Jeep Compass Karaoke! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Jeep Compass Karaoke!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-30-2006, 06:36 PM   #1
JeepInfoCenter

Jeep Compass Karaoke!

Hello all!

My name is Miguel and I’m a Marketing Representative with the Jeep Information Center. Do you all remember the “me-decade”? With its leg warmers, the Rubix cube, break-dancing, pop music, The Smurfs, Indiana Jones, The Breakfast Club, Rocky Balboa was in his prime, Cabbage Patch Kids, the phrase “Wax on, wax off” had a profound meaning; the list could go on for pages! Now, you may be asking yourself: “What does the new era of Jeep and the 80’s have in common?!”

Well, for all those who were or still are (secretly for some) big fans of the 80’s, you can re-live some of those moments by singing your heart out in a karaoke session available to you through the Jeep Compass Karaoke web page! We encourage you to visit the web site for an interactive ‘studio’ session. In addition, you can create an electronic character to accompany your recording.

Jeep Compass Karaoke

If you happen to have any questions regarding the Jeep Compass Karaoke web page or the all-new 2007 Jeep Compass, feel free to reply. Or you can contact the Jeep Information Center via the phone number provided below:

To anyone who checks it out, I hope you enjoy the site!

Miguel M.

JeepInfoCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2006, 06:46 PM   #2
llpistonsll

I was born in 1990

Does that mean that I cant get a compass
llpistonsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2006, 03:07 PM   #3
Cause

Does the CompASS come with a bag to wear over your head when driving it? Sure wouldn't want any JEEP freinds seeing me in it.

Last edited by Cause; 08-31-2006 at 03:17 PM..
Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2006, 03:41 PM   #4
JeepFreak91

Quote:
Originally Posted by llpistonsll
I was born in 1990

Does that mean that I cant get a compass
I was born in 1991
JeepFreak91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2006, 10:20 PM   #5
Texan4life
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Dan tried this in the General Discussion section and it was a train wreck. It was fun to watch though.
Unread 09-01-2006, 04:24 AM   #6
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.7 MJ
Does the CompASS come with a bag to wear over your head when driving it? Sure wouldn't want any JEEP freinds seeing me in it.

There comes a point in your life, when you're truly secure with who you are and you buy a vehicle NOT for what your friends might think when they see you in it, but for how it performs what you need it to do (and how much you enjoy it).

That said, I can understand why try off-roaders wouldn't care for a Compass. It just doesn't PERFORM the way they need it to.
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2006, 09:00 AM   #7
rjt36
2009 JK Wrangler 

It just doesn't perform, period. Plus it looks ridiculous. Why not design a jeep like the ones in the 80s, Miquel?
rjt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2006, 09:15 AM   #8
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjt36
It just doesn't perform, period. Plus it looks ridiculous. Why not design a jeep like the ones in the 80s, Miquel?

What part of "perform" do you not get.

On-road I reckon it performs QUITE WELL in comparison to the whole Jeep line, especially considering the price point.

Looks, those are subjective, like it or not, no biggie.

What exactly do you want from an 80's Jeep in a Compass???
Unread 09-01-2006, 09:34 AM   #9
rjt36
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev M
What part of "perform" do you not get.

On-road I reckon it performs QUITE WELL in comparison to the whole Jeep line, especially considering the price point.

Looks, those are subjective, like it or not, no biggie.

What exactly do you want from an 80's Jeep in a Compass???
Perform: 2wd 'nuff said
Looks: I can't debate that because it's just opinion
80s Jeep: CJ 7/8? Not so much 80's but a better update of the XJ than the Liberty.

Why does Jeep have to yuppie themselves down when they've survived for decades building a niche with consumers? The "young professional who is finally on their own and wants to be hip when they pull up to their favorite martini bar to meet fellow co-workers after a long day of working in their cubicles" should not be the market they need to go after.

Who says you have to compete in every single market? They were the best at what they did; offroad SUVs. Why sacrifice the quality of what you do best and are successful in doing so you can branch out into something you have little or no experience in?
Unread 09-01-2006, 09:58 AM   #10
Kev M
2012 WK 

The problem is ALL YOU are aruing here is taste.

You're certainly not putting any numbers down or quantifying performance, nor are you giving me any sound economic or marketing reasons why Jeep should not go after other customers

Quote:
Perform: 2wd 'nuff said
The quick retort to this would be "AWD, now get over it"

Sure that's not going to "perform" as well for extreme off-roading. But it's still going to meet 90% of Jeep customer's needs.

