Jeep Compass - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Jeep Compass

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Closed Thread
Unread 04-30-2006, 10:04 PM   #16
andrew2516

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokey

But its not to say that jeep is starting to become a big disappointment. They WERE known for their being extreamly cabable off road, etc. Now...well I don't know.

And I CAN'T STAND the new 4dr Wrangler WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree, I have a cherokee and love my 4x4 but they should never make a 4dr wrangler...just pointless.

a vehicle with no SFA is not a vehicle that should be in the mud with other jeeps

36" TSL's on RockCrawler rims

www.PGHOFFROAD.com
andrew2516 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2006, 10:11 PM   #17
XBlackJ

I think it looks like a Liberty,Rav4,H3 mix.... dont like it

The XJ /R.E 5.5" lift/Cragar 15x8 wheels/33" Trxus M/T's /Class III hitch
The ZJ /RE 2" lift/ARB front bumper/Rear bumper w/ tire mount (dont know what brand)/32" BFG AT's/Borla exhaust

[COLOR="Red"]**PIX** [/COLOR][url]http://www.cardomain.com/ride/505542[/url] [COLOR="red"]**PIX** [/COLOR]pg.2 is my XJ.
XBlackJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2006, 10:43 PM   #18
cmotsvt

What is the 2 letter designation for the compass?
cmotsvt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2006, 07:06 AM   #19
SlimGoaty
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmotsvt
What is the 2 letter designation for the compass?
FU = Flucking Ugly

My buildup on CherokeeForum

97 XJ 4.0, AW4, 231, RE 5.5, Tom Woods DS, AA SYE, 35x12.50 KM2,
Upgraded Harness, PIAA bulbs, Rustys Tie-Rod, L&L Fab bumper,
Quadratec 9500i Winch, Aussie locker, 4.88's
SlimGoaty is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2006, 12:43 PM   #20
Jeep dawg
2003 KJ Liberty 

I do not know about this new jeep.
It is not a wheeling jeep. It is set for street only.
I guess they want to bring in new people to our family. I guess grandma wants to get out of her oldsmobiel and into a jeep.
I would say it is for old people who want to feel young again. They all ready hit their mid life cirsis and now going into their end of life crisis.
Jeep compass is the car for you.

NOT ME!
Always new CV's and Drive Shafts
American Flag on spare tire mount
L.O.S.T. KJ# BL065211[/COLOR][/FONT]
Jeep dawg is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2006, 01:20 PM   #21
pbrutsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep dawg
I do not know about this new jeep.
It is not a wheeling jeep. It is set for street only.
I wouldn't say it's street only...

Stuff like the Caliber SRT-4 (and presumably Compass SRT-4, since they are identical in all but name) is aimed at rally racing. Definitely off-road, just not they way you and I think of it
Unread 05-01-2006, 03:02 PM   #22
burtonsnowman
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrutsch
Stuff like the Caliber SRT-4 (and presumably Compass SRT-4, since they are identical in all but name) is aimed at rally racing. Definitely off-road, just not they way you and I think of it
I'd put money on the fact that we'll never see either one of those on a rally track. There is no way a goofy, cumbersome, oafy vehicle like that could keep up with the speed and agility of a Subaru, no matter how you "mod" it.
"Six in a row makes it go"
...and a driveway full of Subarus...
burtonsnowman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2006, 04:28 PM   #23
92blazn
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsnowman
I'd put money on the fact that we'll never see either one of those on a rally track. There is no way a goofy, cumbersome, oafy vehicle like that could keep up with the speed and agility of a Subaru, no matter how you "mod" it.

or a Evo !!!
I'm not actually going for the wheeling, I just want to watch Ed drive his Jeep. :o
92blazn is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2006, 04:35 PM   #24
burtonsnowman
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrutsch
Think Subaru competition.
Oh no you didn't...

Let's get something straight here. There is no such thing as Subaru competition. When Subaru enters a contest, Subaru wins. Period.
"Six in a row makes it go"
...and a driveway full of Subarus...
burtonsnowman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2006, 05:46 PM   #25
russkrs

good performance or not... I wouldn't be caught dead in a Subaru... nor would I be caught dead in one of these.
Unread 05-02-2006, 12:40 AM   #26
txjeep03tj

OH NO!!! we must protest! next thing you know there wont be such a thing as a "wrangler" anymore...............and the sky is falling and so on. Next year im buying a hoovercraft so i can just float up hills and not have to worry about what axles or what engine or whatever else you babies are whinning about.
Unread 05-02-2006, 09:16 AM   #27
russkrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by txjeep03tj
OH NO!!! we must protest! next thing you know there wont be such a thing as a "wrangler" anymore...............and the sky is falling and so on. Next year im buying a hoovercraft so i can just float up hills and not have to worry about what axles or what engine or whatever else you babies are whinning about.

tell us how it works out...
Unread 05-02-2006, 12:44 PM   #28
pbrutsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92blazn
or a Evo !!!

It started out as the same platform as the Evo !!!
Unread 05-03-2006, 12:31 PM   #29
mendelmax
2004 WJ 

I believe, that Jeep was destroyed because of Mercedes. Look- they have their ML. It sucks offroad, no matter in what version. So what could they do to catch jeep up? Broke up a jeep, simple.
I can't understand, why they don't go simple way to make SUV's for daily driving like grand, liberty, commander etc, and leave one, hardcore offroad Wrangler. They should redesign it to be a powerfull, monster offroad machine, not a car to pick kids from school... I'm getting irritated of this new jeeps strategy. Now, they aren't best eighter on and offroad. They became nothing. No soul, no abilities. Nothing. And compass... not worth eaven to mention. Tragedy.
But... I have my WJ and hope it will serve me at least 5 more years. And after- who knows, maybe Nissan Patrol...
mendelmax is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2006, 01:11 PM   #30
silverback

yah that telling them....... you and your hardcore wj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendelmax
I believe, that Jeep was destroyed because of Mercedes. Look- they have their ML. It sucks offroad, no matter in what version. So what could they do to catch jeep up? Broke up a jeep, simple.
I can't understand, why they don't go simple way to make SUV's for daily driving like grand, liberty, commander etc, and leave one, hardcore offroad Wrangler. They should redesign it to be a powerfull, monster offroad machine, not a car to pick kids from school... I'm getting irritated of this new jeeps strategy. Now, they aren't best eighter on and offroad. They became nothing. No soul, no abilities. Nothing. And compass... not worth eaven to mention. Tragedy.
But... I have my WJ and hope it will serve me at least 5 more years. And after- who knows, maybe Nissan Patrol...
silverback is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.