additional market segment that way.

so why go with the Compass over the Rav-4 - the PRICE for one loaded with amenities is hard to beat.
Kev M,
I'm in total agreement with you. Since I didn't get the factory "trailer prep" and I don't own a camp trailer yet I'm looking at the little Alite 400 that weighs in at 350 lbs and maybe a little poly or aluminum dingy to just get me off shore that I can mount on top of the pop-up. And the "Sport Racks" I think are a must have.

I priced everything on the market too and nothing out there came close for the price with all of the "goodies". Fact of the matter is, except saving up for the new Challenger, this could very well be the last new "car" that I buy. I also put a lot of faith in it being a Jeep when I made my decision.

Life is good!
Unread 09-19-2006, 07:14 AM   #34
Kev M
2012 WK 

Our boat is small, but it's NOT THAT small. I'm not lifting it onto any racks anytime soon...

Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2006, 07:21 AM   #35
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Nice set up Kev. I wouldn't want to part with it either.
Unread 09-19-2006, 07:48 AM   #36
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampsmopar
Nice set up Kev. I wouldn't want to part with it either.

I was thinking of getting rid of it because we just don't have much time for it these days.

But I got a resounding NO from the rest of the family. Wife was leading the charge to keep it.

So I'm not *****in'

Hopefully the Compass can handle towing it occassionally if we sell the XJ.

I've advertised the XJ on a couple of BBs and Craigslist and got some calls. But if it doesn't sell, I'll just wait a little longer and try to save up the downpayment for a Compass.

If that happens, we'll just keep the XJ AND buy a Compass too.

Kev
Unread 09-19-2006, 05:19 PM   #37
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Sounds like pretty close to a perfect world to me.

First time I've ever had heated seats. Turned them on today. How WONDERFL and a little kinky. They're great! Guess I've been driving beaters too long, maybe I'm easily pleased.
Unread 09-22-2006, 02:59 PM   #38
Mistyfate

The heated seats are really nice. This is my first vehicle with leather (which i was weary about...i've always preferred cloth - since i would never burn or freeze my butt off) but surprisingly...the seats are not firey hot in the summertime...altho they are noticably warmer...

and it isnt quite winter yet...but the seats are heated so who really cares...

the mornings in jersey have been colder recently...and it is nice to warm my rump up first thing in the morning! :P
Mistyfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2006, 08:37 AM   #39
Kev M
2012 WK 

Once you have heated seats it's tough to go back to a vehicle without em.

They freakin' rock when you come off a night of skiing in 0 degree weather!!!!
Unread 10-09-2006, 05:14 PM   #40
JeepInfoCenter

Jeep Compass Karaoke!

Hello all,

I would like to thank everyone who provided feedback regarding the all-new 2007 Jeep Compass. It is always a pleasure to speak to Jeep enthusiasts. As I mentioned in my previous post, if you guys happen to have any questions regarding the all-new 2007 Jeep Compass, feel free to post.

I'll be around.

Cheers,

Miguel M.
Unread 10-09-2006, 05:25 PM   #41
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Miguel M

We've had questions about snow tires/tire presure sensors and the auto dim rear vue mirror and no responce on those. I haven't seen many answers from the JeepInfoCenter. Are you just collecting data or are you offering help?
Unread 10-17-2006, 01:04 PM   #42
JeepInfoCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampsmopar
Take a look at my first posting under "Compass Owner Review" for what I consider to be pros and cons. You can add to the list more convenient cup holders and ash tray to the list. I know that the whole damn world wants us to quit smoking but to hide the ash tray way out of site so that you have to take your eyes off the road to use it and maybe getting killed in a car wreck is NOT the preferred method on how to quit!

Some additions: anti-theft gas tank and a separate tail gate and window but that would cause a problem with the premium sound system.

And since you are the Jeep Info Center, how about some information on running different wheels, tires (snow/sand), and pressure sensors with the Tire Pressue Monitoring system.

The owners manual doesn't have any information on the automatic adjusting rear view mirror either. The button in the center turns the left side green light on and off, what's the difference? And what is the right side little window thingy for in the same button set up?
Hello grampsmopar,

I certainly apologize for the oversight. In regards to your first question: running different wheels outside of what the vehicle came standard with from the manufacturer is not recommended. My best suggestion for you would be to contact a qualified Service or Parts Representative at one of your local Jeep dealerships for further assistance. There may be a way to increase the size of your tires without voiding your warranty, however, we have not received any information indicating this.

Secondly, the button in the center is for the UConnect Hands-Free Communication System. Your vehicle may have had this installed at the manufacturer and the dealership may not have informed you of this. I would strongly recommend to verify with your dealership to check for compatibility in your vehicle.

Again, I apologize for the delayed response. If you happen to have any additional comments/questions, feel free to post. I would be more than happy to be of assistance.

Cheers,

Miguel M.
Unread 10-17-2006, 01:23 PM   #43
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Thanks Miguel M. for replying. I don't believe that I have the UConnect option, I'll need to check.

Maybe someone would like to start a clean thread for "Questions to JeepInfoCenter" and we could post only serious questions there instead of some of the opinionated redundant stuff that we've all seen. I'm sure that it would help to consolidate your efforts to answering real concerns.
Unread 10-23-2006, 03:38 PM   #44
JeepInfoCenter

2007 Jeep Compass

grampsmopar,

That would definitely be a great idea. However, we, at the Jeep Information Center, appreciate any forms of feedback; positive or negative. This in addition to answering any specific questions like yours regarding the vehicle in question. We consider both forms of communication to be quite important. Although if you would like to commence a thread geared strictly toward concerns of your nature, by all means, let me know. I will certainly remain active within both threads. Once again, if you happen to have any other questions/comments, feel free to post.

I'll be around.

Cheers,

Miguel M.
Unread 10-23-2006, 03:49 PM   #45
TimeTraveler
2014 JK Wrangler 

side note

Gramps, just a quick side note:

2007 Jeep Compass Accessories

P/N: 05015636AB Locking Gas Cap

GEO
TimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.