Jeep Compass - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Jeep Compass

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Closed Thread
Unread 05-03-2006, 12:36 PM   #31
burtonsnowman
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendelmax
And after- who knows, maybe Nissan Patrol...
Heck yes.

...If you can find one...

"Six in a row makes it go"
...and a driveway full of Subarus...
Unread 05-03-2006, 12:46 PM   #32
mendelmax
2004 WJ 

Nissan is making crap of its cars much slower than Jeep does. I believe, that in 5-7 years when my WJ will be about to sell it, Jeep will be somenthing about SMART with only 2WD (for sure FWD), and Nissan Patrol will be something about new Grand WK
But what will we do in 20 years? Will we drive bicycles only? I see it in dark colours
Unread 05-03-2006, 02:54 PM   #33
russkrs

Quote:
But what will we do in 20 years? Will we drive bicycles only? I see it in dark colours
Tractor Supply has a really cool 4 wheel "off-road" pedal cart thing... With some work and proper gearing... it might be fun
Unread 05-03-2006, 06:09 PM   #34
mpyusko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I was looking in the Spec PDF, and all it said was 4x4 available, but never gave any indication on if there is a low range offered. The RAV4 doesn't have a low range, and if the compass does, I know a few how would switch just because of that. I'm not endorsing DC's decision to weeny out the Jeep name. My perfect world is a TJ and an XJ. I'm half way there.

To the comment about what do we care when we drive 10 year old vehicles? Well,

A) If I could afford it, I'd buy a 2006 TJ today. I love my '97 and just want brand new one.

B) 10 years from now these will be our options.
BLACK JEEP Club V2.0 #84
Rust-Bucket Build-Ups Club Member #1
Pictures of my JeepSAVE PARAGON AP!!

Last edited by mpyusko; 05-04-2006 at 11:35 AM..
Unread 05-04-2006, 08:50 PM   #35
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

When did this forum get here? That Jeep car does not deserve it's own forum, as it's entire existence should be forgotten.

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Unread 05-04-2006, 10:13 PM   #36
Twsty
1988 MJ Comanche 

whats it's base prise do we know?
Unread 05-05-2006, 12:29 AM   #37
mendelmax
2004 WJ 

Well, it can be worse... http://www.jeep.com/autoshow/concept...ncept_cars_nav
Unread 05-05-2006, 10:53 AM   #38
92blazn
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

purty
I'm not actually going for the wheeling, I just want to watch Ed drive his Jeep. :o
Unread 05-05-2006, 11:08 AM   #39
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Or better?
http://www.jeep.com/autoshow/concept...ncept_cars_nav

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Unread 05-05-2006, 11:11 AM   #40
mendelmax
2004 WJ 

Yes, but you know what's the main difference between them? I'm sure, that Treo will be produced, and Rescue- not This is the new Jeep's strategy- make vehicles so sh*tty, that every normal human will buy Mercedes ML
Unread 05-05-2006, 09:12 PM   #41
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

I like it for a daily driver with maybe decent fuel economy. Any one know the recommended fuel economy stats for it? What about the Caliber? I just got an apprenticeship at the Mercedes plant in Vance (industrial maintenance) and need a daily driver that's reasonably economical...
Unread 05-06-2006, 01:34 AM   #42
mendelmax
2004 WJ 

I believe, that for fuel economy toyota Prius would be better. Or new Lexus (RX400?). Or non-hyblid design- smart. Maybe it would burn more gas, but at least it looks better. This Treo is unbelieveable awfull...
Jeep should be jeep. Not a toy.
Unread 05-07-2006, 08:26 AM   #43
Pattonsky

Look at it this way. Jeep is a mass produced item. There are a ton of willys, cherokees, CJs, YJ,s, and TJ's available used. With gas prices going the way they are, we have begun to transition our plans for vehicle replacements towards diesel and other gas thrifty cars. Face it. Rolling big tires with gas mileage in the single digits isnt going to cut it anymore.
As for the Compass, it represents another option in the Chrysler Corporate Catalogue. Maybe it will work, maybe not. Chrysler lost me as a consumer for the Jeep lineup the day I bought my Wranger. It wasnt because I was dissatisfied but rather the YJ was exactly what I wanted it satisfied my immediate need for a four wheel drive that I could trick out and take out on the trails. So if Chrysler can figure out what the new generation's consumer wants, more power to them. I just graduated college and can tell you a ton of my peers own and drive Libertys so Chrysler must have done something right by the fact that they sold so many of them. Who knows. I have my Jeeps and I am happy.
1987 []lllll[] XJ Cherokee Chief 2 door
1995 ()lllll() YJ Rio Grande
Unread 05-07-2006, 01:29 PM   #44
mendelmax
2004 WJ 

Yeap, I agree with designing biodiesels etc, but I believe, that Jeep should be a Jeep. I understand making SUV's like Grands, Liberty etc. They are good cars, also they can do something offroad. But this thing is impossible. They are destroying the most precious thing they have- the power of their trademark. I believe, that giving for example Rescue to the mass production would not give bigger profit on their account, but would amazingly increase the sale of other vechicles. People would know, that the best offroad car in the world is Jeep, so they would buy a jeep- Commander, grand, whatever. But when someone will see this TOY (it can't be called diferently), he will lose all admiration to the jeep sign, and won't buy his grand or cherooke, neighter Treo. Simple.
POLISH JEEP OWNERS CLUB #11

Anyway, nothing will beat Suzuki :D
Unread 05-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #45
TheSailerMan

I, personally, like the Jeep Compass. I don't think I will be purchasing a car until I am out of college, but when I do, I want to get something cheap, gets a lot of MPG, and most importantly, is a Jeep.

While I really like the Wrangler and Liberty, the Compass, more than likely, will cost less between car price and gas, especially with the way gas prices are rising nowadays. I like to think of the Compass as the Mac mini of the Jeep family, get the buyer introduced to the brand with a low-cost, low-spec model, then when it comes time to get a new vehicle, they'll want to get a more expensive model of the same brand.

My dad used to have a CJ-7, which my whole family would go to Jeep Jamborees in, but all the trails around here (Long Island, NY) have been closed, and the maintenence costs on the Jeep were too high, so he sold it.
Around the same time, my mom had a Grand Cherokee, but that was on a lease, and after it was up, we got a Chevy Cavalier. While the Grand is a great SUV, I hate the '06 style, it just seems bulkier than the previous models.

Since I have no easy way to go off-roading (legally), I won't need to have 4-wheel drive, and since I won't have the best paying job coming out of college, I'll lean more towards getting a Compass than a Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, or Liberty.
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.