installing an auxillary outlet in the center console? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > installing an auxillary outlet in the center console?

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 07-28-2009, 06:12 AM   #1
rightsmanaged
2007 MK Compass 

installing an auxillary outlet in the center console?

Ive got a 2007 2.4L compass sport without any added options included. The vehicle is as bare as it could be without the luxuries of power anything, like windows, locks or mirrors.
I want to know how to add an auxiliary outlet to the pop out in the center console under the flip up storage area. The upgraded package of that years model comes with a 115 volt auxillary outlet already installed.
if anyone has any info as to which wires I would need to tap to get this installed correctly and beter yet if I can do it with a constant power draw for when the engine is off, that would be wonderful news for my quander.

thanks for ANY info...

rightsmanaged is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

it shouldnt be too hard. just make sure you have the right size hole saw for the outlet. You should be able to splice into any 12v power supply that is made for large power demands (ie. radio power cable, etc.) Just make sure you use a decently sized gauge wire. The ground wire can be grounded to anything metal that is connected to the chassis. good luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.