Improve CVT Response - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Improve CVT Response

Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 05-29-2008, 06:25 PM   #1
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Improve CVT Response

Gents, I stumbled upon this on another site. It is a method to fix flat spots in the DBW system that these use and it of course helps somewhat to fix CVT response. I take no credit for this, as it was reposted by a member of the other site.
Quote:
1-ignition to RUN but do not start
2-wait until all the lights go out
3-slowly depress the gas peddle to the floor (take at least 15 seconds to gradually push it to the floor, do not waver as you push)
4-slowly release gas peddle to full up (again, take at least 15 seconds to gradually let it back up, do not waver as you let up)
5-ignition to off
6-restart and check for difference in response and linearity. (Letting it sit for up to 1 hour before doing this step may help)
Let me know if this helps any of you out.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.