Jeep compass 2007 engine sign on - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Jeep compass 2007 engine sign on

Introducing the Quart Crate...JK Front Axle TrussPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 07-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
chezpedro

Jeep compass 2007 engine sign on

Hi everyone! I m having a problem with my jeep compass. The engine sign is illuminated . I fixed it already 3 time and after few days is illuminates again. The result of thw scan of engine was very good. They told me that the sign is because of the sensor that is dusty, they clean it the first time engine sign was off for one day. Second time same thing. And the third time they change it to a new one and it was off for 15 days. Now it s on Again. I just did the service one week ago. No weard sounds or anything wrong apart that sign.
If anyone can help. The only thing is that it s 47 degre here where I m.

chezpedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

What sensor and what code? When they scan the computer, it should produce a code associated with the light, thus indicating which sensor. It sounds like an O2 sensor or Mass Air Flow sensor to me. They can reset the computer with each scan and the light wont come back until after several start/stop cycles if the problem is still there.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
chezpedro

Thanks for ur answer. I don't have the code however they told me it was the engine sensor.
By the way I will have to confess that I m very ignorant regarding cars. So pls if u can explain thanks
Unread 07-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #4
chezpedro

Thanks in advance for ur help
Unread 07-05-2012, 07:22 AM   #5
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Does this thread help at all?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/e...seless-855751/

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #6
bhuamthugad
2007 MK Compass 

I was having the same issue with mine. The engine light was intermittent, it would come on and then go away after I put new fuel in it and drove it hard for a day or so. The most recent time it came on was the day after I took it in for its most recent scheduled servicing. I started putting a fuel additive in it to clean out the fuel system every time I fuel it, and haven't had the problem since.
bhuamthugad is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.