Introducing myself and a couple questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Introducing myself and a couple questions

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-24-2008, 05:18 AM   #1
shihtzu217
2007 MK Compass 

Introducing myself and a couple questions

Hi all, I just traded in my 04 Chevy Trailblazer 4x4 last week and got an 07 2wd Compass Limited in hopes of saving on gas mileage. I loved my trailblazer but it was an absolute gas hog. So far I'm loving my Compass but wish it handled pot holes and rough roads a little smoother. Yesterday, we took it on a trip that we make monthly and used 8 gallons less than the same trip in the Chevy. So it is accomplishing what it was meant for.
We have been strictly Chevy owners until now but I am already seeing a Wrangler in the future. (I have wanted one for many years but didn't serve the purpose right now)

Anyway, I have a couple questions that I can't seem to find answers to in the manual, hopefully you can help.

On my rearview mirror I have what appears to be a power button and a dim green light to the left of the button, but I cannot figure out what the heck it is for. When I push the button the light goes on or off but what is it indicating?

I also have the Autostick feature, can you explain the reason/ benefits of using it rather than to just leave it in D ? And how should I use it properly. I used to drive Manuals so I am familiar with the principle, but I want to understand the how, why and when to use the autostick and yes , I am a woman so please help me understand.

shihtzu217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2008, 08:49 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihtzu217 View Post
Hi all, I just traded in my 04 Chevy Trailblazer 4x4 last week and got an 07 2wd Compass Limited in hopes of saving on gas mileage. I loved my trailblazer but it was an absolute gas hog. So far I'm loving my Compass but wish it handled pot holes and rough roads a little smoother. Yesterday, we took it on a trip that we make monthly and used 8 gallons less than the same trip in the Chevy. So it is accomplishing what it was meant for.
We have been strictly Chevy owners until now but I am already seeing a Wrangler in the future. (I have wanted one for many years but didn't serve the purpose right now)

Anyway, I have a couple questions that I can't seem to find answers to in the manual, hopefully you can help.
Hi ya and

[QUOTE=shihtzu217]
On my rear view mirror I have what appears to be a power button and a dim green light to the left of the button, but I cannot figure out what the heck it is for. When I push the button the light goes on or off but what is it indicating?

I have the same on mine. I've heard that the left side indicates if you have the auto dimming mirror function turned on or off. I've never been able to tell the difference or figured out when you would want to turn it off. The right side I'm told is for the UConnect hands free phone options, if so equipped, mine's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihtzu217
I also have the Autostick feature, can you explain the reason/ benefits of using it rather than to just leave it in D ? And how should I use it properly. I used to drive Manuals so I am familiar with the principle, but I want to understand the how, why and when to use the autostick and yes , I am a woman so please help me understand.
95% of the time I just leave mine in "D". I drop it down into the different "gears" when I'm trying to get out in to traffic quickly or getting on the freeway or such. I also use it sometimes in the Winter to hold a particular "gear" when ascending/descending a snow or ice covered hill. It could also help if towing a trailer.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #3
jbjeepguy
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
On my rearview mirror I have what appears to be a power button and a dim green light to the left of the button, but I cannot figure out what the heck it is for. When I push the button the light goes on or off but what is it indicating?
It is the power button for the auto dimming mirror- On = the mirror will dim automatically. Off = the mirror will not dim.

Quote:
I do not have and have not driven an autostick equipped Compass/Patriot so I do not know how effective it is. The main benefits that I can see is mostly for more engine braking while descending steep grades.

07 Compass, FDI, CVT
jbjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2008, 04:30 AM   #4
shihtzu217
2007 MK Compass 

Thank you for the replies. I thought it might have something to do with the Auto dimmer. I'll play a little bit with the autostick as you do Gramps and give it a try. Thanks.
shihtzu217 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.