Inside the front door panels
There is more info here than what was asked for but I decided to cover the "guts' as a whole in one thread. The first 2 posts are a general over view and then more specific info in the later posts.
DOOR TRIM MODULE - DESCRIPTION
Door trim modules include the hardware, window regulators, latch, remote handle and links, speakers and wiring harness. In addition to providing manufacturing efficiencies, the door modules benefit the customer too. Having all the parts assembled into a module improves build accuracy and fit and finish between the components and trim as a result of greater communication between the release engineers and suppliers.
Lower door trim (from the beltline down) is molded polypropylene. The door trim is two-tone with a darker color matching the instrument panel in the upper third and a lighter shade for the lower two-thirds, including the bolster and substrate.
Items Serviceable without removing module or opening bolster:
I/s handle screw cover
Front door mirror flag cover
Fasteners accessible :
Substrate and lower window regulator screws
Speaker screws (after grille removal)
Pull cup screw
Inside handle screw (after cover removal)
Items Serviceable without removing module but with opening of bolster:
Electric window switch
Electric mirror switch (front driver door only)
Bolster trim assembly
Sock seals on switches
Outside handle link
Front door lock and rod assembly
Front door latch
Fasteners accessible :
Pull cup clip
Upper window regulator screws
Pull cup screw (to biw)
Items Serviceable by removing entire module:
Rear door latch
Inside remote handle
Inside handle links
Periphery seal (around edge of trim)
1. Remove the door glass.. (Refer to – FRONT DOOR GLASS).
2. Remove speaker (5).. (Refer to - SPEAKERS).
3. Disconnect the latch linkages (1 and 2).
4. Remove the latch screws (4).
5. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, remove the outside mirror trim (3).
6. Remove the trim screws (4) from the speaker opening.
7. Remove the trim cap (3) and the screw (1) at the inside handle.
8. Loosen lower screws (2).
9. Disconnect main harness connector.
10. Remove screws and separate harness from door frame.
11. Remove three upper bolts (1).
12. Lift the module (1) up off of the four trim hooks (3) and the lower regulator screws (4).
13. Pull the front of the trim module (1) out from the door and forward to remove the latch.
1. Disconnect and isolate battery negative cable.
2. Remove the screw (1) from the pull handle.
3. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, separate the bolster (3) from the door module (2).
4. Disconnect the electrical connectors (1), if equipped.
5. Disconnect the tethers (1) and remove the bolster (2).
FRONT DOOR GLASS REMOVAL
1. Place the glass (1) in the position shown to gain access to the glass connections (2) and (3) from behind the bolster.
2. Disconnect and isolate battery negative cable.
3. Separate the bolster (3) and allow it to hang by the tethers, (refer to FRONT/BOLSTER-TRIM PANEL - REMOVAL).
4. Depress the lock tabs (1) and release the glass (3) from the regulator (2) lift plates.
5. Remove the glass from the door.
1. Remove the door trim module (1), (Refer to MODULE DOOR TRIM).
2. Remove the motor or manual lift mechanism screws (2).
3. Remove the lower regulator screws (2).
4. Disconnect the regulator motor (1) electrical connector (7), if equipped.
5. Separate the regulator runners (5) from the support brackets (6) and remove the regulator assembly.
Inside handle actuator
INSIDE HANDLE ACTUATOR
1. Remove the door trim module (1), (Refer to – FRONT MODULE-DOOR TRIM).
2. Disconnect the handle linkage (1).
3. Remove the screw (3) and remove the inside handle.
1. Separate the bolster (3) and allow it to hang by the tethers, (Refer to - BOLSTER).
2. Disconnect the latch linkages (1 and 2).
3. Remove the latch screws (4).
1. Separate the bolster (3) and allow it to hang by the tethers, (Refer to BOLSTER).
2. Disconnect the linkages (4) and (5), if equipped.
3. Remove the screws (6) and remove the exterior handle (2).
4. Remove the lock cylinder (1), if equipped.
1. Using an approved flat blade tool find the service notch located at the bottom of speaker grille and pry up speaker grille.
2. Remove the four screws attaching the speaker (2) to door panel (3).
3. Disconnect the electrical connector and remove the speaker.
|The time now is 09:54 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.