If you had to choose all over again would you still buy a Compass/Patriot?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > If you had to choose all over again would you still buy a Compass/Patriot??

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-10-2008, 05:01 PM   #16
Wade
2008 MK Patriot 

Would I buy another MK, Yes, and I did!

Bought my first MK, a 2008 Jeep Patriot back in Sep 07.... Love it! Have yet to see another like it! When gas topped $3.00, I told the wife we needed to get rid of BART... BART is a Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab with the 5.7L Hemi. Three weeks ago, and some change, I bought her a 2008 Jeep Compass. She is enjoying her new ride.

Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 07:28 PM   #17
OnRoad
2008 MK Compass 

YES!

I can say that I have absolutely no regrets and am pleasantly surprised on a regular basis!

The body build quality may not be as good as the competition but it is build solidly and has handled the really bad road conditions around here exceptionally well! I am looking forward to the next 20 years of ownership!
Unread 04-12-2008, 05:17 AM   #18
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Without a doubt.

2008 Jeep Green Patriot 5 speed.
2008 Surf Blue Patriot 5 speed.

My husband and I each have '08 Patriots. I got mine first to replace my '05 Xterra that was having severe engine problems at 23K (the build quality was atrocious!). I was really glad that Jeep offered a nicely equipped Patriot with 5 speed. Some companies will make you go bottom of the barrel if you want a 5 speed. Mine came nicely equipped with power options, cruise, and a power moonroof for under $21,000. I didn't get the blowout deals that others had (I could have bought a fully decked out Compass for $18,000, but I wanted the extra cargo room that the Patriot offered) but I did get the $500.00 cash back deal. At the time, my husband was driving a '96 Rav 4. He was getting really bad gas milage, and the ride was nothing short of punishing (he does 120 miles round trip/day). He was so impressed with my Patriot, that we looked for a base model one for him (he didn't want the power options). With discounts ($1000.00 that time), we were able to get his for under $16,000, which really worked for our budget.

Now he's got over 11,000 on his (bought in December), and I've got almost 3500 on mine (yes, my commute is much shorter than his), and we have no complaints. I'd recommend it to anyone.
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2008, 11:02 AM   #19
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY View Post
rob, I hope I haven't killed the original idea of your thread!
i don't think so.......about the only thing that i 'may' have changed is that i would have gone ahead and got the 26E Pkg (power windows, keyless, etc) but i still love my Compass.

i'll REALLY love my Compass once i get the Mopar Hitch, RRO Lift Kit, skid plates and my 235/75R17 Firestone Destination A/T's installed. SWEET!!!!
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2008, 11:39 AM   #20
Busch2fan
2008 KK Liberty 

My daughter-in-law has an '08 Patriot and my wife has an '08 Liberty, loaded. If i had it to do over again, I might suggest a Patriot for the wife. We don't need all the fancy gagets on the Liberty and don't drive it much. The '03 Liberty had 22,000 miles and we didn't get anything on the trade. The Patriot would have been just fine. And we would have saved a lot of money.
Busch2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2008, 01:14 PM   #21
TJCeeJay
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Buying this car was a total no brainer for me; CVT2 Sport w/ YES Seats, Preferred Package 26E (a/c + power everything + more), Driver Convenience Group (EVIC, autodim rearview, garage opener), Sunroof, Cruise, 6-disc stereo and full size spare for $15,500. Sticker was $23,450. I really couldn't say no. I added the lifetime bumper to bumper for $1,500, which is insane for a car company to offer (and you've got to assume won't be offered for much longer).

