Jeep Compass - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Jeep Compass

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Closed Thread
Unread 05-13-2006, 11:34 AM   #91
mendelmax
2004 WJ 

Yeap, this is why we like OLD Jeep, not the NEW ones. Jeep was reliable thanks to it's simplicity. Now, they have many useless gadgets. The only thing they did is destroying the brand image. burtonsnowman is right- jeep can't compete with subaru etc. with traction control systems, parameters and onroad performance. It's just impossible. But he can win the competition of car that is bulletproof. Than can go through really bad terrain. Show me the terrain, where compass will go, and where Outback/forester/crosswagon/RAV4 etc stuck. Also, show me road, where Compass will be better than these ones. I'm sorry, there are things that cannot be made. Jeep should be jeep and earn a lot of money on good, simple vehicles that have still many fans. If they'll start competing with japan or european cars on their rules- they will loose. Simple.

POLISH JEEP OWNERS CLUB #11

Anyway, nothing will beat Suzuki :D
Unread 05-14-2006, 09:28 AM   #92
burtonsnowman
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendelmax
Yeap, this is why we like OLD Jeep, not the NEW ones. Jeep was reliable thanks to it's simplicity. Now, they have many useless gadgets. The only thing they did is destroying the brand image. burtonsnowman is right- jeep can't compete with subaru etc. with traction control systems, parameters and onroad performance. It's just impossible. But he can win the competition of car that is bulletproof. Than can go through really bad terrain. Show me the terrain, where compass will go, and where Outback/forester/crosswagon/RAV4 etc stuck. Also, show me road, where Compass will be better than these ones. I'm sorry, there are things that cannot be made. Jeep should be jeep and earn a lot of money on good, simple vehicles that have still many fans. If they'll start competing with japan or european cars on their rules- they will loose. Simple.
Exactly. Subaru has 35 years of experience in the US - being the best at what they do. Jeep has had over 60 years being the best at what they do. Jeep should focus on improving what they got, not messing with other markets where they can't compete.
"Six in a row makes it go"
...and a driveway full of Subarus...
Unread 05-15-2006, 04:41 PM   #93
ProjectXJRescue

Same to you buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokinout
Let's face it, guys. Yes, it's true that real jeeps aren't bought, they're made, DC is taking the jeeps that we all started off with and disrespecting it. The day of the solid axle under any suv is almost over. It pains me to say this, but we're the minority of the consumers and we have no civil rights activist fighting for us. I will have to rebuild and rebuild everything on my jeep so that I may keep driving it until I'm old and grey. Now, as for these new vehicles, THOSE PIECES OF **** DO NOT EVER DESERVE TO BE CALLED A JEEP. THIS IS SOMETHING I WOULD HAVE EXPECTED SOMEONE LIKE TOYOTA TO COME OUT WITH!!!! People that are new are coming on here and going oh, I like that. That's a shame. I can't stand people that are going oh, when I get out of college, I want a jeep with high gas mileage and the ride of a stupid IFS. To you I say what the hell ever.
You say the hell ever to people like me who wants to purchase a compass huh? Do you know anything about me, or why I would want to purchase a compass? First of all I have an 89 XJ that I love more then anything in the world and have plans to make it one trail worthy rig as fast my budget allows. I love the fact that it has the selec-trac t-case so I have the best of 4HI in F/t & P/t as well as 4Lo and 4N so I can tow the rig with out damaging anything. I will leave my fiance before I get rid of the XJ. Its my first vehicle, and I plan to own it the rest of my life even it means like you i must rebuild it over and over again. Now as far as the Compass goes yeah I am planning to buy one later this summer when it comes out (Check jeep.com you can already build & price them). Its an affordable SUV that is affordable, comes with 4x4, has the capability to meet my family's current and probably future needs as well. I am also buying it in the hopes that the Compass has the same dependability, durabiltiy and reliability that my XJ has. I am not buying it to take it on the Rubicon Trail, I know the compass while able to handle green trails at best is not ment to go off-roading like my XJ can or a wrangler can. I know this, again i am buying it for the name, affordability and fact that its meets my families needs. Simple as that, nothing more, nothing less.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night, because of rough men who stand ready to commit violence on their behalf"
Unread 05-16-2006, 02:15 PM   #94
raysnutt18
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i don't like what they did to the '07 wrangler let alone the compass
Unread 05-20-2006, 02:35 PM   #95
txjeep03tj

i remember what everybody said about the TJ when it came out.
explain to me how just because a car has the name jeep on it that means it should be able to climb a mountain. i like the compass and if i was looking for a new car would consider purchasing one. also i would like someone to expain to me with facts, not their opinions, how coming out with a new car model means the end of all the other models?
can jeep keep making only off road capable vehicles with the government going crazy trying to close land to OHV use and still be a money making car company?
i remember reading when they anounced the compass they said they were going to stop making the wrangler, oh wait nevermind, THEY DIDNT SAY ANYTHING LIKE IT.

