2010 MK cluster removal
WARNING: To avoid serious or fatal injury on vehicles equipped with airbags, disable the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, airbag, seat belt tensioner, impact sensor or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the SRS. Failure to take the proper precautions could result in accidental airbag deployment.
CLUSTER ASSEMBLY (see first picture)
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2. Remove the instrument panel top cover.
3. Remove the four screws (2) that secure the instrument cluster (1) to the instrument panel structural support (3).
4. Pull the top of the instrument cluster rearward far enough to access and disconnect the instrument panel wire harness connectors from the connector receptacles on the back of the cluster housing.
5. Remove the instrument cluster from the instrument panel.
CLUSTER LENS, HOOD AND MASK (see second picture)
1. Working around the perimeter of the cluster, disengage each of the nine integral latch features that secure the cluster lens (3) to the cluster hood and mask unit (2) and to the cluster housing (1).
2. Remove the lens from the face of the cluster hood and mask unit.
3. Working around the perimeter of the cluster, disengage each of the six integral latch features that secure the cluster hood and mask unit to the cluster housing (1).
4. Remove the hood and mask unit from the face of the instrument cluster.
Chrysler Group LLC