If you had to choose all over again would you still buy a Compass/Patriot?? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > If you had to choose all over again would you still buy a Compass/Patriot??

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 09-09-2008, 02:14 PM   #46
Autocar
2011 KJ Liberty 

Bought the 08 Compass [5 speeed manual] on 6 / 2 / 08 & by 6 / 22 I knew I made a mistake. Biggest objections were, noisy ride , poor ride & handling quality especially with the Firestone Afinity Tires which I swapped out for Michelin Hydro Edges shortly after that. Although they made a huge difference, I just could not get used to this car so yesterday after much thought, consideration & research, I test drove a Patriot & found it to be a totally different vehicle so I bought it & traded in the Compass on it, Am picking it up tonight.

Autocar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2008, 07:08 PM   #47
victory red
2012 JK Wrangler 

only have about 2200 on my 08 patriot FDII.

so far i really like it.

i did check out the new 09 interior today, and it is a BIG IMPROVEMENT.

overall, very satisfied.
Unread 09-10-2008, 08:44 AM   #48
Chriztofor
2007 MK Compass 

Absolutely no regrets

4x4, auto, lifetime warranty, power windows/locks, huge cargo room (More than my BMW X3), for $17,000.....no regrets here. What other car company offers this?!
Chriztofor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2008, 02:35 PM   #49
Doba

I would not buy it again. We've had no real problems to speak of, but I don't like the car itself. Underpowered and undersized for what my family needs. Just took a 800 mile road trip and barely got 21 mpg for the trip. 80 mph it was at 3000 rpm most of the time. Just changed the plugs and switched to synthetic oil.

I don't feel confident that if I needed to accelerate for a lane change or on ramp that it has enough power.

I'm 6'3" and when I'm driving with my son in the car seat behind me even he does not have leg room.

The car just feels cheap and poorly put together.
35s
Doba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2008, 05:01 PM   #50
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

I probably would if gas mileage were better and interiors were better quality. (Caliber interiors have not been refreshed, I'm not sure if they're going to) I'm about to change locations and head back home, so its a 50 mile commute one way. I'm eying a VW Jetta TDI as a replacement for it, same amount of room, nicer inside, not as good looking on the outside, and 50 MPG with 276 lb ft of torque!!! That's my main drawback to many Euro cars, they're boring on the outside, but American interiors (especially Chrysler ones...) can't compare. Sad to say that my orange wagon might be leaving me, but you gotta do what you gotta do. If I could legally get ahold of a VW 2.0L TDI (the CRD engine used in these) and put it in mine, I'd keep it forever. Good gas mileage and great looks! Too bad there's currently TMK no plans for diesels in any MKs or PMs...
Unread 09-15-2008, 06:22 PM   #51
Tuksonrider
2008 MK Patriot 

Would I buy again? That's hard for me to answer right now.

I have a '08 patriot that's just comeing in at 4 months old. I really like the roomy Patriot, and the looks.

UNFORTUNATELY, it's been in the dealership service shop 3 times so far for the same problem. It stalls constantly. The first time it was so bad, I had to have it towed in. It only had 800 miles and I owned it almost 1 month exactly.

Now it's in the shop again as I type this.

If you asked me right now, I would say "NO, I would not buy a patriot".

If you asked me when it was running fine, I would say, "HELL YES!"
Tuksonrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.