Idler Pulley Replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Idler Pulley Replacement

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 06-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
inflatus
1997 ZJ 

Idler Pulley Replacement

07 Patriot Front Wheel Drive. My idler is making some noise. Will start to change it out tomorrow. Is there anything I should know to change it? This will be my first time working with a Patriot. It looks real tight in there. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

inflatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 11:38 PM   #2
bigkat91
2011 MK Compass 

There is a thread tagged in the stickie section of the forum for belt replacement. I believe coming up from the bottom might be your best betm , YMMV.
bigkat91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
inflatus
1997 ZJ 

So I replaced the Upper Idler Pulley and Power Steering pump. Definitely take the plastic crap cover off the bottom. It will make reaching the tensioner easier when putting the belt back on. I also removed the bladder closest to the belt as well. There was enough room once all of that was out of the way.

There still is a bit of noise. Not as bad as before. Still don't know which pulley. At least if I have to replace another pulley it should go much faster.

Thanks for the help bigkat.
Unread 06-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #4
bigkat91
2011 MK Compass 

No problem! Glad I could help and glad you had a successful job completed. I would have went in greater detail but I was using the forum app on my phone.
bigkat91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #5
inflatus
1997 ZJ 

Altenator was the problem. Replaced it today. Was a bit difficult to remove.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.