More importantly, I define "performance" as how well a vehicle accomplishes the tasks for which it was built and for which it was bought.

Buy a Compass primarily for it's off-roadability and you'll surely be disappointed.

Buy it for it's economy, it's on-roadability (especially in dealing with weather), as a DD or grocery getter and you'll quite likely be very pleased.

Quote:
80s Jeep: CJ 7/8? Not so much 80's but a better update of the XJ than the Liberty.
Better how?

Better fuel economy? That's the question on a lot of people's minds these days.

or more ground clearance and breakover angles and???

But how many vehicles will they sell FOR JUST THAT?

Jeep is still a business and the number one priority is probably to stay in business and make money!

Quote:
Why does Jeep have to yuppie themselves down when they've survived for decades building a niche with consumers? The "young professional who is finally on their own and wants to be hip when they pull up to their favorite martini bar to meet fellow co-workers after a long day of working in their cubicles" should not be the market they need to go after.
Now we're back to opinion, but are you going to try and convince me they didn't "yuppie themselves down" when they started putting leather in em?

premium sounds systems and heated leather and ??? (frankly, those are things I value highly in Jeeps, does that make me a Yuppie?)

But WHY shouldn't they go after that market too? That's certainly where the money is.

If they sold ONLY to off-roaders they wouldn't last very long.

Quote:
Who says you have to compete in every single market? They were the best at what they did; offroad SUVs. Why sacrifice the quality of what you do best and are successful in doing so you can branch out into something you have little or no experience in?
Guess you didn't read my reply to this thread:

Why do they need to go after other markets? Cause the EPA will kill em if not. Cafe standards will eventually put a hurting on em if the economy doesn't first.

Otherwise only those yuppies are gonna have the money to buy and fuel em.

And why do you ASSume that they have sacraficed QUALITY.

Off-roadability does NOT equal Quality.

Land Rovers have long been considered among the best of off-road vehicles, but they've been on the bottom of the Quality list for decades.

As for branching out, the vehicle comes from DC and from ties to Mistubishi.

It's marketing, and it offers something a little different than otherwise available from DC or Mistu and it appeals to me as a 2 time Jeep owner, thinking about making myself a 3-peater

Kev
Unread 09-01-2006, 10:06 AM   #11
Kev M
2012 WK 

Let me state for the record, I'm not asking ANYONE TO LIKE the Compass or Patriot.

But just to realize the rolls they play.

or maybe understand what someone else might like in em.

Kev
Unread 09-01-2006, 11:15 AM   #12
rjt36
2009 JK Wrangler 

Good points, in respect to what the Compass was designed for I think that it is successful first attempt. Just read the thread with the Edmund's review and you'll see that it isn't the best at what it does, but I don't really expect it be because Jeep has little experience in a car-crossover SUV.

I guess I'm just disappointed in the direction that Jeep has taken; not only with the Compass, but with almost all of its vehicles. Perhaps it is my taste, but I don't see Jeep as a company trying to put out luxury SUVs (ie the newest GC and the Commander).

The same goes for most auto companies today as well. Has anyone sat in a new F-350 or a Ram 2500? They are supposed to be a work truck, but they're more luxurious than most vehicles I've been in. Don't even get me started on the whole "everything has to have a DVD player" thing either.

So in conclusion to this post, did Jeep do well with the Compass, sure, but only if you look at it as succeeding in what they set out to design, a car/truck for the road only. Did Jeep have to go in that direction? I don't think so. Personally, I would have much rather seen a Jeep pick-up that could compete in the compact pick-up market. In my opinion, I think that better suits Jeep's tradition of making vehicles for the "working man" or the "weekend woodsman." Who knows? Maybe the Compass will be many people's first Jeep and they will desire something that could take them anywhere. That's where the JK steps in.
Unread 09-02-2006, 08:00 AM   #13
Kev M
2012 WK 

I'm totally with you on the side of the Jeep brand that is supposed to be utilitarian.

I too would love to see a compact pickup from Jeep,

But I'm a realist too and I KNOW it is the dollars from the upscale vehicles that is keeping the mark going.

I'm at a point in my life where leather and a DVD (for my little girl) is more important to me than off-roadability.

I'm not in an economic bracket where I can ignore good fuel economy (not as long as my wife is still in school I'm not.

And we can't underestimate the potential impact of EPA/CAFE.

