iPod fit question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > iPod fit question

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-29-2006, 09:20 AM   #1
alwayslearnin

iPod fit question

Howdy,

I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I just saw this review on the Compass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zB64Q65q6U

Has anyone actually experienced the same issue about the iPod not fitting in the flip-up holder? If you use an iPod please post whether it fits or not. Also please let me know what model you are using. Thanks in advance!

alwayslearnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2006, 05:23 PM   #2
phil8400

Ipod Nano fits perfectly in mine.
phil8400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2006, 06:17 PM   #3
Mistyfate

I have the regular i-pod (not the tiny nano) and mine fits. The inside section is rubberized...so it is snug to fit in. I can squeeze my ipod in about half way (just by wiggling) and I can fit it in ALL the way if I pull on the side of the compartment and it will easily fit in.

My ipod was the second one that they guy tried in the utube video (i believe mine is larger than the black video one that he tried first)

Although i never use the armrest compartment. It is easier for me to use the compartment directly below the radio. I just put one of those dashboard sticky pads inside and the wire hangs directly down from the radio., If i used the armrest compartment it would have to go across the middle consol inbetween the driver and the passenger.

I dont know if I am making any sense! (in my head I am) if you have more questions let me know. I will be attempting to post some images.

This is all i can do to post a photo...if someone wouldnt mind telling me how to e.m.bed one into post...i would be more than glad to try!!!

The guy on youtube must have been a moron. It works fine for me.

I am not exactly sure which generation ipod i have. It is NOT a video, but it is in color and can contain photos. A larger ipod should not really be a problem. I'll try to take more photos this weekend.

Okay I just took some more photos. If i don't do it now...i may never be able to get to it!

ok so i started off with some photos of the empty compartment

and looking down into the top of it

i can get my ipod in this far via wiggling

and when i say you have to "pull on the side of the compartment" i mean like this:

and when my ipod is finally all the way in...there still seems to be room for a slightlyl larger device:

but this is what i mean by the wire getting in the way (my wire is not even long enought but you get the point)

Last edited by Mistyfate; 10-31-2006 at 06:53 PM..
Mistyfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2006, 07:21 PM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyfate
I
This is all i can do to post a photo...if someone wouldn't mind telling me how to e.m.bed one into post...i would be more than glad to try!!!

Mistyfate,

Go down to the bottom of the screen and click on "go advanced" and it will open up in a new window. Click on the thing that looks like a paper clip and a little screen will open up and then you can browse to where you have the files on your computer, max of 5 @ 101.2KB so you may have to resize your images. When you have all of them in there that you want or can fit, click on "upload" and they will be posted as the pictures. You may not have enough posts to be able to post pics that way. I think that you have to have 50 posts or become a supporter.The links that you are doing now are working very well! Thanks!
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2006, 09:00 PM   #5
alwayslearnin

Wow thanks Mistyfate! That was one informative response. Totally appreciate it.

Looks like I can order a new 5th gen 80gb iPod and not worry. Just hope it fits inside the compartment with a case!
alwayslearnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2006, 03:59 PM   #6
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Here you go Misty:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyfate
I have the regular i-pod (not the tiny nano) and mine fits. The inside section is rubberized...so it is snug to fit in. I can squeeze my ipod in about half way (just by wiggling) and I can fit it in ALL the way if I pull on the side of the compartment and it will easily fit in.

My ipod was the second one that they guy tried in the utube video (i believe mine is larger than the black video one that he tried first)

Although i never use the armrest compartment. It is easier for me to use the compartment directly below the radio. I just put one of those dashboard sticky pads inside and the wire hangs directly down from the radio., If i used the armrest compartment it would have to go across the middle consol inbetween the driver and the passenger.

I dont know if I am making any sense! (in my head I am) if you have more questions let me know. I will be attempting to post some images.

This is all i can do to post a photo...if someone wouldnt mind telling me how to e.m.bed one into post...i would be more than glad to try!!!

The guy on youtube must have been a moron. It works fine for me.

I am not exactly sure which generation ipod i have. It is NOT a video, but it is in color and can contain photos. A larger ipod should not really be a problem. I'll try to take more photos this weekend.

Okay I just took some more photos. If i don't do it now...i may never be able to get to it!

ok so i started off with some photos of the empty compartment

and looking down into the top of it

i can get my ipod in this far via wiggling

and when i say you have to "pull on the side of the compartment" i mean like this:

and when my ipod is finally all the way in...there still seems to be room for a slightlyl larger device:

but this is what i mean by the wire getting in the way (my wire is not even long enought but you get the point)

You did everything right, you just need 50 tech posts for the forum to show your pictures.
Unread 11-10-2006, 05:25 PM   #7
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Matt,

State of Jefferson, named after that mountain in you're avatar. Cool, you on the east side??

Gramps
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2006, 11:58 PM   #8
mdsaif

What kind of cables r u using to connect the ipod to the stereo?...i found different kinds with different sizes......am kinda confused??
mdsaif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2006, 12:32 PM   #9
Mistyfate

I don't know what the technical name of the wire is, but both sides are the same. So you should be looking for a wire that would fit into your ipod headphone jack no matter which way you stick the wire in. Does that make sense?

You can sort of see the one end of the wire in the last photo that I posted on this thread.

My mom said that my father uses the same wire for his nano on his motorcycle and it is called an "auxiliary wire" available at Radio Shack and that it is male on both ends.

(My mom is way cooler than me!) :P

Also to alwayslearnin: I don't think that the ipod(in a case) will fit in the armrest, but let me know if it does! I use the ipod socks most of the time so they slip on and off easily.
Mistyfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2006, 02:08 PM   #10
phil8400

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaif
What kind of cables r u using to connect the ipod to the stereo?...i found different kinds with different sizes......am kinda confused??
You want a "mini stereo patch cable".
Here's a really good one from Belkin: http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=178147

You can also get them cheap at any audio store. i.e.: Radio Shack etc.

6 Feet is the optimum length since they don't make 4's or 5's. 3 Feet would be too short since it would hang like a clothesline.
Unread 11-22-2006, 04:47 PM   #11
KCoastie
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Has anybody got a Microsoft Zune to try out yet?
KCoastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2006, 05:16 PM   #12
mdsaif

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil8400
You want a "mini stereo patch cable".
Here's a really good one from Belkin: http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=178147

You can also get them cheap at any audio store. i.e.: Radio Shack etc.

6 Feet is the optimum length since they don't make 4's or 5's. 3 Feet would be too short since it would hang like a clothesline.
I noticed that the Belkin one is gold plated.......does it make a big difference in the sound quality?
mdsaif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2006, 05:20 PM   #13
phil8400

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaif
I noticed that the Belkin one is gold plated.......does it make a big difference in the sound quality?
Some will say it does. Perhaps with a hi-fi home system, but I don't think most people could tell the difference in a car. Then again, some people have real fine ears
Unread 11-22-2006, 10:22 PM   #14
KCoastie
1999 TJ Wrangler 

There's no difference in sound quality between something that's gold plated or not. Gold plating is for corrosion resistance.
KCoastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2006, 12:17 PM   #15
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

mgertsch-do you have the specs(dimensions) height/width,depth of your ipod in the pics? thanks
echocat22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.