Issues with 07 Compass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Issues with 07 Compass

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 05-07-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
Icekicker

Issues with 07 Compass

Had the jeep at the dealer yesterday for the following issues. This is a 07 Compass with 33500 KM on it. Squeeking from the engine. Result tensioner and belt on order. Squeeking pass. seat. Result new seat on order. Clunking noise from front end. Result new tie rod on pass. side. Driver side replaced few months ago. Clicking noise when turning steering wheel when parking. Rusult continue driving until it gets worse so they can properly diagnose. This seems like a lot of issues for a new vehicle. Does anyone else have these problems?

Icekicker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2008, 08:57 AM   #2
Knightfallzx2
2008 MK Compass 

From what I've been reading up on this forum, the tie rod ends appears to a common issue due to bad bushings.
Read my Blog on Jeepspace
Knightfallzx2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2008, 10:38 AM   #3
Truggy
2011 JK Wrangler 

Total of 4,000 miles on it since I bought it, drive it like I stole it and not one problem on it yet, knock on wood. I love mine.
Truggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2008, 08:15 PM   #4
happiegirlmd

I agree that you seem to have more problems than most with your Compass.

Can you describe that squeaking? I've had problems with my 07 Patriot-- there is a metallic ringing (think metal on something rotating--kinda like an ax on a grinding wheel) vibration/noise at 2400 RPM that is louder on the passenger side than the driver side at times. This problem started at about 10k miles... and hasnt been fixed in the last three months(9k more miles). The dealership I deal with hears the sound, but cant seem to find to locate or fix the problem.
happiegirlmd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2008, 11:23 AM   #5
ponderosa
2007 MK Compass 

rattle / clunk front end on bumpy roads

I have the rattle sound in the front end going over hard bumps. I guess its the tie rod end. I hope they put a good one in this time.

Is this a recall issue?

30k - no other problems.

Thanks!!!
ponderosa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2008, 08:07 AM   #6
x96mnn
2008 KK Liberty 

36000KM and I thought there was a rattle coming from the front which turned out to be the back with the dealer replacing the struts, springs and mounts in the rear.

Other problem that they cannot find a solution for is a large clicking in the gear shift area when you put yhour foot on the brake in park.
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.