I'm excited for Jeep. More products (as long as they are well done) means more customers and more money. And that is the type of thing which might make more rugged products available as well.

Oh as for "best" in segment, I've been very seriously researching a compact SUV for few months now, hoping to replace my 98 XJ.

The Compass offers "best"

Fuel Economy - by a long run. The only thing that comes close (amazingly is the RAV4 V6 w/ the 5-speed automatic, which is $7k more similarly equipped, or a couple of Subarus which don't quite match the fuel economy and can't be equipped quite as well).

with

Highest towing rating - granted 2k isn't A LOT, but it is pretty good, and nothing with a 4-cyl that I found is rated that high or its fuel economy suffers.

Anyway, the Compass is offering a very nice package at a very attractive price point.

I'm not sure what we're going to do yet, but it certainly seems to be in the lead for us.

Kev

PS - I miss my WJ and WISH I could justify another.
Unread 09-06-2006, 09:52 PM   #14
JeepInfoCenter

Jeep Compass

It's definitely great to read all this feedback regarding the 2007 Jeep Compass. This is certainly the type of response I was looking for. Now, many of you have made some strong points both for and against the vehicle. And I find that the majority of the negative points, although valid, have been made on a subjective basis. Which takes me to my first points.

Everyday as I encounter more and more vehicles, an emerging theme has been resonating with me. Take a vehicle for what it was constructed for. Not only does this apply to it in a mechanical sense, but also in a financial and business sense. Although the intricacies of economics would bore or baffle many, everyone knows what type of effect population demographics, income statistics and rising fuel costs have on the thought process of americans on the look out for a new vehicle.

Sure, Jeep has always been known for its great off-roading capabilities, and will probably continue to be perceived that way for years to come. It's what's made it into somewhat of a 'niche' brand. However, as much as this may be the mindframe, a purely niche oriented brand can suffer in the long run. Now more than ever, there is a need for compact vehicles with utility-inclined features. The compact market is something that Jeep, or DaimlerChrysler for that matter has not spearheaded with models that will really compete. We all know the story of the sad fate of the Dodge Neon. Ever since the Dodge Omni, there hasn't been a DCX compact that has truly been able to compete.

Further, through my many forum travels I've noticed that there's an incessant domestic cry for improvement. Improvement of fuel economy, quality, sales, resale value, brand image. The 2007 Jeep Compass has filled a gap that Jeep enthusiasts were not aware existed. The fuel-economy gap. Coupled with affordability, this vehicle will definitely fare well in the mass market.

At this point, the strongest suggestion I would have would be to objectively review the vehicle. For what it's functions were created for. For it's affordability, it's utililitarian features, it's target market, it's efficiency. Truthfully, it's undeniable that the Wrangler, being the next in line for Jeep in terms of size, is a difficult vehicle to live up to. However, as Jeep has recently embarked upon a vast expansion of vehicles in their lineup, it's brand vehicle spectrum will be more complete and thus, more prominently present the unique differences in each model.

Miguel M.
JeepInfoCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2006, 09:06 PM   #15
DogsJeep

JeepInfoCenter

The outcry for fuel economy does not mean the public wants a box on wheels with a great sound system; most of us want a sporty off-road vehicle that gets good gas mileage and a few new features. I'd be happy with my old 1991 jeep wrangler if it just got better gas mileage. I think jeep is missing the boat, give me a lighter off-road Jeep Wrangler with enough power to get on the highway and on the trails. The old Suzuki Samari (modified) does what jeep has not done. If I can tinker with my old 91 Jeep Wrangler and get 24 mpg hwy. For that matter I know of several old modified CJ's with V8 engines that get 30mpg. Why can't jeep spend some time building a Jeep that has fuel economy, performance and style? I think Jeep just needs to start thinking outside of the box.

As for the Compass,
The Compass just does not do it, bad blind spot, poor overall visibility, and I felt like I was in a coffin, true ground clearance is poor, overall a poor attempt to jump into the RAV4 market. And fuel economy is not consistent. If the Liberty and what's that other jeep, can't do it. Why even try with the Compass. Jeep needs to work on a power plant that fits the Jeep Wrangler and stick with it, and get better gas mileage though new technologies. There are things like Carbon, Fiberglass, Aluminum all blended with steel. If the bicycle industry and fishing industry can use these components for stronger lighter and safer construction why can't the automotive industry?
DogsJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.