Installed an aftermarket Pioneer AVIC-x910BT radio in My 2011 Jeep Compass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Installed an aftermarket Pioneer AVIC-x910BT radio in My 2011 Jeep Compass

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 08-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

Installed an aftermarket Pioneer AVIC-x910BT radio in My 2011 Jeep Compass

Warning this is to be used as a guide and I will not be held responsible if anything goes wrong. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Here's the previous install in my old 2008 jeep compass if any one is interested
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/i...ompass-745237/

So this time It took me about 3 hours to install (ran into a issue with the rear radio support bracket you'll see below).

The parts I used are as follows:

1. Pioneer AVIC-x910BT v3.0 firmware
2. METRA 95-6511 2007 DODGE/JEEP/CHRYSLER DOUBLE DIN KIT
3. CHYAH05 or CHYAH08 or C2R-CHY4 Premium Radio Replacement Interface Chrysler. I had a spare CHYAH05 so that is why i used it. Just make sure if you get the CHYAH05 that its connect has 2 rounded corners (there are 2 different versions of the connector). The older jeep radio connectors use perfect square connection.
4. Jeep RADIO Antenna Adapter Wire Harness Plug 2001-2011

Photo's below.

Photo 1
The Stock radio See you later!

Photo 2
time to use the pry bar! Pry of the lower right of the bezel.

Photo 3
Next pry of the lower left of the bezel.

Photo 4
Lastly pry of the upper top of the bezel.

Photo 5
Bezel off lower!

Photo 6
Bezel off upper!

Photo 7
Disconnect the temp controls from the bezel and put it aside.

Photo 8
Brezel completely removed.

Photo 9
Picture of the jeep's anntenna and radio connector (see the 2 rounded corners on the radio's connector)

Photo 10
A picture of the "Jeep RADIO Antenna Adapter Wire Harness" installed

Photo 11
Problem! the avic radio would not fit! i have to get a dremel and cut the upper part of the rear support bracket off.

Photo 12
Next i had to remove the driver side's windshield plastic cover. Pop the plastic tab in the center of it and remove the screw within it with a Philips screw driver. I wanted to run the microphone to the driver's side sun visor.

Photo 13
Part removed!

Photo 14
Remove the plastic cover in the driver's side door jam to run the microphone's cable though. Pry bar pops the cover off.

Photo 15
Microphone's location.

Photo 16
Final Product!

Photo 17
Final Product!

Photo 18
Final Product!

Pioneer AVIC-X910BT Radio + Jensen JCAM1 Rearview Backup Cam, K&N 63-1567 Performance Intake , Magnaflow Exhaust Part #16777 (Yes it will fit on a 4x4 2011 Compass), Mopar Chrome Fuel Door, Cargo Area Security Cover, Husky floor mats, Mopar Front & Rear Molded Splash Guards

Last edited by w4rh4wk; 08-23-2011 at 08:30 PM.. Reason: edit
w4rh4wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Thanks! Copied to the Quick Links.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
Zappy
2007 MK Compass 

Nice job, looks great!
Zappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
Thanks! Copied to the Quick Links.
W00t thanks bob!
Pioneer AVIC-X910BT Radio + Jensen JCAM1 Rearview Backup Cam, K&N 63-1567 Performance Intake , Magnaflow Exhaust Part #16777 (Yes it will fit on a 4x4 2011 Compass), Mopar Chrome Fuel Door, Cargo Area Security Cover, Husky floor mats, Mopar Front & Rear Molded Splash Guards
Unread 08-25-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
pvirga88
2011 MK Patriot 

Great write-up.. What did you tap into to get the accessory power to the radio?
pvirga88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2011, 03:15 PM   #6
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvirga88 View Post
Great write-up.. What did you tap into to get the accessory power to the radio?
The "CHYAH05 or CHYAH08 or C2R-CHY4 Premium Radio Replacement Interface Chrysler" wiring harness will give you the accessory power
Unread 08-26-2011, 07:15 AM   #7
pvirga88
2011 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4rh4wk View Post
The "CHYAH05 or CHYAH08 or C2R-CHY4 Premium Radio Replacement Interface Chrysler" wiring harness will give you the accessory power
Cool Beans... Thanks... I am looking to replace my radio in my 11 Riot and this write up is awesome now I know what to expect when tearing into it.

Thanks for the part #'s
pvirga88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2011, 08:18 AM   #8
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvirga88 View Post
Cool Beans... Thanks... I am looking to replace my radio in my 11 Riot and this write up is awesome now I know what to expect when tearing into it.

Thanks for the part #'s
Yup Patriot should be exactly the same. Your Welcome
Unread 08-28-2011, 09:41 AM   #9
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

photo's are not up due to hurricane irene :-( there is no power where the server is located.
Unread 10-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #10
chansharp
2011 MK Compass 

is the radio antennae adapter required? I'm trying to install a pioneer into my 2011 compass..and the place around me only has 2010 dash kit and wiring harness.. are these compatible?
chansharp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #11
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chansharp
is the radio antenna adapter required?
it is required for the aftermarket radios (or you wont be able to connect your jeep's antenna to the radio without it). Just buy it off of ebay its cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chansharp
I'm trying to install a pioneer into my 2011 compass..and the place around me only has 2010 dash kit and wiring harness.. are these compatible?
I'm not sure do you have a model number for the wiring harness and the dash kit?

what model of pioneer radio are you installing?

lol i see you posted here and at the other site. next time just post in one place ill get your message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.