Input from Patriot owners - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Input from Patriot owners

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 09-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
new_jeeper

Input from Patriot owners

I am currently looking at used patriots around 2007-2010 models with the 5 speed manual. Is there anything to look out for in these? Is it something that you would buy again? Have they been reliable for you?

Thanks

new_jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Tie-rod ends and lower ball joints wear out prematurely. Around 35,000 often. So look for uneven tread wear or listen for clunks.

If I got another one, I'd want it without CVT, but instead with a regular automatic, which doesn't exist unfortunately. Since youre considering a 5 speed, its safe to say those are tried and true.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
jasonwe
2012 MK Compass 

Try to get ones that are towards the end of your range, a little newer (2009 or 2010). They don't seem to have quite as many little issues as the first ones.
[I]4.7L V8, 545RFE, Big Horn Edition[/I]
jasonwe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.