If it is not prying. may I ask where you bought you Patriot? Please and thank you. ....My friend wants to know.... Don't worry I'm keeping my TJ! : )
TJCeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2008, 01:17 PM   #22
TJCeeJay
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY View Post
But, 30 real-world-avg-mpg + $16,000 price + 5/10 year warranty = winner.
If it not prying. May I ask where you bought your Patriot? Please and thank you. Yes, I'm STILL keeping the TJ.
TJCeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #23
udmover
2011 WK 

Without a doubt I would buy another Patriot! I was in the new car market for about six months trying to find something that would fit all the bills I was looking for. First and foremost I needed decent cargo space. Second, I wanted 4WD or AWD for the occasional nasty winter we have here in the Mid-Atlantic. Third, I wanted a manual transmission. Very few manufacturers make manual anymore! Especially with 4WD or AWD! I looked at so many cars over those six months and kept coming back to the Jeep. For the price, gas mileage, features, warranty, looks, and size nothing else comes close. My search was as broad as a Suzuki SX-4 ($16k) to an Audi A3 and Mazda CX-7 ($28k). All great cars, but none filled every bucket I hoped to fill. Suzuki was cheap and plain, and got lousy mileage for its size. Audi was a dream but was $26k in base BASE form. Mazda needs premium (it's turbocharged), gets 19mpg and is not available in manual.

So yeah, I'd get the Jeep again.
udmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2008, 10:16 AM   #24
ricku

Oh yeah.
Our '08 Pat Limited FDII is the best vehicle we ever had.
Wouldn't it be something if Chrysler ever ADVERTISED the thing ??
ricku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2008, 05:58 PM   #25
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by udmover View Post
Without a doubt I would buy another Patriot! I was in the new car market for about six months trying to find something that would fit all the bills I was looking for. First and foremost I needed decent cargo space. Second, I wanted 4WD or AWD for the occasional nasty winter we have here in the Mid-Atlantic. Third, I wanted a manual transmission. Very few manufacturers make manual anymore! Especially with 4WD or AWD! I looked at so many cars over those six months and kept coming back to the Jeep. For the price, gas mileage, features, warranty, looks, and size nothing else comes close. My search was as broad as a Suzuki SX-4 ($16k) to an Audi A3 and Mazda CX-7 ($28k). All great cars, but none filled every bucket I hoped to fill. Suzuki was cheap and plain, and got lousy mileage for its size. Audi was a dream but was $26k in base BASE form. Mazda needs premium (it's turbocharged), gets 19mpg and is not available in manual.

So yeah, I'd get the Jeep again.
x2 It's so hard to find a decent 5 speed anymore, nevermind a 6 speed manual. Not everyone wants an auto!
Unread 04-16-2008, 05:58 PM   #26
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricku View Post
Oh yeah.
Our '08 Pat Limited FDII is the best vehicle we ever had.
Wouldn't it be something if Chrysler ever ADVERTISED the thing ??
No kidding! Maybe they thought it didn't need it. I'm seeing a ton of Patriots and Compasses around. You just can't beat them IMO
Unread 04-17-2008, 05:41 AM   #27
charlimc
2008 MK Patriot 

I am not sure yet. If the CRD option were available my answer would be a quick YES, but since it is not, I would look closely at the VW Tiguan (as it will have the diesel in Canada). I am not dissatisfied with my 08 patriot, but would quickly go elsewhere if I could get better fuel economy.
charlimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2008, 06:50 AM   #28
umopp

Personally, no, I haven't had any problems with it but I am more of a sports car type person than a suv person. Other than that I got mine for a good price, the dealership I bought mine from needed to sell one more new car before the end of the night because they are a 5 star dealership and apparently need to sell so many cars or they have the possibility of losing their 5 star status. Anyways, we got my 08 Compass in 07 for something like 18k after tax and license which was below the dealer's buying price and 5k below the sticker price.
umopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2008, 08:39 AM   #29
howdy246
2008 MK Compass 

Yes, I would buy another one again. If they ever bring the diesel engine for the compass to Canada, I'll be standing in line to buy one.
howdy246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2008, 09:39 AM   #30
Autocar
2011 KJ Liberty 

No, I would not. I do not like the way it rides or handles although there is a dramatic improvement since I put the Michilen Hydro Edge tires on it. In fact, I am thinking of trading it in very soon. I will be looking at the Dodge Journey.
Autocar is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.