Installed rear backup camera - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Installed rear backup camera

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 05-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

Installed rear backup camera

Last weekend i installed a rear backup camera on my Avic-x910BT head unit. Over all the install was normal except for rubber housing that connected the tailgate to the car's frame. I had to use a coat hanger with a hook at the end of it to push the camera video and power wires though.
I got the camera for $20! Thanks Ebay!
Jensen JCAM1 Rearview Backup Camera 150 Viewing Angle

It took about 3 hours.

here are the results.

Pioneer AVIC-X910BT Radio + Jensen JCAM1 Rearview Backup Cam, K&N 63-1567 Performance Intake , Magnaflow Exhaust Part #16777 (Yes it will fit on a 4x4 2011 Compass), Mopar Chrome Fuel Door, Cargo Area Security Cover, Husky floor mats, Mopar Front & Rear Molded Splash Guards
w4rh4wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #2
tcrosby86
2009 MK Patriot 

Super jealous. I was thinking about purchasing a mygig 430 to put in my patty, but i see you're using a pioneer. Was it cheaper to go that way? Also, will the uconnect play nice with it? Thanks
tcrosby86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Is that a 2 DIN dash opening then? I thought it was 1.5??
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrosby86 View Post
Super jealous. I was thinking about purchasing a mygig 430 to put in my patty, but i see you're using a pioneer. Was it cheaper to go that way? Also, will the uconnect play nice with it? Thanks
well cheaper yes but, you can see my install.

Installed-aftermarket-pioneer-avic-x910bt

I also didnt buy the lastest pioneer unit (thanks e-bay ) I got the older pioneer model because you can boot into the windows CE desktop and change whatever you want with the head unit's GUI.

I dont have uconnect so i dont have the controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR
Is that a 2 DIN dash opening then? I thought it was 1.5??
The radio is double and you still need a double din bezel.
Pioneer AVIC-X910BT Radio + Jensen JCAM1 Rearview Backup Cam, K&N 63-1567 Performance Intake , Magnaflow Exhaust Part #16777 (Yes it will fit on a 4x4 2011 Compass), Mopar Chrome Fuel Door, Cargo Area Security Cover, Husky floor mats, Mopar Front & Rear Molded Splash Guards
w4rh4wk is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.