If you had to choose all over again would you still buy a Compass/Patriot?? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > If you had to choose all over again would you still buy a Compass/Patriot??

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 07-30-2008, 09:45 AM   #31
Elihawk
2008 MK Compass 

From the perspective of a guy who owned my last vehicle for 12 years...and I have only had my Compass since March, 08 and 5 k miles.
Yes, I would buy a Mk again and while I do really like the Compass, I would give the Patriot a strong look.

Elihawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2008, 10:20 AM   #32
xjken99
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Seeing that I am considering the Patriot it's nice to see almost all owners really like their MK's and would buy another.
Unread 07-31-2008, 09:41 PM   #33
snood
2007 MK Compass 

I would not buy again. After having starter issues, transmission issues, speaker issues, dealer issues, traction controller issues, and not worn tie rods I regret buying it everyday. If it wasn't for these issues I would buy again in a heart beat.
Unread 07-31-2008, 10:53 PM   #34
xjken99
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Anyone else with those issues or any other?
Unread 08-01-2008, 03:15 AM   #35
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Without a doubt, I would definately buy my Patriot again, and I know my husband would buy his again also. We're both really happy with ours.
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2008, 03:28 AM   #36
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettolt View Post
I would not buy again. After having starter issues, transmission issues, speaker issues, dealer issues, traction controller issues, and not worn tie rods I regret buying it everyday. If it wasn't for these issues I would buy again in a heart beat.
Really sorry that you're having those issues! I think a better dealer would have gone a long way helping to resolve them.

I'm over 33K on mine and just little insignificant issues, nothing serious. I'd definitely by an MK again.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2008, 06:17 AM   #37
roland365
2008 MK Patriot 

Gramps what issues did u have?
roland365 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2008, 06:55 AM   #38
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

TPS not registering correctly after a flat fix, front to rear were reversed for a while. MIL (Check Engine Light) with no problem found, gas cap was fine, went out after fill up. Steering wheel Audio Controls quit, replaced under warranty. Minor hesitation on cold mornings fixed with performance TSB. Right now my Cruise Control is turning off intermittently, I think it's the adjustment on the stop light switch that just requires a replacement (not adjustable). I had water come in threw the dome light after I left it open in the rain. Lug nuts put on too tight at the dealer. Pretty minor stuff.

2 new things that I just found and hadn't reported:

Changed my plugs after 33K, no sign of burning or any other problems, 3 were out to about .048 but one was at about .055 (should be .044). Set incorrectly at the factory?

I have the Security System but the Cabin Air Filter was never installed.

Mine was also a 1st month production run, 6/26/06

Unread 08-01-2008, 08:20 AM   #39
schoat333
2008 MK Patriot 

I, or should i say We (Fiance and I), love our patriot and would buy a new one again for sure. We have already put 8,000 miles on it since march 2008 and have not had a single problem yet.

If i had to do it over i would have gotten the power windows and locks with keyless entry. My last car i didnt need power windows or locks because it was always just me, now that i have an SUV everyone else rides with me so itd be nice to have.
schoat333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2008, 08:27 AM   #40
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Forgot, another fault. Driver side rear window got stuck going up. Dealer fixed, channel out of adjustment. Again, mine was built when the robots were beating up on each other due to the change over at the Belvidere plant, so I didn't expect perfection and I don't mind being a guinea pig. All in all, I'd do it again.

I've had 6'2 people in the back seat with no problems. The front seats are raised 2" over most other vehicles so there is more foot room that adds to the comfort and there are also rear seat duct work that helps for those in the rear with A/C and heat.

Unread 08-01-2008, 08:37 AM   #41
PirateKatz

My wife and I bought our '08 Compass Sport back in October. At the time, we traded in both our 2000 Ford Focus SE and 2003 Chevy Tracker, and went down to being a one car family.

We now have 22k miles on it and no problems as of yet. Which is very good, because we'd be pretty pissed if a brand new car had any issues what-so-ever.

We would buy another one in a heart beat. With our Compass, we have a car that gets decent mileage, has plenty of room, does great in the snow, has AWD, came with a factory roof rack w/150 lbs rating, and we got the dealer to throw in a matching factory rim and tire... all for around $20k. And, despite what people say, we actually love the CVT tranny.

When we were shopping for a car, we realized that a lot of things we wanted were contradictory... AWD and good mileage, small but lots of room, etc.

The Compass is very utilitarian, as it fills many rolls well but I also think this is why the reviews have been so negative. Because it is a bit of a niche vehicle, it often gets compared somewhat dissimilar vehicles. Like SUVs that cost $5-$10k more, where it then gets panned for not being an off-road vehicle, lacking space, or cheap plastics. It'll also get compared against very small cars, and then gets trashed for getting mileage in the mid-20's.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think the Compass does a lot of things well, at the expensive of not being amazing at anything. I should say that I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing.

Would we buy one again, yes :-)
PirateKatz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2008, 09:28 PM   #42
deepnite10

i ve been hauling the dogs around in the Patriot..

we love it !! all 4 of us
deepnite10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2008, 04:23 AM   #43
snokat
2014 JK Wrangler 

We would do it again. Our Pat was born in Jan. '07 and bought in March the same year. While it is a 4x2, it does it all for what we have asked of it.
It only has 13k miles on it and really no issues to speak of. There was a driver door that was poorly hung at the factory, but was straightened in one shot.
Haven't had it in the dirt yet, wife's Jeep, but my Grand is prolly the reason, plus the fact the the Pat doesn't have the kind of clearance I'm use to having off-road. That is about to change though, getting lifted on the 16th. Can't wait!!!
Oh, this is our 5th Jeep, so the Comp didn't buzz me as much as it did my wife. She kept looking at a red Comp MK just outside the showroom when we were shopping the Pat. Now she's happier because the dog loves the back of the Pat. There is a lot of room back there, especially with the seats down.
We had my folks and the dog in it last Saturday with room to spare. We stopped and ordered some pizzas to go. Slipped over to the Publix for some bottles of wine. Well, we all managed to fit including the pies, though the dog went crazy in the back. He's a 30-lb. Sheltie. This was our first crowd in the Pat since we got it.
Only regret is that we didn't wait for the prices to come down to the level they are at now. Prolly could have saved $2500 or so. Oh well, the priviledge of owning a new model.
Unread 08-08-2008, 06:27 PM   #44
Snowplow
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yes i would it agin.

Yep would buy a compass all over agin, I'm working on a fix to the drive by wire, I hate it but i love the jeep.
Snowplow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2008, 07:21 PM   #45
Jeepva
2008 MK Patriot 

Yes, would buy another Patriot. I test drive a lot small SUVs. The most comfortable and the most fun was the PAT. I purchased this 08 PAT June 27, 08 and loved it every second.
Jeepva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.