Jeep Compass HU "REG" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Jeep Compass HU "REG"

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 12-04-2007, 02:04 AM   #1
lurker15
2007 MK Compass 

Jeep Compass HU "REG"

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to replace my factory HU in my 2007 Jeep Compass for a in-dash monitor/dvd HU

From what i've researched this is what i know i need so far:
Jeep Compass Navigation Bezel (part # 82210667)
CANBUS adaptor (Peripherals CHYAH05)
and my HU (JVC KW-AVX900)

Anyway, my main concern is that on the Peripherals website it states which model facory HU's the adaptor is compatible with. My HU which is a "REG" is not listed, REC, RAQ, RAK and REF are listed as compatible
It's a complete stock HU, doesn't play mp3's, no AUX, no stacker and it's not the premium speakers (i turned the volume up and down rapidly to check for delays) It's pretty much the bottom of the barrel HU from Jeep i think. WILL THIS ADAPTOR STILL WORK?

Can anyone here with a "REG" model HU spread some more light on this issue for me please?

Cheers

lurker15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2007, 09:16 AM   #2
Matthew1785

where did you find these parts from, and are u installing the nav?
Matthew1785 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2007, 05:50 PM   #3
lurker15
2007 MK Compass 

i found information about parts on this very forum.. searching far and wide anything to do with audio/electrical. The HU is just a in-dash cd/dvd player of a double-din size. navigation is something i'm not looking into nor will i ever be, i live in Perth Australia... not the biggest city to get lost in
Petrol 2.4
22 Inch Rims
Unread 12-10-2007, 06:05 PM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Is this the thread?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/fit-different-head-unit-compass-425672/

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2007, 06:20 PM   #5
lurker15
2007 MK Compass 

yep

Except all i really want to know is that will the CANBUS adaptor suit replacement of the REG model factory headunit?
Petrol 2.4
22 Inch Rims
Unread 12-18-2007, 10:49 PM   #6
mdls4
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker15
yep

Except all i really want to know is that will the CANBUS adaptor suit replacement of the REG model factory headunit?
The official response from the vendor of one of the CANBUS adapters, tells me "no" it is not supported. But there a few people out there who have used it and works fine. Not entirely sure if they had the REG though. I do, and am still looking into modifying the stereo - but waiting on more local support here in Australia for aftermarket parts - as i'd rather someone else do the install, so I can have some kind of warranty.
mdls4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.