Installed UConnect... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Installed UConnect...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 01-14-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

Installed UConnect...

Wow - just installed the MOPAR Accessory Uconnect kit in my Compass

wow that's nice to have - and it uses the RDS on my radio!

Just wanted to share my excitement thats all

please return to your regularly scheduled web surfing...

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
BeaterPatriot

I have the uconnect system in my Patriot and love it....

I have had some peopel complain and say there is back round noise but whatever.

the other thing I noticed is it seems to cuase my cell phone battery to drain quicker.

Otherwise it's awesome!!
BeaterPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2009, 10:32 PM   #3
MomofCandS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaterPatriot View Post
the other thing I noticed is it seems to cuase my cell phone battery to drain quicker.
The reason your phone drains quicker is because it is running the bluetooth chip and that consumes a great deal of juice. If you don't want your phone to drain down all you have to do is turn the bluetooth off when you are not wanting to use the uconnect, otherwise, every time you get in the car with the bluetooth on it will be draining.
MomofCandS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #4
ChoppedCompass

I was under the impression mine came with u-connect..I ws quite dissappointed when I came to realise it was not hooked up. Is it just a part from mopar that I can add myself?
ChoppedCompass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2009, 05:25 AM   #5
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

yes - Mopar offers an add-on kit that basically has a little black box that plugs in between the radio and the radio harness and then a button and a mic connect to the wire harness as well.

It's about a $200 kit

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.