Jeep Compass - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Jeep Compass

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Closed Thread
Unread 05-30-2006, 08:49 PM   #106
rmacdaddynamara

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Cherokeelmtd
No real Jeeps ended when Chrysler bought the corproration from AMC.

Agree

I know I have a 98 XJ but i do agree. My 87 was an AMC.

4 Peterson 100W Lights on Brushguard
WJ Seats front and rear
[COLOR="Red"]~Cherokee Owner For Life~[/COLOR]
Unread 06-02-2006, 10:52 AM   #107
87warrior
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I believe that the compass is what America needs. It is a step to get the BIG SUV owners out of their gas guzzeling rigs with accually offroad capabililty (meager but its there) into something more efficient with the off-road NAME. We all know the suburbia family with a Z71 Tahoe wont wheel it...but the thought of it tickles them to death. Now they can be more effiecient, buy a Jeep, never take it off-road and still be tickled to death about the vehicle.

DC knows they must keep a competivie wheeler out on the market. Most of the other companies have decent wheelers and DC has to keep up (or stay ahead). Dont fear, the Jeep we all know is not 'dead' mearly evolved (for the good or bad) but it is still here. I think todays rebirth of the station wagon, which is what the compass is, is what needs to replace 95% of SUV's that dont use their wheeling capabilities.
Unread 06-02-2006, 04:10 PM   #108
takefivetakes

my big fear with the entire "they are making this economical car so it sells money and generates profit for them to research the jeeps we want" idea is this... If the 'economical' jeep is making money, why bother researching the jeep that isn't making as much? If they start doing that, DC's focus for Jeep will shift, and whether they keep the wrangler around or not, its not going to improve. *sigh*... And ya know... if Jeep really wanted our support, they know how to get it... start making Jeeps like they used to... and they can start by bringing the XJ back... heheh...
Stock Wheels / Tires
Unread 06-06-2006, 06:43 PM   #109
kenskis
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have an idea, Jeep could make a convertable version, use a turbocharged engine, and call it a Jeepster. I would buy that over a Subaru
()_)-()_)--o-)_)
Red 03 TJ sport l OME lift l ARB's front & rear l 4.11 gears l 32X11.50" MTR's l Nth Degree Tummy Tucker l SYE & CV l Nth Degree Dana 44 slider l Nth Degree Oil Pan Skid l JKS adjustable front track bar l KC slimlights l Rock Rails l IPF H4 headlights l Dynamat
Unread 06-07-2006, 09:28 AM   #110
mendelmax
2004 WJ 

You mean this?
POLISH JEEP OWNERS CLUB #11

Anyway, nothing will beat Suzuki :D
Unread 06-07-2006, 01:19 PM   #111
kenskis
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendelmax
You mean this?
Not to hijack...but yes I'm familar with that Jeepster, and the Jeepsters shown here: http://oldcarandtruckpictures.com/Jeeps/

However, I've never seen one of these before http://www.conceptcars.it/usa/xj001.htm which is also shown above, along with the classic Jeeps

edit: look here for more weird jeeps http://130.15.62.164/cj3b/Factory/FactoryDesign.html
()_)-()_)--o-)_)
Red 03 TJ sport l OME lift l ARB's front & rear l 4.11 gears l 32X11.50" MTR's l Nth Degree Tummy Tucker l SYE & CV l Nth Degree Dana 44 slider l Nth Degree Oil Pan Skid l JKS adjustable front track bar l KC slimlights l Rock Rails l IPF H4 headlights l Dynamat

Last edited by kenskis; 06-07-2006 at 02:02 PM..
Unread 06-12-2006, 11:13 AM   #112
txjeep03tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendelmax
Well, according to what you said, it seems, that there is no future and chance for profit for brands like ferrari, porsche etc. There are not many places to drive these cars, so who will buy them? They should consider making small, fuel efficient city cars, with diesel engines, right? And their brand image will not suffer if they would make cars for everyone, without any advantages?
Well, to be honest... YOU ARE WRONG Sorry

Thanks for reading my post and keeping an open mind and not letting your one sided OPINION get in the way. Notice the question mark at the end of the sentence, that meant it was a point for possible discussion, not some fact i was making *******. And you comparing jeep and ferrari just shows how WRONG YOU ARE Sorry
Unread 06-14-2006, 02:00 PM   #113
gerrynjr
2007 JK Wrangler 

I see it this way, if jeep has one on road car to bump up its average MPG so as to adhere to government regulations, fine. The real issue comes when/if jeep begins to do a plymouth imitation. ie. rebadged marketing...
Unread 06-26-2006, 08:58 PM   #114
kenskis
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Inside line review: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=115901
()_)-()_)--o-)_)
Unread 06-27-2006, 06:56 AM   #115
hyedipin

Jeep MK

Here are a few more shots:

Link Large

Link 2 Snowy

Review and first impressions: http://www.auto123.com/en/info/news/...py?artid=63972
2004 KJ LTD Black, For sale: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f153/...-trac-1277711/77k miles, 16.3 mpg, clear turn signals, Black euro taillights installed, window air deflectors, kenwood x590 headunit, premium factory sound system, 17" limited clad rims, Nokian Vatiiva A/T tires, tinted fronts, flowmaster 50 SUV series,
Unread 07-02-2006, 09:46 AM   #116
UnDeR EsTiMaTeD

I'm really starting to get tired of the plastic look of Jeeps and most SUVs today. When SUVs first came out, they were rugged for on and off-road use and chrome bumpers. They could take a beating and still run like a champ. I don't think you could say that today. What ever happened to the true meaning of an SUV? They were your sport utility vehicles.

I don't know what today's SUVs can be called, but they're not real SUVs. The sad part is, I dislike H2/H3s, but they have more of an SUV look than most others today and I'd probably buy an H2 over another Jeep.
Unread 07-02-2006, 11:23 AM   #117
exc911ence

What I don't understand is why they're building both the Compass and the Patriot when they're the same vehicle underneath. I like the Patriot, to me, it looks like an evolution of the Cherokee even if it's smaller and more car-like than any XJ ever was. The styling of the Compass is unfortunate at best, ugly at its worst so why choose it over its twin? I liked the Compass-concept car when it was Liberty-based and seemed like a good replacement for the KJ, but the Dodge Caliber based production car leaves me cold and a little confused.

So for those considering the Compass, have you looked at the Patriot as well?
Unread 07-02-2006, 08:19 PM   #118
pbrutsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by exc911ence
So for those considering the Compass, have you looked at the Patriot as well?
Rhetorical question: Why does Subaru the Forrester and the Ouback?

Rhetorical answer: The same reason why DCX will make the Compass and the Patriot.

Last edited by pbrutsch; 07-03-2006 at 08:09 PM..
Unread 07-03-2006, 06:45 PM   #119
mealso

Just read today that they hve 10,000 dealer orders for the Compass allready
Plus the Caliber orders around 48,000 This plant is going to be so busy by the time they start the Patriot they will need another plant.
Unread 07-03-2006, 08:19 PM   #120
pbrutsch

The Caliber is one of DCXs best selling vehicles at the moment and the Compass and Patriot will just add to that trend.

mealso, that particular plant can produce almost several hundred thousand vehicles per year. They're planning making on almost 400,000 Calibers between introduction (Jan '06) and Aug 2007 (when the 2008 models show up), so it'll definitely be a money-maker for 'em.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.