Interior Lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Interior Lights

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-17-2007, 10:01 AM   #1
safaribabe

Interior Lights

So, as far as I can tell, the Patriot does not have any interior lights that come on automatically. Even the rear cargo/flashlight doesn't come on. In fact, for the rear cargo, it seems like it's just a flashlight though it seems like it is suppossed to do more. This seems like a grand oversight on their part. I have never heard of a car that doesn't have interior dome lights that come on when the doors open and goes off when they close. Seems like an essential safety feature.

What am I missing? A quick look at the user's guide didn't reveal anything differently and didn't tell me how to ue the cargo light either.

safaribabe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Try this: On the turn signal lever is the Interior light control. Turn the inner most ring away from you so that it's on anything except O. That position defeats the auto on entry/exit feature. All of the way away from you turns the interior lights on for map reading and such.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2007, 05:32 PM   #3
unibus
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Try this: On the turn signal lever is the Interior light control. Turn the inner most ring away from you so that it's on anything except O. That position defeats the auto on entry/exit feature. All of the way away from you turns the interior lights on for map reading and such.
Ha..... It took me about 6 months to realize that I could turn the interior lights off, and that was due to turning them off accidentally and then figuring out where they went.

Sometimes I think there's just a little too much on those control sticks.
unibus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2007, 05:43 PM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unibus
Ha..... It took me about 6 months to realize that I could turn the interior lights off, and that was due to turning them off accidentally and then figuring out where they went.

Sometimes I think there's just a little too much on those control sticks.
Only 6 months? You did better than me! I never even thought about it until safaribabe asked the question. I just now found out!

If you ever figure out how to turn off the door dinger, let me know!

Unread 09-18-2007, 11:07 AM   #5
safaribabe

oh, good

now I don't feel so dumb. I found it, works great!

I think I need to just sit down with the manual soon! What do you mean door dinger?
Unread 09-18-2007, 11:26 AM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I don't think that you can turn it off, just being silly. When you have the keys in the ignition and open the door it goes "ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ect.

Unread 09-18-2007, 02:44 PM   #7
merlinTec

Hi
Now you know how to turn it on make sure you don’t turn it all the way as this will make the light stay on all the time. lol
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 09-18-2007, 05:00 PM   #8
safaribabe

uh-oh

i better go check... i turned it on and i think it's at the graduating squares on the knob... not at the point where it changes to two blocks (or three, going by memory).
Unread 09-18-2007, 05:25 PM   #9
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The graduated area changes the brightness of the dash lights, the first square gives you full brightness on the dash lights and the last square turns on the map lights, etc.

Unread 09-19-2007, 08:36 AM   #10
Jason31

I think I know how to stop the door ding Gramps, I'll look at it this weekend.
Unread 09-19-2007, 06:39 PM   #11
ndalake
2011 JK Wrangler 

Took my wife and I couple of days to figure this out on our Compass, don't feel silly. It's not labeled in a completely clear way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.