also for those of you who said it is a plastic toy and the rescue is the answer, what do you think the rescue is made up of mostly? do you also assume the rescue wouldnt have any "fancy" electronics in it too?

grow up kids!
Unread 05-20-2006, 04:17 PM   #96
mendelmax
2004 WJ 

Well, according to what you said, it seems, that there is no future and chance for profit for brands like ferrari, porsche etc. There are not many places to drive these cars, so who will buy them? They should consider making small, fuel efficient city cars, with diesel engines, right? And their brand image will not suffer if they would make cars for everyone, without any advantages?
Well, to be honest... YOU ARE WRONG Sorry

Unread 05-20-2006, 09:05 PM   #97
coorsmgood
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, according to what you said, it seems, that there is no future and chance for profit for brands like ferrari, porsche etc. There are not many places to drive these cars, so who will buy them? They should consider making small, fuel efficient city cars, with diesel engines, right? And their brand image will not suffer if they would make cars for everyone, without any advantages?
Well, to be honest... YOU ARE WRONG Sorry
one of the dumber analogies there???

anyway like someone had said before(Iwork at a dealership) the whole purpose of this compass is to get the young kids or people that are looking for a nice CAR to join the jeep family and eventually move up to the more expensive and nicer suv's like the grand and the wranglers and the commander..

in turn this means that jeep is trying to get more people to join the family and that will allow jeep to build these wranglers and other vehicles that are a impractical yet awesome rigs. and NO the wrangler isnt going anywhere except up like it always has been. please someone tel me that the first jeep or willys was near as capable as the present day wrangler??hmmmmm seems to me the plan is that the new rubi or 2007 may get bad reviews by you all that have not yet seen or drove one but I assure you it will be better yet than the present tj.

look at the cj for example? they are considered to be soooo awesome yet a stock one is garbage in my opinion compared to a tj that is stock.

face it jeep is only getting better and I dont understand what everyone keeps complaining about?

just my 2 cents...
Unread 05-20-2006, 11:54 PM   #98
mendelmax
2004 WJ 

But what means better? More electronics and plastic? If so, yes, it is still developing

Unread 05-21-2006, 08:03 AM   #99
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Is it replacing anything??? oh like the LIberty replaced the Cherokee
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

Unread 05-21-2006, 08:54 AM   #100
coorsmgood
2010 JK Wrangler 

I would have to say the GRAND cherokee probably replaced the cherokee?
Unread 05-21-2006, 08:55 AM   #101
coorsmgood
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
But what means better? More electronics and plastic? If so, yes, it is still developing

more capable? that seems better to me?
Unread 05-21-2006, 10:15 AM   #102
creature
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coorsmgood
I would have to say the GRAND cherokee probably replaced the cherokee?
I do believe that was the original plan, but the XJ was still selling stong so they kept it for a little longer
Unread 05-21-2006, 02:12 PM   #103
mendelmax
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coorsmgood
more capable? that seems better to me?
But how capable? It has still weak axles, has worse torque curve, and is equipped with things as ESP. Is it at least possible to disengage it? It also don't have lockers in standard, am I wrong?
Don't get me wrong, but I believe, that in case of cars like jeep the simplicity is the key to reliability. Complicating it may make it better in testing conditions, but will not allow it to operate in water, mud etc. for many years. And it was beautifull, that when you bought jeep you knew there is nothing to break up, and that you will use it for many, many years. That was just nice to have such simple, reliable vehicle.

Unread 05-23-2006, 06:26 PM   #104
87Cherokeelmtd

No real Jeeps ended when Chrysler bought the corproration from AMC.
Unread 05-30-2006, 10:08 AM   #105
reneveah
2003 WJ 

Yeah I have to admit. I have a 2003 GC Overland and I always ask myself, is this really a Jeep? I mean yeah, it seems to take itself in odd places if I decide to but still, its V8 4.7 HO sounds the same and looks the same as a dodge ram. IDK, and the NEW GC?? All I can say it should have been called Dodge Grand Cherokee, its dodge inside and out, YUK and then they put himi's in them and make one of them real fast and call it SRT-8 but thatsd not what jeeps or for! Who buys a Jeep for how fast they can go anyhow? IDK but I agree with alot of you saying the Jeep name is getting weak.
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.